• 3,876 Replies
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 15:35:59

At 3 minutes ago, P64 wrote: I didn't say flow is all the matters, I was saying it seemed like not many people were considering that in the reactions. I was saying that I feel like flow and delivery should be considered more when judging goes around based off how I was seeing all the reviews were.

Well, you're right, and you're flow is good. But the only way for you to really win this battle, is if they consider flow more than lyrics. Do you really want flow to be more important than actual lyrics? I'm not trolling or trying to be a dick here, I'm just saying.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 15:42:53

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think in a BATTLE, the attack is most important. You could have used those lines against anyone here, they were not personalized. Therefore Wyze wins.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 15:44:51

At 28 minutes ago, P64 wrote: this is a rap battle, not an insult battle.

Srsly?

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 16:30:38

At 46 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think in a BATTLE, the attack is most important. You could have used those lines against anyone here, they were not personalized. Therefore Wyze wins.

I try to factor everything into it.

For example, if someones rapping is a pile of shit but they have great lyrics, then it's still a pile of shit. It works in reverse too, someone can have the best flow in the world but if they're spittin' a bunch of horse shit then it's still horse shit.

Shit.
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 16:31:00

At 45 minutes ago, PiGPEN wrote:
At 28 minutes ago, P64 wrote: this is a rap battle, not an insult battle.
Srsly?

oh pig you and your raucous anime images

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 16:33:02

It looks like I'm gonna advance, so I'm puttin this out there WAY ahead of time.

I'm gonna be in Vegas for my birthday from March 22-26, AWAY FROM MY GEAR. So I asked BigRed for an extension cuz I wanna stay in this shit. I want that premium Soundcloud account.

Just lettin yall know way ahead of time so nobody thinks I'm duckin anybody. If I don't show up for the second round, it's cuz BigRed decided not to give me that extension. You'll have to excuse me. I'm gonna be in Vegas alone with the girl that inspired "White Girl Love Song." LOL

Also, if there's any way I can work around the extension, I will. hip hop first, before any broads.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 16:48:41

Its looking pretty neck and neck in terms of the reviews from MCs and non MCs for me and Beats to advance. Just wondering: what if there's a tie Red? Do we get to double team Gas?

Gambitandshit
Gambitandshit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 16:56:09

Don't you love when your opponent takes all three days per verse

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 17:01:56

At 5 minutes ago, Gambitandshit wrote: Don't you love when your opponent takes all three days per verse

I can't even hate, my opponent needs all the time he has.

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 17:04:14

At 7 minutes ago, Gambitandshit wrote: Don't you love when your opponent takes all three days per verse

Dude, he's just giving you more material. Fucking take it and run!

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 17:19:52

At 26 minutes ago, AxTekk wrote: Its looking pretty neck and neck in terms of the reviews from MCs and non MCs for me and Beats to advance. Just wondering: what if there's a tie Red? Do we get to double team Gas?

Like this?

• 3v1 - OG Wyze Mao v Gas
    3v1 - OG Wyze Mao v Gas by HDC

One versus Many!

Score
    4.33 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

In the event of a tie I will re-open voting and get some more impartial judges in to make the call, likely dudes not from NG, who do not know either one of you, and have solid experience with battle rap.

BBS Signature
Scuare
Scuare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 17:35:17

At 4 hours ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: but with you're accent, its hard to pull it off to our American ears.
The fact that so many Americans can't understand us is really detrimental to all of us Brits. Especially *ahem* those of us with thicker accents.

Ah well. We'll live.

Also, I've noticed a distinct lack of European and 'Latino' MC's in this place.

I don't know if you mean actually living in South America, but believe it or not i am Latino

... awww :(

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 18:33:53

At 3 hours ago, P64 wrote: A wall of text

Look, P, you seem like a reasonable dude from the research I was doing, but you have to remember, rap battles have always been about insulting your opponent. Yes, flow and delivery factor into it, but what you say is still the most important part of a rap battle. You didn't attack me, other than a couple of lines. Yes, you got me on flow, I will give you that, but do you really think your flow advantage is enough to make up for the fact you didn't attack?

Not trying to be a dick, but take it as a learning opportunity. Battle means fighting your opponent, so throw some punches next time.

all the same, have to say though, I do like your style. Also, how's the album/mixtape with KRS-One's son coming?

~Mike~

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 18:53:06

At 1 hour ago, BigRed wrote:
In the event of a tie I will re-open voting and get some more impartial judges in to make the call, likely dudes not from NG, who do not know either one of you, and have solid experience with battle rap.

Do I smell a Soul Khan judgement?

~Mike~

P64
P64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 20:15:50

At 1 hour ago, Wyze-Stingray wrote:
At 3 hours ago, P64 wrote: A wall of text
Look, P, you seem like a reasonable dude from the research I was doing, but you have to remember, rap battles have always been about insulting your opponent. Yes, flow and delivery factor into it, but what you say is still the most important part of a rap battle. You didn't attack me, other than a couple of lines. Yes, you got me on flow, I will give you that, but do you really think your flow advantage is enough to make up for the fact you didn't attack?

Not trying to be a dick, but take it as a learning opportunity. Battle means fighting your opponent, so throw some punches next time.

I feel you on that. Next battle, I do I'll step the game. No hard feelings.

As for the EP with KRS-One's son... It's going really well. We did a 6 track EP when we were younger (which compared to what we can do now, is a joke) and some of that can be found online, but we have both kind of disowned that lol. Now that we're much more experienced our next project is going much harder and had way more structure and style to it. I have my debut solo mixtape coming out on the 22nd, so after that we're going to be focusing on the EP and make more progress with it.

BTW, how did you find out about the project?

all the same, have to say though, I do like your style. Also, how's the album/mixtape with KRS-One's son coming?
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 20:20:11

Let me know when it drops, I'm going to add a Mixtape/Album/EP section to CLABTRAP and I'll plug it for ya.

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 20:36:34

At 4 hours ago, MadFLeX wrote:
P64 your flow is one of the best around here, for sure. But there's a shit ton of info on Wyze you could have dug up and you didn't. If you were in front of a live crowd, there would not have been any defining moment of your verse where people felt that you attacked Wyze, other than the Steve Irwin's ghost line, which didn't hit very hard because a stingray killed Steve Irwin.

^I agree with that statement, but I think your decision to declare mine a draw was a bit of a jump. By that "if this was a live battle" logic, EJ would have gotten booed off stage within the first five seconds. And you know that to be true. No disrespect to him or you.

"You sound like a white and gay DMX" is not a punchline. Especially when I don't sound anything like DMX, lol.

I'm just saying. There's a reason why "Bars over jokes" is printed on t-shirts at KOTD and GrindTime events.
Not trying to start up trouble, just speaking my opinion.

tvJohnny
tvJohnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 20:53:11

At 1 hour ago, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Do I smell a Soul Khan judgement?

Shut the fuck up wyze

TV JOHNNY DIAMONDZ ON MY RIMZ

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 21:04:11

I'm just saying. There's a reason why "Bars over jokes" is printed on t-shirts at KOTD and GrindTime events.
Not trying to start up trouble, just speaking my opinion.

Wow, I reread that and sounded like a total douche about EJ. My bad.

tvJohnny
tvJohnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 21:20:57

Caught you slipping, Scuare.

Pic related > Me and Scuare at tvJohnny's Jewelry Emporium in Tulsa.

TV JOHNNY DIAMONDZ ON MY RIMZ

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 21:42:57

Does anyone else think Wyze sounds a bit like Esoteric?

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 21:55:01

At 8 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Does anyone else think Wyze sounds a bit like Esoteric?

Umm, hell motherfucking no.

Side note- I can't fucking believe nobody's brought to light that Kill Bill does a remarkable Tyler the Creator impression.

No disrespect, but when I heard your stuff that was all I could think about. Granted, all I've heard was the hype track and current battle, so his normal flow might be different. But has anyone ever told you that Bill?

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 22:02:33

At 6 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Does anyone else think Wyze sounds a bit like Esoteric?
Umm, hell motherfucking no.

Side note- I can't fucking believe nobody's brought to light that Kill Bill does a remarkable Tyler the Creator impression.

No disrespect, but when I heard your stuff that was all I could think about. Granted, all I've heard was the hype track and current battle, so his normal flow might be different. But has anyone ever told you that Bill?

^Yes, actually. lol That's just my voice though. I really enjoy Tyler's music, but I'm not trying to sound like him. haha

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 22:16:16

At 8 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
^Yes, actually. lol That's just my voice though. I really enjoy Tyler's music, but I'm not trying to sound like him. haha

It's all good man. I've been told I sound like a cross between the God of Abraham and Steve Buscemi.

You don't bite Tyler, but your voice is definitely reminiscent of him I'd say. Good Luck in the battles.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 22:56:03

At 38 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
It's all good man. I've been told I sound like a cross between the God of Abraham and Steve Buscemi.

Steve Buscemi is a god though.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 23:16:29

At 3 hours ago, P64 wrote: BTW, how did you find out about the project?

Some forums with lurker in the name, don't really remember. I was using google to see if there was any obvious dirt on you.

~Mike~

Ballisticktw
Ballisticktw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 23:22:06

At 1 day ago, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Only question I have is how many votes we're honestly expecting to get on every battle from non-MCs.

I am voting and Im a non-MC. Though to be fair, was going to enter into the competition (having not battle rapped before). Got half way through my hype track and suddenly realised my shoutouts were shat out by a posh twat on tampax and my rapping was just crapping on all the MCs clabtrapping. That was when I gave up and decided to just vote instead.

Ballisticktw
Ballisticktw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 23:25:02

At 2 minutes ago, Ballisticktw wrote:
At 1 day ago, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Only question I have is how many votes we're honestly expecting to get on every battle from non-MCs.
I am voting and Im a non-MC. Though to be fair, was going to enter into the competition (having not battle rapped before). Got half way through my hype track and suddenly realised my shoutouts were shat out by a posh twat on tampax and my rapping was just crapping on all the MCs clabtrapping. That was when I gave up and decided to just vote instead.

but this just gave me madder respect for all the effort that goes into it. Some dope tracks coming out and us non-rappers do appreciate the time you put into it.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-15 23:49:06

At 2 hours ago, tvJohnny wrote: Caught you slipping, Scuare.

Pic related > Me and Scuare at tvJohnny's Jewelry Emporium in Tulsa.

hahaha that's hilarious but that's not me. It is a pic from my facebook. Douchebag pic swap at some point. But seriously seeing that on here both shocked my and made me bust out laughing.

... awww :(

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 00:10:45

• Letter To The Past
    Letter To The Past by ThisIsAnEmergency

Battle between myself.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

THIS PIECE OF POO SHOULD SUFFICE FOR THE TIME BEING. WORKING ON ME LAST VERSE FOR RAV.

BBS Signature