Be a Supporter!
Pieguy360
Pieguy360
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Can I use this? Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

Right now I'm on youtube making crap, us Anime Studio 8. I'm not sure about that. I earler tried to use Flash but failed. Is there any alternatives to use?

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 22 minutes ago, Pieguy360 wrote: Right now I'm on youtube making crap, us Anime Studio 8. I'm not sure about that. I earler tried to use Flash but failed. Is there any alternatives to use?

use imagination

ama gon chill

Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 01:45 AM Reply

There are alternatives ( toonboom, etc. ), but I strongly believe you should learn Flash. In my opinion out of all the programs I have used to animate, Flash was by far the easiest to work with. Once you get the hang of using Flash it is rather easy to use.

BBS Signature
Pieguy360
Pieguy360
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 15 hours ago, Zachary wrote: There are alternatives ( toonboom, etc. ), but I strongly believe you should learn Flash. In my opinion out of all the programs I have used to animate, Flash was by far the easiest to work with. Once you get the hang of using Flash it is rather easy to use.

Thanks, But i'm also worried about cost, but I have heard about Toonboom.

leocartoon1
leocartoon1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 01:07 PM Reply

Toon Boom is pretty good, although you must be used to the way that traditional animations are done.

Most people go ahead and try the software without knowing how the entire system for making animations worked back then. So they end up frustrated and go to Flash because it's easier.
Flash is good too but it's lacking several useful things and Toon Boom has tons of other useful things for 2D animators.

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 01:11 PM Reply

GIMP - its free and its all you{ll ever need

ama gon chill

DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 11 minutes ago, Sacros wrote: GIMP - its free and its all you{ll ever need

sacros, you continuously tell people to go with gimp, but I don't see you using it, in your perspective walk was that not done in flash?
I understand what you're saying about big coorporations, but gimp is hardly as good as flash or toon boom for animating is it?
instead of telling people to use gimp, tell them to work traditionally and use monkeyjam, and maybe colour in GIMP.

BBS Signature
leocartoon1
leocartoon1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 26 minutes ago, DillonBrannick wrote:
sacros, you continuously tell people to go with gimp, but I don't see you using it, in your perspective walk was that not done in flash?
I understand what you're saying about big coorporations, but gimp is hardly as good as flash or toon boom for animating is it?
instead of telling people to use gimp, tell them to work traditionally and use monkeyjam, and maybe colour in GIMP.

And for a totally digital approach, just use GIMP for both lines and colors and Monkeyjam for shooting everything then maybe other program for compositing.

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

cool, i didnt know monkeyjam existed, ama gon try that

as for GIMP, im not using it yet but im not really using flash either as i dont really have time for shit...
but i AM learning GIMP, also i have dual boot with linux and i intend on going full open source

regardless of my position on propietary software, i belive as a community we shouldnt point the new guys to go buy anything, really

also please dont speak as if i was a soviet russian supporter or something, im just a guy who think shit is wrong everywhere and needs some sensible changing and i think you can relate...see what you did, you forced me into a serious post

ama gon chill

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Can I use this? Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 2 days ago, DillonBrannick wrote:
sacros, you continuously tell people to go with gimp, but I don't see you using it you hypocrite fuck
you communist retard, imperialism rules
Gimp sucks balls and flash is the only way to live and im going to fuck you up and yo mom mothafucka
you worthless sad fuck, you poor escuse of a man i will destroy everything you hold dear

sorry man, to prove my point here is a completely open source animation made in GIMP with swfTools for the preloader so you dont necesarily need flash IDE nor buy any thing

dont judge the dancing monkey animation itself though, i made it in 20 minutes or less just for proof

I hope this demonstrates my point and grants me your permission to continue advising people to use wonderful open source source software

ama gon chill