Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

  • 185,242 Views
  • 3,606 Replies
New Topic
Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 15:09:38

  • [CLAB] Scavenger Battle
    [CLAB] Scavenger Battle by Gasmasq

    Clabtrap 2012 Scavenger Competition Submission by GasmasQ

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    13 Views

Mad props to EternalXIII for including SJD in his entry. Now I get to show that bitch up twice.
Scope!


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 15:19:51

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/483592?updated=1
Yo great job with the beat Ax! Hopefully the link I attached looks all pretty now; probably not though.

Okay so now that the beat's out let's get to work! It should not take us long to write and record 8 bars. And please, everyone who signed up, PLEASE make sure you follow through and do your part in this.

All the transitions in this beat flow pretty much perfectly, and someone not participating will fuck that feel up. Knowing this, Pig will probably deliberately not do his part, in an attempt to fuck everything up because he is hopelessly addicted to trolling and is incapable of being a real person. Just kidding Pig!

Not really.

nopalitos
nopalitos
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 15:52:09

All of my votes for round 2 are in! A friend of mine wants to trade me a usb mic and a bunch of pedals for one of my cabinets so maybe I'll get to join in soon too?


Then I heard the dud rap and I was all like "HOLY CRAP!"

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 16:12:31

At 4/30/12 03:52 PM, nopalitos wrote: All of my votes for round 2 are in! A friend of mine wants to trade me a usb mic and a bunch of pedals for one of my cabinets so maybe I'll get to join in soon too?

Good luck! Post a rap the day you get it!


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 18:37:59

At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: something arrogant and retarded

I already beat u with my verse on External's beat.

And if that Cerebro thing doesn't prove that this whole thing is rigged, what does? He's runnin to u like you're his dad. I guess PM doesn't mean PRIVATE message. Here's what that fag wrote me.

"Yeah, I'm cool with him and a fan, but I try to be unbiased. It's difficult to be unbiased because if it's a draw, you usually vote for the one you're cool with." ???????????? DIFFICULT TO BE UNBIASED?? Then don't vote!! And then he reported to you like he was one of your street hookers!

You goddamn right I'm doin everything possible to win this battle because I'm better than you. You're a fake, you have no life experience, and you don't need to win. You've got dickriders up the ass because you give people fake ass reviews. No integrity.

This is serious. If I saw you IRL I would slash your damn tires, if you even have a car. You're the worst thing to happen to hip hop since Vanilla Ice.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 21:07:47

At 4/30/12 07:52 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Vanilla Ice.
Vanilla Ice was a saint. *Wes Mantooth Voice*

Actually, his Mr. Fix-It Show wasn't half bad.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ByronTheRapper
ByronTheRapper
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 22:03:33

You want the verses sent to you right AxTekk? It wouldn't make sense any other way to me with such a customized beat.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 22:10:31

So how do you make beats in MSPaint, Tekk?


BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 22:31:10

At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: something arrogant and retarded
I already beat u with my verse on External's beat.

And if that Cerebro thing doesn't prove that this whole thing is rigged, what does? He's runnin to u like you're his dad. I guess PM doesn't mean PRIVATE message. Here's what that fag wrote me.

"Yeah, I'm cool with him and a fan, but I try to be unbiased. It's difficult to be unbiased because if it's a draw, you usually vote for the one you're cool with." ???????????? DIFFICULT TO BE UNBIASED?? Then don't vote!! And then he reported to you like he was one of your street hookers!

You goddamn right I'm doin everything possible to win this battle because I'm better than you. You're a fake, you have no life experience, and you don't need to win. You've got dickriders up the ass because you give people fake ass reviews. No integrity.

This is serious. If I saw you IRL I would slash your damn tires, if you even have a car. You're the worst thing to happen to hip hop since Vanilla Ice.

I'm just letting Gas know what's going on behind his back cuz I don't snoop behind others' back. And I told him I don't care if he calls you out on it cuz who knows how many others you have been PMing. Looks kinda desperate. And I like how you only posted part of what I messaged you. And you wanna talk about integrity? IDK why you would think that I would vote for Gas just cuz I'm "cool" with him on the web. I voted for you on your battle. I have voted against Gas on his battles last year. I have voted against Flex last year. I have voted against Cynic and Nimbus also. I have voted for and against the best. I don't follow the crowd. It's whatever though. If this is what the tournament has become, where we have battlers complaining and PMing the voters then I might not vote for your battle cuz if i vote against you, you're gonna say I'm dickriding. Good luck to both of yall.

nopalitos
nopalitos
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 23:38:16

At 4/30/12 04:12 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 4/30/12 03:52 PM, nopalitos wrote: All of my votes for round 2 are in! A friend of mine wants to trade me a usb mic and a bunch of pedals for one of my cabinets so maybe I'll get to join in soon too?
Good luck! Post a rap the day you get it!

I don't know how to rap, just play drums and bass. I have this one line that's based on tritones in A in 7/8 time that would make a fun track. No way to record it at the moment.


Then I heard the dud rap and I was all like "HOLY CRAP!"

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-04-30 23:49:57

At 4/30/12 10:31 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: whole buncha crap

No, going behind Gas's back would have been me trying to get your vote unfairly. All you did was uncover a NON-SCANDAL. I asked u for a fair vote because your vote in that last battle was so retarded I felt it necessary.

So yeah, who knows how many other people I have PMd asking for a FAIR VOTE. WOW. Who gives a shit, guy???? You didn't do anything except prove that I have more integrity than your fucking boy!!


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 00:14:22

At 4/30/12 11:49 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 10:31 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: whole buncha crap
No, going behind Gas's back would have been me trying to get your vote unfairly. All you did was uncover a NON-SCANDAL. I asked u for a fair vote because your vote in that last battle was so retarded I felt it necessary.

So yeah, who knows how many other people I have PMd asking for a FAIR VOTE. WOW. Who gives a shit, guy???? You didn't do anything except prove that I have more integrity than your fucking boy!!

Yeah, you still skipped the part where you only posted part of what I messaged you to try to make your point stronger.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 03:00:01

At 4/30/12 10:03 PM, ByronTheRapper wrote: You want the verses sent to you right AxTekk? It wouldn't make sense any other way to me with such a customized beat.

Sounds good =] Got FB's accappella just know, get 'em coming in guys!

At 4/30/12 10:10 PM, PiGPEN wrote: So how do you make beats in MSPaint, Tekk?

PiG I'm insulted. I use instagram for my drum parts, notepad for my synths and I mix it all down in Audacity (EURRRGHH, AUDACITY!)

I'll tell you exactly WHAT fonts I use if you tell the class how you managed to make international news with a game that has graphics worse than most school computing projects, BTW.


BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 04:19:09

At 5/1/12 03:00 AM, AxTekk wrote: I'll tell you exactly WHAT fonts I use if you tell the class how you managed to make international news with a game that has graphics worse than most school computing projects, BTW.

Tell kotaku you made a controversial game, wait 3 days, interviews.


BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 04:45:00

But seriously this beat is awful. Sounds like a bunch of random royalty-free loops shat together into a fecal soup.


BBS Signature
Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 06:17:50

At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: something arrogant and retarded
I already beat u with my verse on External's beat.

And if that Cerebro thing doesn't prove that this whole thing is rigged, what does? He's runnin to u like you're his dad. I guess PM doesn't mean PRIVATE message. Here's what that fag wrote me.

"Yeah, I'm cool with him and a fan, but I try to be unbiased. It's difficult to be unbiased because if it's a draw, you usually vote for the one you're cool with." ???????????? DIFFICULT TO BE UNBIASED?? Then don't vote!! And then he reported to you like he was one of your street hookers!

The Doc isn't one of my soldiers. He actually told me he thinks you'll win the comp. No troll bro. (-_-)

You goddamn right I'm doin everything possible to win this battle because I'm better than you.

If you're scared, go to church.

You're a fake, you have no life experience

  • Coming Together
    Coming Together by Gasmasq

    Coming Together feat. Spokane's Mayor Mary Verner

    Score
    3.06 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    281 Views

: and you don't need to win.
You shouldn't need to win either. Weirdo...

You've got dickriders up the ass

*phrasing*

because you give people fake ass reviews. No integrity.

wait... I have dickriders BECAUSE I give lame reviews?

This is serious. If I saw you IRL I would slash your damn tires,

And I will defend my property within my rights. IRL.
http://tinyurl.com/AK-for-Milton

If you even have a car. You're the worst thing to happen to hip hop since Vanilla Ice.

I DREW YOU A PRETTY PICTURE!! YAAAAY!!!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 07:03:55

I NEEEEEEED to win. Im a tears camel, i only drink tears.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 09:58:12

At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: some faggity shit

god, I can only hope you give such detailed, specific attention to your kitchen station. Because seeing the way your artistic life, both audial and visual, are going, you should settle in for an extended stay.

As for the good doctor saying I would win, if it was off of dickrider votes, I wouldn't want it. I got onto folks for voting unfairly when I was UP against Jakobe. It really is about fairness for me. I want to get real feedback and improve rather than have to settle for all the auto-5 star dickriding that goes on in this site. I'm just challenging ppl 2 step up and give real reviews. Actually LISTEN - and give real reviews.

I didn't click on that AK picture, because if it's true, I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.

Another issue - BEAT BATTLE - Ax vs Ms. Lambourn. I got $25 on Ax all day. Who's matching?


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 10:18:13

At 5/1/12 09:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Another issue - BEAT BATTLE - Ax vs Ms. Lambourn. I got $25 on Ax all day. Who's matching?

Who the fuck's Ms. Lambourn?

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 10:23:55

At 5/1/12 09:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: some faggity shit
god, I can only hope you give such detailed, specific attention to your kitchen station. Because seeing the way your artistic life, both audial and visual, are going, you should settle in for an extended stay.

As for the good doctor saying I would win, if it was off of dickrider votes, I wouldn't want it. I got onto folks for voting unfairly when I was UP against Jakobe. It really is about fairness for me. I want to get real feedback and improve rather than have to settle for all the auto-5 star dickriding that goes on in this site. I'm just challenging ppl 2 step up and give real reviews. Actually LISTEN - and give real reviews.

I didn't click on that AK picture, because if it's true, I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.

Another issue - BEAT BATTLE - Ax vs Ms. Lambourn. I got $25 on Ax all day. Who's matching?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ms.+Lambourn
No really who the fuck is Miss Lambourn, I would put money up but I don't feel like sifting through this thread for evidence who dat?

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 10:26:08

Ms Audrey Lambourn?

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 10:41:30

Personally, I think Gasmasq and Senator John Dean both suck equally. As well as I think AxTekk and PiGPEN both are just terrible, terrible producers.

Of course, who am I to judge? I can't rap or produce.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 11:09:37

At 5/1/12 10:41 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Personally, I think Gasmasq and Senator John Dean both suck equally. As well as I think AxTekk and PiGPEN both are just terrible, terrible producers.

Of course, who am I to judge? I can't rap or produce.

You're actually the most reputable, based on your propensity to oversee and manage a collaborative rap project. I've been hearing great things from all sides about the SJD/Bummer City/Emergency collab project. Man...how do you ever fit in the time to produce and promote that?

Ms. Lambourn is Ryan Lambourn, aka pigpen


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 13:07:44

At 5/1/12 09:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: some faggity shit
god, I can only hope you give such detailed, specific attention to your kitchen station. Because seeing the way your artistic life, both audial and visual, are going, you should settle in for an extended stay.

As for the good doctor saying I would win, if it was off of dickrider votes, I wouldn't want it. I got onto folks for voting unfairly when I was UP against Jakobe. It really is about fairness for me. I want to get real feedback and improve rather than have to settle for all the auto-5 star dickriding that goes on in this site. I'm just challenging ppl 2 step up and give real reviews. Actually LISTEN - and give real reviews.

I didn't click on that AK picture, because if it's true, I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.

Another issue - BEAT BATTLE - Ax vs Ms. Lambourn. I got $25 on Ax all day. Who's matching?

It was cool when you promoted fairness publicly, but PMing about it the way you did is shady and political. And you claim to hate the politics on NG. That's like Obama sending me a message telling me "vote fairly cuz I think you're riding my opponents dick." And btw, I've called you out twice about only posting a small fraction of what I actually messaged you to make your point stronger and you haven't responded. Another shady and political act.

Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 13:09:52

At 5/1/12 09:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.

You don't know much about the Assault Weapons Ban (not renewed), Class III Weapons Permits (available in a Red state near you!) or you second amendment rights do you? I bet you support gun reform so they can take more of our rights away without a hassle.

Keep in mind, this is an election year, Senator.

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=10324284

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 13:38:45

At 5/1/12 01:09 PM, Gasmasq wrote:
At 5/1/12 09:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.
You don't know much about the Assault Weapons Ban (not renewed), Class III Weapons Permits (available in a Red state near you!) or you second amendment rights do you? I bet you support gun reform so they can take more of our rights away without a hassle.

Keep in mind, this is an election year, Senator.

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=10324284

Well the reason you Americans have guns is so you can rise up and reset your government when they get out of order. PS: Your government is out of fucking order.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:11:48

At 5/1/12 01:38 PM, Carefoot wrote:
Well the reason you Americans have guns is so you can rise up and reset your government when they get out of order. PS: Your government is out of fucking order.

HOLY SHIT Carefoot, you just said something that actually makes sense! And I agree, shit is fucked up over here. It's not just politics though, it's the nutcases still stuck in the 1800s.

I could go on forever about what the hell is wrong with my country, but it all boils down to ignorance, racism, and lack of political knowledge. Add in the fact that people are brainwashed into believing capitalism is a perfect science- and we have a country full of enslaved, corporate-owned idiots who are terrified of change.

I'm not going to even touch the religion issue out of respect to those of you who believe, but over here, religion is one of the main dividing factors among the people. Just keep that shit out of politics is all I'm saying.

As for the right to keep and bear arms- I'm fucking all for that.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:16:47

At 5/1/12 02:11 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm not going to even touch the religion issue out of respect to those of you who believe, but over here, religion is one of the main dividing factors among the people. Just keep that shit out of politics is all I'm saying.

Don't tell me you're one of those people who are all "Take in god we trust off of the dollar wah wah wah" lmao I don't even believe in God. However, tradition is tradition.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:24:24

At 5/1/12 02:16 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
Don't tell me you're one of those people who are all "Take in god we trust off of the dollar wah wah wah" lmao I don't even believe in God. However, tradition is tradition.

No, I'm not. I'm one of those people who say SHUT THE FUCK UP to those who say "It says in god we trust on the dollar, so if you don't like god you should geeeeet out of 'merica".

I'm one of those guys who says shut the fuck up to people who tell me that our country was founded to be a christian nation, when it fucking WAS NOT. Human ethics and morality is not an exclusively christian trait.

I don't give a damn what is printed on the worthless toilet paper we call the dollar. Let's just start with keeping religion out of real political issues and we'll go from there.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:35:44

At 5/1/12 02:16 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 5/1/12 02:11 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm not going to even touch the religion issue out of respect to those of you who believe, but over here, religion is one of the main dividing factors among the people. Just keep that shit out of politics is all I'm saying.
Don't tell me you're one of those people who are all "Take in god we trust off of the dollar wah wah wah" lmao I don't even believe in God. However, tradition is tradition.

"In God We Trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782

WIKIPEDIA

Its not as old of a tradition as people think.


... awww :(