Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

  • 175,650 Views
  • 3,871 Replies
New Topic
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 02:43 PM

At 3/31/12 12:31 PM, Carefoot wrote: Cheers

I would not recommend a large competition as your first foray into hosting battles. First you should try to host some battles. You can do this right now actually, maybe you can organize some battles for the knocked out MCs.


BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 02:51 PM

At 3/31/12 02:43 PM, BigRed wrote:
At 3/31/12 12:31 PM, Carefoot wrote: Cheers
I would not recommend a large competition as your first foray into hosting battles. First you should try to host some battles. You can do this right now actually, maybe you can organize some battles for the knocked out MCs.

That fantasy bracket does look really shiny and pretty, though. lol

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:02 PM

At 3/31/12 02:43 PM, BigRed wrote:
At 3/31/12 12:31 PM, Carefoot wrote: Cheers
I would not recommend a large competition as your first foray into hosting battles. First you should try to host some battles. You can do this right now actually, maybe you can organize some battles for the knocked out MCs.

Top 8 MCS realistic or is this still too much?
http://i.imgur.com/mxZFz.jpg

There 8 mc bracket with Double elim, maybe I put 100 dollars up? How much is a realistic pool I want to payout 1/2/3 (70%/20%/10%)...

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:25 PM

At 3/31/12 04:02 PM, Carefoot wrote:
At 3/31/12 02:43 PM, BigRed wrote:
At 3/31/12 12:31 PM, Carefoot wrote: Cheers
I would not recommend a large competition as your first foray into hosting battles. First you should try to host some battles. You can do this right now actually, maybe you can organize some battles for the knocked out MCs.
Top 8 MCS realistic or is this still too much?
http://i.imgur.com/mxZFz.jpg

There 8 mc bracket with Double elim, maybe I put 100 dollars up? How much is a realistic pool I want to payout 1/2/3 (70%/20%/10%)...

Dude, you're kind of stepping on Red's toes trying to promote a battle tournament within his battle tournament. Seems kind of like you're trying to sling rocks on his turf, lol.

And you're calling it Spacetrap?

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:27 PM

At 3/31/12 04:25 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Spacetrap?

Just throwing this out there, why is everything trap? lol

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:34 PM

At 3/31/12 04:02 PM, Carefoot wrote: Top 8 MCS realistic or is this still too much?

You've never hosted a battle before, just putting a few battles on would be a better place to start. Maybe you could organize a round of battles, like the January ones. Once Round 2 is over there will be almost 30 MCs with nothing to do, set up some battles and get some experience hosting them. Honestly it's not easy and things fall apart quickly. I think you're underestimating the amount of work it takes to put a competition like this on.

You should also probably come up with a more unique name. Spacetrap and Collab Trap sound just a bit familiar.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:47 PM

All you lolligagging bastards holding up this round by taking years to get your verses in better be making the greatest music our ears have ever heard, or I'll be pissed.

Round 1's been going on for like 23 days now, sheeesh.

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:48 PM

At 3/31/12 04:34 PM, BigRed wrote:
At 3/31/12 04:02 PM, Carefoot wrote: Top 8 MCS realistic or is this still too much?
You've never hosted a battle before, just putting a few battles on would be a better place to start. Maybe you could organize a round of battles, like the January ones. Once Round 2 is over there will be almost 30 MCs with nothing to do, set up some battles and get some experience hosting them. Honestly it's not easy and things fall apart quickly. I think you're underestimating the amount of work it takes to put a competition like this on.

You should also probably come up with a more unique name. Spacetrap and Collab Trap sound just a bit familiar.

Hopefully my grandchildren will get too complete someday.
http://imgur.com/IT953

No but honestly, I want to do something in space... Space Collab ok?

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:56 PM

At 3/31/12 04:48 PM, Carefoot wrote:
http://imgur.com/IT953

Hahaha you should just call it that. Seriously though, did I piss you off or something?

Anyway thanks for giving me a new wallpaper...

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 05:10 PM

At 3/31/12 04:56 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 3/31/12 04:48 PM, Carefoot wrote:
http://imgur.com/IT953
Hahaha you should just call it that. Seriously though, did I piss you off or something?

Anyway thanks for giving me a new wallpaper...

If you want too host than I am happy to keep that title. :)

Otherwise I'm just going to call it the 420 Rainbow Rap Battle
http://i.imgur.com/chtJW.jpg

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

At 3/31/12 04:47 PM, Teqneek wrote: All you lolligagging bastards holding up this round by taking years to get your verses in better be making the greatest music our ears have ever heard, or I'll be pissed.

Round 1's been going on for like 23 days now, sheeesh.

I'd like to say that's true, but I'm bladdered, sooo...

I'm sorry.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

Dude it's too quiet in here so I uploaded a new practice tune over a beat from Team Dix.

  • X Pill
    X Pill by SenatorJohnDean

    Drugs change your life perspective.

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    1 Views


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

tvJohnny, where did you go? Your battle was dope. Originality vs Scuare's cookie-cutter flow.

Fuck it, I don't care if he is just suddle and R-av, I want to "battle" tvJohnny. And by battle, I mean, collaborative rap comedy nonsense bullshit.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:07 PM

At 4/1/12 11:54 AM, RampantMusik wrote: tvJohnny, where did you go? Your battle was dope. Originality vs Scuare's cookie-cutter flow.

Fuck it, I don't care if he is just suddle and R-av, I want to "battle" tvJohnny. And by battle, I mean, collaborative rap comedy nonsense bullshit.

Cookies are delicious.


... awww :(

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:08 PM

At 4/1/12 06:07 PM, Scuare wrote: Cookies are delicious.

Yes, but the factory wants their template back now.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:12 PM

At 4/1/12 06:08 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:07 PM, Scuare wrote: Cookies are delicious.
Yes, but the factory wants their template back now

Being off beat doesn't make your flow original.


... awww :(

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:15 PM

At 4/1/12 11:54 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Scuare's cookie-cutter flow.

Fuckyoumean.jpg

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:20 PM

At 4/1/12 06:12 PM, Scuare wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:08 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:07 PM, Scuare wrote: Cookies are delicious.
Yes, but the factory wants their template back now
Being off beat doesn't make your flow original.

Off-beat? No. That's the sound of awesome.

I think we're done here. You can go back to listening to mainstream hip hop on your Beats by Dr. Dre.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:21 PM

At 4/1/12 06:20 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:12 PM, Scuare wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:08 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:07 PM, Scuare wrote: Cookies are delicious.
Yes, but the factory wants their template back now
Being off beat doesn't make your flow original.
Off-beat? No. That's the sound of awesome.

I think we're done here. You can go back to listening to mainstream hip hop on your Beats by Dr. Dre.

man that is a very specific and well thought out insult. I can't believe you didnt make past the pre round


... awww :(

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:23 PM

At 4/1/12 06:20 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Mainstream Hip-Hop

I want to know what you listen to, for the sake of my amusement.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 06:48 PM

At 4/1/12 06:23 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:20 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Mainstream Hip-Hop
I want to know what you listen to, for the sake of my amusement.

Ludwig van Beethoven, Gustav Mahler, Richard Wagner, Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Johannes Brahms, and Sir Edward Elgar, and Antonin Dvorak, mostly. Mixed in with John Williams, Danny Elfman, Jesper Kyd, Christopher Lennertz, John Powell, Jeremy Soule and rounded out with Buddy Holly, Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, Henry Mancini, and The Beatles.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 07:01 PM

At 4/1/12 06:48 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:23 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:20 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Not Hip-Hop

Cool story bro. Lot of good rappers on that list.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 07:14 PM

At 4/1/12 07:01 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:48 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:23 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 4/1/12 06:20 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Not Hip-Hop
Cool story bro. Lot of good rappers on that list.

Uh-huh.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 07:31 PM

All your favourite bands are terrible.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 08:00 PM

At 4/1/12 07:31 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: All your favourite bands are terrible.

Yeah man. Should listen to some REAL music. Like this:

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 08:45 PM

  • The Original Gas Battle.
    The Original Gas Battle. by R-avenger

    n***a n***a n***a n***a n***a n***a

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    31 Views

I can get down to this.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

At 4/2/12 07:45 AM, Teqneek wrote: Round One- Day 26

I second that


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

At 4/2/12 07:45 AM, Teqneek wrote: Round One- Day 26

What's funny is, if its 3 days for each verse and eveyrbody takes all three days then... shouldnt both rounds together be only 24 days?

My math may be wrong, you gotta remember, I'm a redneck honkey :P


BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

At 4/2/12 12:13 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 4/2/12 07:45 AM, Teqneek wrote: Round One- Day 26
What's funny is, if its 3 days for each verse and eveyrbody takes all three days then... shouldnt both rounds together be only 24 days?

My math may be wrong, you gotta remember, I'm a redneck honkey :P

I think you're right, but round 1 takes forever because of preround. Anything else should be 24 days at max. This tourney could last a while.