Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

  • 172,305 Views
  • 3,871 Replies
New Topic
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

At 6/4/12 09:29 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
Nah, I'm like his only fan lmao. GQ losing to SJD debunked that whole dickriding theory anyway, so now there are really NO excuses. I'm cool with all of yall anyway, except that fag SJD. I still hate em. :P

I beat your face.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

At 6/4/12 10:10 PM, Teqneek wrote:
It's all good man, I just don't think it'll be as easy of a victory for MadFlex as you think it'll be. My verse is done now, and hopefully I can get it recorded after this basketball game is over.

Regardless of what the outcome is, I'm fucking excited as hell for you guys to hear what I have in store. And this beat is what a battle beat should be, so it's going to be an all-around dope ass track.

Now I'm looking forward to it even more, since you're actually putting your heart into it. I was watching the game too. It don't matter who wins cuz Heat is gonna smash either one of them. :D

DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

At 6/4/12 10:10 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 6/4/12 10:04 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
At 6/4/12 06:44 PM, Teqneek wrote:

Burford
http://www.facebook.com/joel.burford

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

At 6/4/12 10:25 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
At 6/4/12 10:10 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 6/4/12 10:04 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
At 6/4/12 06:44 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Burford
http://www.facebook.com/joel.burford

It says "this content currently unavailable". I don't have a facebook account so that may be why I can't see it. Who is this Joel Burford who stalks me and gives me nightmares? Do you know his secret identity?

DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

At 6/4/12 10:53 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 6/4/12 10:25 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
At 6/4/12 10:10 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 6/4/12 10:04 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
At 6/4/12 06:44 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Burford
http://www.facebook.com/joel.burford
It says "this content currently unavailable". I don't have a facebook account so that may be why I can't see it. Who is this Joel Burford who stalks me and gives me nightmares? Do you know his secret identity?

I remember you were ranting about him and he just joined HDC's FB page. Lol I just clicked and dragged his profile photo to my desktop, so you can see.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

At 6/4/12 11:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: That truly is the face of evil.

I would be scared too. Now you know who to look out for when you're out at night. I think he's a troll though cuz the only info he has is "McGill, Armand Hammer United World College"????????????
SN: Who the fuck doesn't have an FB?! You living under a rock son!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

At 6/4/12 11:05 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
SN: Who the fuck doesn't have an FB?! You living under a rock son!

That invasion of privacy shit pisses me off. All my good friends and family know how to get a hold of me, and I'm not really worried about what ex-girlfriends and old crackhead ass friends are up to these days.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

I'm jumpin in da boof! Wish me luck fuckers!

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 03:53 AM

  • Wyze - I Am Crazy ft SJD
    Wyze - I Am Crazy ft SJD by Wyze-Stingray

    Lyrical dopeness

    Score
    3.73 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    18 Views

SJD and I. Figured I'd post this while we're all posting tracks we're doing with SJD.


~Mike~

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM

At 6/5/12 03:53 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/488806
SJD and I. Figured I'd post this while we're all posting tracks we're doing with SJD.

I definitely approve the above message.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM

Yo Flex I sent my verse to Axtekk (actually to his AKSKMIORRGDSR alt) last night because I'm da bess mayne. Ready to hear this battle!

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM

At 6/5/12 03:54 PM, Teqneek wrote: Yo Flex I sent my verse to Axtekk (actually to his AKSKMIORRGDSR alt) last night because I'm da bess mayne. Ready to hear this battle!

So ready for this. I'm actually holding off on uploading a song to give this battle (and the Wyze shit) more elbow room. This shit is gonna be sick.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM

At 6/5/12 03:54 PM, Teqneek wrote: Yo Flex I sent my verse to Axtekk (actually to his AKSKMIORRGDSR alt) last night because I'm da bess mayne. Ready to hear this battle!

My verse is done, but I went to record it only to remember I had to reinstall protools on a replaced computer, so I'm gonna have to take the third day.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

So I know this is a little off-topic, but on the subject of battle rap in general: The Canibus vs. Dizaster battle is coming up. Any predictions?

My money is on Diz, just thought I'd ask on here while I was bored. lol

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

At 6/5/12 10:12 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: So I know this is a little off-topic, but on the subject of battle rap in general: The Canibus vs. Dizaster battle is coming up. Any predictions?

My money is on Diz, just thought I'd ask on here while I was bored. lol

So is it a freestyle battle or are these written? Just saying 'cuz I always thought those were all freestyle battles until you pointed out otherwise. And since I don't really follow battle rapping, I've never heard of Dizaster but I know Canibus goes pretty hard.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

At 6/5/12 10:56 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 6/5/12 10:12 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: So I know this is a little off-topic, but on the subject of battle rap in general: The Canibus vs. Dizaster battle is coming up. Any predictions?

My money is on Diz, just thought I'd ask on here while I was

I'd be shocked if Diz didn't win. Looking real forward to Illmac/Arsonal.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

At 6/5/12 10:56 PM, Teqneek wrote:
So is it a freestyle battle or are these written?

Written battles with improvisation. They're like 70-30 written.

Madflex says something about arsonal and illmac

^THIS. Definitely gonna be a good one

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

At 6/5/12 10:12 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: So I know this is a little off-topic, but on the subject of battle rap in general: The Canibus vs. Dizaster battle is coming up. Any predictions?

I have no opinion on this matter, but I have to say that "Illmaculate" rivals "Flojay Simpson" and "Swagzilla" for a rapper name. It also sounds completely ridiculous.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

At 6/6/12 12:37 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
I have no opinion on this matter, but I have to say that "Illmaculate" rivals "Flojay Simpson" and "Swagzilla" for a rapper name. It also sounds completely ridiculous.

NOBODY rivals Flojay Simpson.

Man it's a shame your battle with Suddle never happened. Did he even do a first verse? If so, you should post that shit up here anyway because I'm curious to see how it went down. Maybe you scurred his ass out of battling and he's hiding in the Ozarks somewhere because of the emotional scarring.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 01:03 AM

At 5/21/12 01:33 AM, SoundGoodizer wrote: I'm killing rampant music he fucked up challenging me.

I guess he was halfway right.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 01:14 AM

At 6/6/12 12:57 AM, Teqneek wrote: Stuff

Check your inbox, beyotch.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 01:15 AM

Dizaster
Illmaculate
Pass
DNA
Thesaurus
Bender
Uno Lavoz

What battles am I missing?


~Mike~

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 01:18 AM

It's battle central again.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM

At 6/6/12 12:27 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 6/5/12 10:56 PM, Teqneek wrote:
So is it a freestyle battle or are these written?
Written battles with improvisation. They're like 70-30 written.

Madflex says something about arsonal and illmac
^THIS. Definitely gonna be a good one

yeah...i was disappointed the pesci/ t-rex battle fell through though, woulda been a fun one to catch too. in more detail, in face to face rap battles, showmanship reigns supreme over lyricism because you're trying to entertain a crowd. diz is such a commanding presence and he's lyrical...the only way i think he loses is if the gravity of the situation freaks him out.

in other news, my last 2 KOTD opponents mentioned Newgrounds, so that will be fun when the footage drops. They had me judge some of the battles at the last event, including Caustic/New'L for the KOTD Grand Prix, so my judging debut on camera will be on Friday. woooord.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 03:02 AM

At 6/6/12 01:26 AM, MadFLeX wrote:
in other news, my last 2 KOTD opponents mentioned Newgrounds, so that will be fun when the footage drops. They had me judge some of the battles at the last event, including Caustic/New'L for the KOTD Grand Prix, so my judging debut on camera will be on Friday. woooord.

Any of your battles online yet?


~Mike~

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

At 6/6/12 01:26 AM, MadFLeX wrote:
At 6/6/12 12:27 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 6/5/12 10:56 PM, Teqneek wrote:
So is it a freestyle battle or are these written?
Written battles with improvisation. They're like 70-30 written.

Madflex says something about arsonal and illmac
^THIS. Definitely gonna be a good one
yeah...i was disappointed the pesci/ t-rex battle fell through though, woulda been a fun one to catch too. in more detail, in face to face rap battles, showmanship reigns supreme over lyricism because you're trying to entertain a crowd. diz is such a commanding presence and he's lyrical...the only way i think he loses is if the gravity of the situation freaks him out.

in other news, my last 2 KOTD opponents mentioned Newgrounds, so that will be fun when the footage drops. They had me judge some of the battles at the last event, including Caustic/New'L for the KOTD Grand Prix, so my judging debut on camera will be on Friday. woooord.

Diz is by far my favorite in the league right now. (I also really like Illmaculate and Rhetoric Ramirez)

Also, I'm with Wyze. I've been itching to see any of your live battles. They need to post those up! And that's dope about the judging thing. Cool to see you're getting more and more involved in it.
And yeah, I would have loved to see t Rex and Pesci square off face to face. I hate when T-Rex talks during the other guy's verse all the time though, lmao

MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

At 6/6/12 10:16 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
Diz is by far my favorite in the league right now. (I also really like Illmaculate and Rhetoric Ramirez)

Also, I'm with Wyze. I've been itching to see any of your live battles. They need to post those up! And that's dope about the judging thing. Cool to see you're getting more and more involved in it.
And yeah, I would have loved to see t Rex and Pesci square off face to face. I hate when T-Rex talks during the other guy's verse all the time though, lmao

lol yeah, both t rex and pesci are characters.
Right now, a lot of the Fresh Coasters are committed to Vendetta. There are about 40 battles that haven't been dropped from the last 3 events because each one has to be edited, so they really respond to twitter demand. The best thing to do is send @christian818_ (with the underscore at the end) a tweet saying you want to see a @madflexhiphop battle.

It was a strange transition to go to a three round written battle format, it's a different beast to tame. i didn't bring water to my first battle and it got to the point in the third round where my mouth almost couldn't say certain words because of the cotton mouth. lesson learned. little things like that. bill, i think you'd make the transition to live battles really well. you should consider it!

i got to hang with diz at my first battle and the dude is cool as hell. super supportive and brutally honest. i saw the rhetoric battle against aveldomain back in the day when he read his whole battle off his phone. haha are there better ones to catch?

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

At 6/6/12 11:45 AM, MadFLeX wrote: send @christian818_ (with the underscore at the end) a tweet saying you want to see a @madflexhiphop battle.

I just Tweeted this, and I encourage everybody else in here toACTUALLY DO IT, too, and not just nod our heads in agreement. If we don't support each other, no one will.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature