Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:51:56

At 2 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
And to the people who claim they "can't understand" me? You need to shut the fuck up and try paying more attention to both emcees who are battling. It's not that I'm incomprehensible, it's that you can't be bothered to actually listen.

After reading this, I can see a new perspective. I'm glad my vote doesn't count, cuz Rampant has a point. Blest was using an Eminem '95 flow right down to the triplets. Part of the appeal is that it's comfortable.

I think though, that Blest still wins because he has mastered his style more. I went back and listened to the punches. I actually got a lot of em, the standout being the Rick Santorum pro life reversal thing. But it was like you were rushing to get every word in. The lines controlled you, you didn't control the lines. I wanna feel like you KNOW exactly where every syllable is going. Kind of like The Streets. He's all over the place, but I can relax when I listen to him cuz he sounds confident in every syllable.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:52:53

I have been growing the voters list to bring in valid voters. When battles are near decision time I generally send messages out to people who have left good impartial decisions in the past and request that they judge the battle. If I see unfair voting I will bring more voters in to balance it. I look through every single vote and only count legitimate votes. If someone is being a trollish bum I probably won't count the vote. I'm also trying to get people outside of our comp to vote, and will bug people like MadFLeX, Self, and Cynic to vote as they are both solid battle rappers and not involved with the current comp.

I don't have a limited number of judges though, because when I do they often don't vote on everything and I have to chase them around for a review that might never come in. The attention the battles are getting right now is fantastic though, I mean one track can get 7 pages of reviews in a day or two. Large amounts of votes will water down biased votes.

Eventually I would like a system where votes have a weight, determined by various metrics like # of battles successfully judged in the past. Your vote may weigh less if you were voting on a friend's battle, etc. I have to program that system though, so it's not happening in this comp.

I count the votes of knocked out MCs because despite a few sour grapes the decisions are generally well thought out and impartial. Look at last year's battles, I was really impressed with how knocked out MCs judged the final rounds.

Yesh... In conclusion, I take the fairness of battle decisions very seriously. If I question the validity of votes on a battle I'm going to bring a few people I respect in to vote on them.

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:56:51

At 2 minutes ago, Scuare wrote: Both MCs can record shoutouts at the beginning of the track before the beat starts. Keep it respectful, the intro is a place to drop names and that's it. Keep the disses to your verse.

Unclear

To clarify the rule: battlers have a 16 bar verse and that's where the battle goes. I don't want clever lines, rhymes, anything like that in the intros because if you're battling it should count towards your 16. It's not a rule I will ever DQ for, it's something I let voters take into consideration when making their decision.

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:58:55

At 36 minutes ago, R-avenger wrote: If I DID want plenty of easy wins, as you said, I could just use my Twitter or SoundCloud followers for it.

No, you could not. I would be on that in a heartbeat.

BBS Signature
SoundGoodizer
SoundGoodizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:07:34

At 9 minutes ago, BigRed wrote:
To clarify the rule: battlers have a 16 bar verse and that's where the battle goes. I don't want clever lines, rhymes, anything like that in the intros because if you're battling it should count towards your 16. It's not a rule I will ever DQ for, it's something I let voters take into consideration when making their decision.

>red explains his rule
>rule then has no purpose for existence
>rule not meant to be followed/has no consequences

then why the fuck does it even exist lol.

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:08:30

Also, check out this texas MC I just stumbled on:

http://supplementalfriend.bandcamp.com/album/crush-texas

BBS Signature
SoundGoodizer
SoundGoodizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:14:02

At 5 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: Also, check out this texas MC I just stumbled on:

he sucks ass. and should feel bad for sucking his ass.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:23:08

At 12 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: Also, check out this texas MC I just stumbled on:

Not impressed. He has the same "rhyme every 2nd syllable" flow, with the punch in every 4 fucking bars. Goddammit it's like every MC reads the same "how to sound just like I shoulda been on Rawkus Records 101" book.

STOP RHYMING EVERY FUCKING SYLLABLE FOR NO GODDAMN REASON, AND STOP PUNCHING IN EVERY 4 GODDAMN BARS.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:26:02

At 1 minute ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: then why the fuck does it even exist lol.

A voter could dock significant points for not following rules like that and I would be fine with it. It's just not the kind of thing I can manually enforce. Yet.

Plus it clearly shows me that you didn't bother to read the rules.

BBS Signature
SoundGoodizer
SoundGoodizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:33:07

At 6 minutes ago, BigRed wrote:
At 1 minute ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: then why the fuck does it even exist lol.
A voter could dock significant points for not following rules like that and I would be fine with it. It's just not the kind of thing I can manually enforce. Yet.

Plus it clearly shows me that you didn't bother to read the rules.

well I read them after the fact....:p

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:35:05

• CLAB - BSerious vs Scorch
    CLAB - BSerious vs Scorch by BigRed

CLABTRAP Competition 2012 - Sc0rChP0KnEe vs B Serious

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:38:11

At 2 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/476680

Thank you Red. I'have been impatiently waiting for the Skorch battle. Thank you. I love Skorch.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:59:11

At 1 hour ago, BigRed wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Scuare wrote: Both MCs can record shoutouts at the beginning of the track before the beat starts. Keep it respectful, the intro is a place to drop names and that's it. Keep the disses to your verse.

Unclear

i guess reading the rule originally i wouldn't have thought that talkin shit on the spaces between the verses was breaking the rules cause it only says intro. That's why i thought it was unclear

... awww :(

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 19:05:52

At 3 minutes ago, Scuare wrote: i guess reading the rule originally i wouldn't have thought that talkin shit on the spaces between the verses was breaking the rules cause it only says intro. That's why i thought it was unclear

Word, that's valid. I'll change it to reflect that.

I might also split things up into "rules" and "battle guidelines", where rules are things I DQ for and guidelines are thing voters should think about.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 20:02:38

Who in the FUCK, clicked Mickey Mao's review of my battle as "helpful"???

Hahaha holy shit.

PIGPEN AND MAVERICK- HURRY THE FUCK UP. I need to know who I'll be "battling" next.

Sc0rChP0KnEe
Sc0rChP0KnEe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 20:22:55

At 1 hour ago, Teqneek wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/476680
Thank you Red. I'have been impatiently waiting for the Skorch battle. Thank you. I love Skorch.

<3 you too.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 20:29:14

At 26 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: Who in the FUCK, clicked Mickey Mao's review of my battle as "helpful"???

Hahaha holy shit.

PIGPEN AND MAVERICK- HURRY THE FUCK UP. I need to know who I'll be "battling" next.

Probably Lil C.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 20:29:40

At 24 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: PIGPEN AND MAVERICK- HURRY THE FUCK UP. I need to know who I'll be "battling" next.

Why are YOU mad when im the one who has to wait? Isnt his 3 days up Red, he get an extension or something?

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 20:58:21

At 16 minutes ago, PiGPEN wrote:
At 24 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: PIGPEN AND MAVERICK- HURRY THE FUCK UP. I need to know who I'll be "battling" next.
Why are YOU mad when im the one who has to wait? Isnt his 3 days up Red, he get an extension or something?

I sounded like a pompous ass in my comment, sorry. But yeah, hurry up Mav, for serious. Here is something to look at while we wait.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 22:34:08

• CLAB - rezzy vs breaker
    CLAB - rezzy vs breaker by BigRed

CLABTRAP Competition 2012 - rezzytip vs soundbreaker

Score
    4.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 23:59:59

At 5 hours ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I think though, that Blest still wins because he has mastered his style more. I went back and listened to the punches. I actually got a lot of em, the standout being the Rick Santorum pro life reversal thing. But it was like you were rushing to get every word in. The lines controlled you, you didn't control the lines. I wanna feel like you KNOW exactly where every syllable is going. Kind of like The Streets. He's all over the place, but I can relax when I listen to him cuz he sounds confident in every syllable.

I appreciate your honesty, and I respect your comment because you're actually telling me what you don't like it (and why) and also - and most importantly - how you think I could improve in the future.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 00:44:37

Red you need to fill out Credit&Roles on these tracks. Or better yet make people on them Managers rather than Contributors so they can do that AND are able to respond to reviews.

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 04:48:09

At 3 hours ago, PiGPEN wrote: Red you need to fill out Credit&Roles on these tracks. Or better yet make people on them Managers rather than Contributors so they can do that AND are able to respond to reviews.

I put Tuba and Oboe then got tired of it. It's really not hard to do, the names just didn't match up with the titles I would give. I mean, I can credit you guys as "Vocals" if it matters, that's the most relevant one. And I'm really not interested in MCs replying to reviews.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 07:25:21

At 2 hours ago, BigRed wrote: I put Tuba and Oboe then got tired of it. It's really not hard to do, the names just didn't match up with the titles I would give. I mean, I can credit you guys as "Vocals" if it matters, that's the most relevant one. And I'm really not interested in MCs replying to reviews.

Yeah MC's as Vocals and Producers as Production obviously. Your dumb-ass can be Misc or Cowbell.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 09:41:51

At 54 minutes ago, R-avenger wrote: Btw, PigPen, you need to come on Skype some time this weekend. I have a few questions about é>»è»Sãf©ã'¤ãfEUãf¼ and [especially] Troll Game that I want to ask. :D

Sure, people sleeping so i cant skypetalk now but skypetext or AIM me.

BBS Signature
exstatification
exstatification
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 13:57:53

So what's this shit about Smorg calling me his alt? I like to think I'm at least DECENT...

They say I've lost my marbles
But I got these beats
Bangin' out the back of my toy car

Gambitandshit
Gambitandshit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 14:58:44

I love waiting 3+ days for a single verse

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 15:43:22

Wow, so a recurring theme in the reviews for me vs FB is that we should both lose. I think maybe we should have taken some more time over our verses...

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 16:03:35

At 13 minutes ago, AxTekk wrote: Wow, so a recurring theme in the reviews for me vs FB is that we should both lose. I think maybe we should have taken some more time over our verses...

Well I personally thought you had good lyrics, so I don't know if more time would've made a difference. I think the bigger issue is simply that some people don't like British accents in hip hop, and other people just like being dickheads. I respect the effort both of you put in on that track, and you're definitely going to improve as time goes on.

Side Note #373- Okay so I'd just like to be in the loop on the issue of Pig v. Mav, since it directly affects my next battle. Is Maverick disqualified now, or is he being given more time?

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-17 16:27:31

At 9 hours ago, PiGPEN wrote: Yeah MC's as Vocals and Producers as Production obviously. Your dumb-ass can be Misc or Cowbell.

Credits are done. Your wisecrack has been noted.

BBS Signature