New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 02:14 AM Reply

I spent a week getting used to the sensitivity and feel of the mouse and just as I am finally starting to get to grips with the thing it dies.

I've played BF3 with a cheap, little razor mouse for about 230 hours; Getting used to the new mouse was not fun. So now I have to once again get used to a new setup. I'm super pissed; I thought the mouse was perfect for what I was looking for.

Anyway, what mouse would you guys recommended? The R.A.T 9 looks pretty awesome but it's way to expensive.

For what it's worth I did feel I noticeable difference once I got used to the mouse. Please don't make this a "Gaming mouses are overrated" thread.

Relevant

Mouse specs

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, TheColourAwsome wrote: Anyway, what mouse would you guys recommended? The R.A.T 9 looks pretty awesome but it's way to expensive.

Get the R.A.T. 7 instead. It's half the price the R.A.T. 9 is and, in my opinion, better. (You should never use a wireless mouse for gaming, imo)

If that's still too expensive, I've heard this mouse is pretty good. It's really cheap and they apparently last a really long time. (As in 5+ years)

Also, I use the R.A.T. 7. It's great, but it's a bit overpriced honestly. It's really comfortable, considering you can adjust every thing so it fits your hand perfectly, but most people probably won't use most of the the features.
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 02:43 AM Reply

Get the R.A.T. 7 instead. It's half the price the R.A.T. 9 is and, in my opinion, better. (You should never use a wireless mouse for gaming, imo)

$100 is a tad pricey but it's defiantly a contender. Also, I just assumed the R.A.T 9 came wired or wireless. Thanks.

If that's still too expensive, I've heard this mouse is pretty good. It's really cheap and they apparently last a really long time. (As in 5+ years)

It's a tad cheap. I've been looking at the G9x and the specs are good. I've also heard great things.

Also, I use the R.A.T. 7. It's great, but it's a bit overpriced honestly. It's really comfortable, considering you can adjust every thing so it fits your hand perfectly, but most people probably won't use most of the the features.

One of the things that drew me to the mouse a long time ago. I'm pretty picky when I comes to mice (as you can probably tell) so it sounds pretty amazing.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 09:48 AM Reply

Razer mice are good. Did you get the abbuysus? That is only intended for very gentle usage, you know. If anything for performance get the 2012 Imperator. It's a dream.

And put my APM on Starcraft up by like 30

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 09:54 AM Reply

If it died after just one week, surly it's covered by some kind of warranty? Assuming it didn't die because you threw it against the wall in a fit of rage.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 09:57 AM Reply

At 6 hours ago, TheColourAwsome wrote:
It's a tad cheap. I've been looking at the G9x and the specs are good. I've also heard great things.

Cheap in no way means bad, I have a G400 and its amazing. I've only had mine for about 2 or 3 months, and during that it's essentially at least a 6hr a day usage on week days. Some days it goes up a lot more, to about 12hrs, and it still works perfectly through the whole time. I did a bit of math, and it's had at least a 200hr total time usage so far or something, probably a lot more.

It's also got been in quite a few "Top Gaming Mice" things, I dont remember how many but it ended up around 3rd in most of them, and was almost always the cheapest on the list. But only if lists mean anything to you, some people dont think they're good ways to gather information, I do but still.

But its your choice and stuff, I'd recommend the G400, and the only other mouses I've used have been cheap ones, aside from a £120 wireless one whose name escapes me at the moment. I'd say they were both equal.

Also the R.A.T. 7 looks like a transformer. A dodgy one.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Gaming mouse died after a week Feb. 18th, 2012 @ 12:46 AM Reply

Sorry for the late replies.

Razer mice are good. Did you get the abbuysus?

I believe so.

If it died after just one week, surly it's covered by some kind of warranty? Assuming it didn't die because you threw it against the wall in a fit of rage.

Nope. Just dun stuffed up. Aperantly a lot of people are having this problem and as far as I know there is currently no fix.

Cheap in no way means bad, I have a G400 and its amazing. I've only had mine for about 2 or 3 months, and during that it's essentially at least a 6hr a day usage on week days. Some days it goes up a lot more, to about 12hrs, and it still works perfectly through the whole time. I did a bit of math, and it's had at least a 200hr total time usage so far or something, probably a lot more.

Nothing agianst the thing. I just like the look and specs of the G9x a lot more.

Also the R.A.T. 7 looks like a transformer. A dodgy one.

Yeah. It is a bit gimmiky. I've heard it feels a little like a toy too.

BBS Signature