Scuare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 08:20 PM

At 4/11/12 07:28 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/11/12 06:13 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote:
It's the protection of the female spirit from the bullshit we males have to deal with.

That is some inadvertent (i hope) ass sexism

... awww :(

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 08:31 PM

At 4/11/12 08:20 PM, Scuare wrote:
At 4/11/12 07:28 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/11/12 06:13 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote:
It's the protection of the female spirit from the bullshit we males have to deal with.
That is some inadvertent (i hope) ass sexism

You're naive if you don't think we are here to be male and protect chicks, dude.

You sayin you don't move the couch for your woman? Or open the door? Or defending her honor if somebody talks shit?

You think I'm talkin about tellin a bitch what to do or dominating somebody. All I'm talkin about is old school Southern gentleman chivalry.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:11 PM

At 4/11/12 07:35 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Am I missing something? Is Suddle Rav? Am I just stupid?

Suddle's the one with a lisp. And yeah you are.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:12 PM

Ducreux is a beast.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

BBS Signature
SoundGoodizer
SoundGoodizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:36 PM

At 4/11/12 07:35 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
And just to bring it back to some trollin shit, I'm already just as good at rap as you are. Better, actually, because you copy Rav's style 2 much.

that's adorable, I know you like rav but he doesn't like you back like that man, move on.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:38 PM

At 4/11/12 09:36 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote:
At 4/11/12 07:35 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
And just to bring it back to some trollin shit, I'm already just as good at rap as you are. Better, actually, because you copy Rav's style 2 much.
that's adorable, I know you like rav but he doesn't like you back like that man, move on.

I think Rav rocks, not ashamed to admit it.

On another tip, the 2nd MC in these battles has SUCH a huge advantage. All the reviews talk about "he flipped this, he flipped that" well, the 2nd MC has two chances to flip. The first MC only has one flip. How is that fair?

And I'm goin 2nd in the battle against Jakobe so you can't say I'm doin this for personal gain. Just somethin to think about.

BBS Signature
AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM

At 4/11/12 07:28 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: So when I say "manipulate," I mean "having your shit together so much that the chick doesn't have to worry about anything so they want to come into your world."

Ahhh, that's totally different to what I was hearing. That's barely manipulating, bro. That's just self confidence, style and having a pair of balls.

My bad, I know some serious ass- holes and temporarily forgot the whole world is not like that.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.
Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM

At 4/11/12 09:38 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: On another tip, the 2nd MC in these battles has SUCH a huge advantage. All the reviews talk about "he flipped this, he flipped that" well, the 2nd MC has two chances to flip. The first MC only has one flip. How is that fair?

It is what it is. Its a whole competition so that isn't really a huge deal, if you're a great MC then you will be able to easily adapt to flipping his lifestyle instead of his lyrics for your first verse.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM

At 4/11/12 09:38 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: And I'm goin 2nd in the battle against Jakobe so you can't say I'm doin this for personal gain. Just somethin to think about.

Only answer to this is to have the second MC go in blind....but that's no fun.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

At 4/11/12 09:47 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
It is what it is. Its a whole competition so that isn't really a huge deal, if you're a great MC then you will be able to easily adapt to flipping his lifestyle instead of his lyrics for your first verse.

Man, eMerg, as much as I love you, and I'm making that public mind you, you love to co-opt random ass street sayings to circumvent making an actual point. You told me I couldn't call a lawyer because I was a rapper cuz of "no snitching" once. ????? Keep in mind I love you dearly and this is no dis. If I win this comp I'm buying you an NG t-shirt. I think you're awesome, so shut up.

"It is what it is" is a fatalistic viewpoint when it doesn't have to be. You effing KNOW BigRed. You could easily say the format needs to be 1, 2, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 1, 2.

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

At 4/11/12 10:01 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Man, eMerg, as much as I love you, and I'm making that public mind you, you love to co-opt random ass street sayings to circumvent making an actual point. You told me I couldn't call a lawyer because I was a rapper cuz of "no snitching" once. ????? Keep in mind I love you dearly and this is no dis. If I win this comp I'm buying you an NG t-shirt. I think you're awesome, so shut up.

"It is what it is" is a fatalistic viewpoint when it doesn't have to be. You effing KNOW BigRed. You could easily say the format needs to be 1, 2, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 1, 2.

But this isn't just about "fair" friend. Remember that music in-general is more about the fans than anything, and 1,2,1,2 is the more exciting format for the fans. Along with, like I mentioned, if you're a good enough rapper you can adapt and won't need to flip a single thing.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure BigRed is dead-set on keeping the format, therefore he has been implenting more rules to it to make a little more fair, such as, letting the first MC pick the best beat for him. Like in my battle vs. Rav, I was kind of forced to wait 16 bars before I said anything and then Rav only had to wait 8 more bars to flip my stuff, so he definitely had the better opportunity to come in quicker and harder because he had the ability to choose the best beat for him rap-wise and strategically.

I'm sure there are many more ideas to come about making it all more fair, but the format won't change. You can talk to Wyze and we can all bring back his competition, where MCs each chose their own beat and did 16 bars over it and released them on same day or something along those lines. He seems to be a strong believer in that, kind of like a general beef battle.

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

At 4/11/12 10:01 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: "It is what it is" is a fatalistic viewpoint when it doesn't have to be. You effing KNOW BigRed. You could easily say the format needs to be 1, 2, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 1, 2.

1,2,2,1 doesn't change the fact that one person has to go first with no material. The only way to give equal first verses is to have both go blind like pig said. You end up with a battle that is less linear, which I'm not interested in. I like that our battles are a conversation, 16, 16, 16, 16. I've tried other formats and seen others try different formats, I like this it. It's not fatalistic, this is what works best. 1, 2, 1, 2 with 16s is consistent. Also, because we are keeping the format standard, I'm hoping judges will start to fully understand the biases of the battles. MC 1 choosing the beat also goes a long way to even things out.

If you want to experiment with formats go for it, just not in the 2012 comp. I'm content with the current format but if something came up that was miraculously better I would consider it in the years to come. Put on side battles and play around!

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

At 4/11/12 10:01 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: "It is what it is" is a fatalistic viewpoint when it doesn't have to be. You effing KNOW BigRed. You could easily say the format needs to be 1, 2, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 1, 2.

1212 predates bigred tourneys. You'd be hard pressed to find battles that dont follow this format.
Flipping is the most exciting part of battling and you want to reduce it. Probably because you suck at it.

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:05 AM

Does anybody know soundbreaker and have other contact info? I haven't heard anything from him, I've heard from all other MC1s.

BBS Signature
Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM

At 4/11/12 02:02 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Your Fight Club quote deals with male/female relationships on a completely dependent level. If you read the book you'd effn see how much that doesn't relate to what I'm sayin.

I'm over girls. I'm just into you now, Senator.
Also, read the book multiple times. You're not that cool.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... BOOM.

NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:47 AM

At 4/12/12 01:41 AM, Gasmasq wrote: I'm over girls. I'm just into you now, Senator.
Also, read the book multiple times. You're not that cool.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... BOOM.

Not sure you could handle the girth, and I disagree with you about the level of coolness. You may be right, though. I dunno. I feel as though the topic of discussion switched from relationships to a personal battle involving our respective trolling voracity, which I would rather decline. If the gods permit, we shall have ample opportunity to fleece each other's reputation in the battle. I see no reason to do so within this particular thread.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... BOOM.

BBS Signature
pinballwizard420
pinballwizard420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 02:46 AM

Saw something about someone possibly whining about the 1-2-1-2 format of the battles, about how MC2 has a huge advantage. Several things wrong with this outlook.

ONE - SOMEBODYhas to go first, and SOMEBODYhas to get the last word. If these two things deeply affect your decision on who won, you're focusing on the wrong thing.

TWO - Skill, experience, and a quick wit will alwaysbe the biggest advantages an MC can have.

THREE - If you go first, you can close the battle with your 2nd verse by reinforcing your 1st verse's punches and flipping MC2's first verse with sufficient delivery and lyrical competency. (If you hit them hard enough, MC2's 2nd 16 might not even matter because they don't overcome the burial.)

FOUR - A battle is more than flips. It is also punches, delivery, flow, clarity, rhythm, lyrics, rhyme, scheme, technique, and several other things.

A good judge takes into account the fact that MC2 got the last word and MC1 will not get another chance to flip, so MC2's second 16 is under harsher scrutiny.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 03:34 AM

At 4/12/12 02:46 AM, pinballwizard420 wrote: Saw something about someone possibly whining about the 1-2-1-2 format of the battles, about how MC2 has a huge advantage. Several things wrong with this outlook.

Only thing I was whinin about is your inability to take in the entirety of a post and not scan over the damn thing and generalize.

A good judge takes into account the fact that MC2 got the last word and MC1 will not get another chance to flip, so MC2's second 16 is under harsher scrutiny.

Key word being "GOOD." How many GOOD judges do you know? You ain't one.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

At 4/12/12 03:34 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:

Key word being "GOOD." How many GOOD judges do you know? You ain't one.

Obviously over half of the judges are retarded fucksticks... #stillbitter

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

At 4/12/12 10:57 AM, Teqneek wrote: Obviously over half of the judges are retarded fucksticks... #stillbitter

If only we had more than a dozen+1 real voters. You could have won by a hair or lost by a majority. #EATMYDICKTEQNEEK

BBS Signature
AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM

At 4/12/12 10:57 AM, Teqneek wrote: Obviously over half of the judges are retarded fucksticks... #stillbitter

Feelin' this sentiment.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.
Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM

There are plenty of good judges who have been voting on battles for awhile now and actually make an effort in listening plenty of times to make their decision, and spend time writing a thoughtful review to explain how they made their decision.
For example: Wrise, DubbleDeezle, etc.

As well as their are past battlers who know more about battling than you ever will that do the same thing when they make a decision.
For example: MaDFLeX, NimbusTheGeneral, Glitchs2d, etc.

I'm not gonna point out every good judge their is cause I could point out every single one and you'd still be bitter about your loss, and I understand why you want to but you lost, get over it. At the risk of John coming in and telling me he loves me while also pointing out my bullshit street sayings, I'm gonna go ahead and say right now. Shit happens.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM

At 4/12/12 04:23 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Yay I beat Rav, hooray!

Nope, a ton of these judges are fucking retarded, and I would have won my battle in any other setting. Okay I'm done talking about this.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM

At 4/12/12 05:21 PM, Teqneek wrote: Nope, a ton of these judges are fucking retarded, and I would have won my battle in any other setting. Okay I'm done talking about this.

Not with your therapist you're not.

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM

Re-listening to the battles.

"Elevator eyes" is the best line in the whole damn competition.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 09:11 PM

At 4/12/12 05:21 PM, Teqneek wrote: Nope, a ton of these judges are fucking retarded, and I would have won my battle in any other setting. Okay I'm done talking about this.

Straight up, you're just a little bitch.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I don't want to argue with anyone anymore. I fucking hate it actually. I just have always had this need to voice my opinion, and I know it's not what everyone wants to hear, but I'm not picking fights with anyone personally.

I actually like pretty much everyone here, which is why I haven't hauled ass yet. I just think the judging needs to be revamped, and I'll leave it at that.

But I lost, and I'll accept it. No more bitching from me, I promise.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

Yay, teqneek actually loves me.

BBS Signature
ByronTheRapper
ByronTheRapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:02 AM

I just realized there are more replies in this thread than views on any single song that I've ever been involved with. FML.

SoundGoodizer
SoundGoodizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:20 AM

At 4/13/12 01:02 AM, ByronTheRapper wrote: I just realized there are more replies in this thread than views on any single song that I've ever been involved with. FML.

now that is good humor.