New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:01 PM Reply

This where my artworks go that I do you can also see them on deviantart under gothiclolitaangel.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

Here a picture of one my characters from my future fighting game WWFT.
Ren Chung
Nationality: Chinese-American
A young and beautiful Chinese girl who charms the hearts of other women a skilled martial artist.
Enters the tournament for glory and fame.

Hurumi's Art thread

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

This is Miyuki's Palette Set from my future fighting game WWFT(Worldwide Women Fighting Tournament).

Hurumi's Art thread

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 32 minutes ago, Hurumi wrote: Here a picture of one my characters from my future fighting game WWFT.
Ren Chung
A young and beautiful Chinese girl who charms the hearts of other women a skilled martial artist.

O'm not to sure where to start with this. Anatomy and basics. You should start with the basics. It looks very stiff and flat. I do like how you tried to show us multiple perspectives. The biggest thing I can say is practice.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 17 minutes ago, MajesticBob wrote:
At 32 minutes ago, Hurumi wrote: Here a picture of one my characters from my future fighting game WWFT.
Ren Chung

Thanks for your comment.

DemonRose171717
DemonRose171717
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

Well, i don't actually think you need this but... why not, for example, look at your own hands, breast and other parts of body. Sometimes overseeing everything closely helps. And, of course, you always can draw a wooden marionette at first and then just edit its surface and dress it up ^_~ Anyway, i just think that a nice idea shall not die, so yah, practice, and i'll be looking forward to seeing the results!

DarkRose, number XVII

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

the designs are great i really like the girlish charm however the posing and anatomy are a bit awkward for my tastes

well anyway ill leave you with this, don't count on me colouring it or cleaning it up because ive got alot to do soon

Hurumi's Art thread

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 4 days ago, M-Maher wrote: the designs are great i really like the girlish charm however the posing and anatomy are a bit awkward for my tastes

well anyway ill leave you with this, don't count on me colouring it or cleaning it up because ive got alot to do soon

Thank you for the drawing yes and I'm trying to get better.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

This is a cover I'm working for my manga The All Mighty Cat Girl Squad.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Edit: had to reupload the file to show.

Hurumi's Art thread

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

If you're below 13 never stop drawing.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 20 hours ago, Asperchu wrote: If you're below 13 never stop drawing.

Well I'm over 13 but I have been drawing since then in MS

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

practice makes perfect

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

On the coloring part of my manga cover and I'm trying to follow the color wheel in terms of the colors I'm using. I don't own the background.

Hurumi's Art thread

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 9 days ago, Hurumi wrote: On the coloring part of my manga cover and I'm trying to follow the color wheel in terms of the colors I'm using. I don't own the background.

bump to put this thread up

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 10:00 AM Reply

At 1 month ago, Hurumi wrote: Here a picture of one my characters from my future fighting game WWFT.
Ren Chung

This was actually notbad, kinda cute if you ask me, maybe you should make it on a larger scale though, its pretty good though.

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 10:10 AM Reply

At 9 minutes ago, XwaynecoltX wrote: This was actually notbad, kinda cute if you ask me, maybe you should make it on a larger scale though, its pretty good though.

Is there anything that you don't find good? Or do you just like jerking off everyone?

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 12:09 AM Reply

You mean he said this same thing to other people?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 24 minutes ago, Hurumi wrote: You mean he said this same thing to other people?

Wayne has the distinct ability of complimenting everything he sees, regardless of whether it's good or whether it's shit.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 53 minutes ago, Hurumi wrote: You mean he said this same thing to other people?

Unfortunately, yes, my dear.
Please, don't cry. He was a jerk. He didn't deserve you.
You are special and there are more people that will come along, and you shouldn't be upset over this one.
It will all be okay, sweetie. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but a broken heart heals over time <3

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

Unfortunately, yes, my dear.
Please, don't cry. He was a jerk. He didn't deserve you.
You are special and there are more people that will come along, and you shouldn't be upset over this one.
It will all be okay, sweetie. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but a broken heart heals over time <3

I'm not sad I'm surprised that he would just comments for post count and not care about the artwork. I wish though people would be seriously comment and how they feel about not just to boost up there post count.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 12:05 AM Reply

This is a piece that for my profoilo to get into the art program this fall in my college. 10 of the pieces have to be observational this one of them. The other 10 can be my own work so please tell how I can color to make show how much I wanna get in the program. I have been using a round brush. Note I use paint tool sai. But I have elements and Color Pro.

Hurumi's Art thread

Vonschlippe
Vonschlippe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Hurumi wrote: This is a piece that for my profoilo to get into the art program this fall in my college. 10 of the pieces have to be observational this one of them. The other 10 can be my own work so please tell how I can color to make show how much I wanna get in the program. I have been using a round brush. Note I use paint tool sai. But I have elements and Color Pro.

I'm sorry to say this is simply not good enough to start with. I'm not sure what it is. Might as well keep trying, but I have serious reservations on the idea that you will have a college level portfolio by this fall.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Hurumi wrote: This is a piece that for my profoilo to get into the art program this fall in my college. 10 of the pieces have to be observational this one of them.

It's neat as an example of your facility for abstraction, but shows no understanding of perspective or an ability to recreate scenes from life faithfully. I recommend you study both perspective, shading, and do a bunch of still lives and drawings from life for practice. Play around with media, and have fun. Best of luck.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 2 days ago, lovingthedark wrote:
It's neat as an example of your facility for abstraction, but shows no understanding of perspective or an ability to recreate scenes from life faithfully. I recommend you study both perspective, shading, and do a bunch of still lives and drawings from life for practice. Play around with media, and have fun. Best of luck.

Will take into looking thanks.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 07:31 AM Reply

I love having a gander at your art every so often since you're in your infancy of drawing, you always have room to grow as an artist and that means you've got alot of potential to get better, a cool thing you could do is to draw one thing one month then draw it again the next to get a good idea how far you come and continue to do that until you're satisfied with your skills as an artist.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 3 days ago, Hurumi wrote: This is a piece that for my profoilo to get into the art program this fall in my college.

You got accepted to art college??

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 11:54 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Kashi wrote:
At 3 days ago, Hurumi wrote: This is a piece that for my profoilo to get into the art program this fall in my college.

Generally, you'll have to submit a portfolio as part of your application. Notice Harumi said to "get into the art program", not "for my art program". Harumi, as for your observational skills, really work on them. I'm having the same sort of issues, so I know it's frustrating, but just really look at what you're drawing and for you specifically, use a smaller line. The thickness you're using seems to be preventing you from capturing as much detail.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:17 AM Reply

At 17 hours ago, Kashi wrote:

Nope I'm preparing to try to get into the art program at my college. I'm now ready jump straight into my major since I took all the general education classes I needed.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hurumi's Art thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:21 AM Reply

The thickness you're using seems to be preventing you from capturing as much detail.

I guess I will use a smaller line amount. For this I used 3 px I guess maybe 1