New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mix101
Mix101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Hi I am new here so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place.

I am currently mixing the sound on an urban vampire film set in London and i looking for either a drum and bass or dubstep song to use for a chase scene in the film. The film is low budget so I am unable to offer any money but you will of course be in the credits.

Thanks

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

Now this may just be my opinion... but...

Why is it that everyone that comes to these forums looking for music for something outside newgrounds assumes musicians don't need to pay for food or rent?

Also, you didn't mention what this film is for, will it be commercial? Free? Highschool project? You should probably elaborate on that.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
sidewalkbanana
sidewalkbanana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 07:00 AM Reply

I would be willing to give it a shot. Still in school so just looking for crediting not money.

My music is mostly Remixes but i also do Composing.
http://tindeck.com/users/sidewalkba nana

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 10:48 AM Reply

How do you feel about these 3? They're all upbeat and like what you needed, and I can send you the full one if need be.

• [TF] Surround Me (DEMO)
    [TF] Surround Me (DEMO) by SpaceWhale

LET YOUR LOVE SURROUND ME

Score
    2.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • [TF] Love For You (DEMO)
    [TF] Love For You (DEMO) by SpaceWhale

HELLO

Score
    4.13 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • [tf] Up In The Air (demo)
    [tf] Up In The Air (demo) by SpaceWhale

Yoyoyo!

Score
    2.80 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Acrylia
Acrylia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Actually, I am currently working on a DnB song that has no direction, and if I was making it for someone, that would help tremendously for both of us. PM me if interested.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

• Narcoleptic Tragedy
    Narcoleptic Tragedy by Rahmemhotep

Badass

Score
    4.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Industrial
    Popularity

Choke on it.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/430751
Choke on it.

It is very clever to make a thread here in the forums asking for music... becuase artists will be quick to post their music with a passion for getting it used in the commercial world. I use to post my music all over these boards when people requested them. In all honesty, however, you really should PM the artist you want and discuss permissions on the track suggested.

I personally would recommend sending Landscapers1 a PM. He makes fantastic Drum n Bass music and could use the support. He hasn't made a track in a while, but with your help you could influence him to start making music again. This wouldn't only help you out, but it would help him out, and certainly help the community out.

Hope all goes well! If you want to use the song linked in this message, please make sure to get his permission. It is under CC licensing, and therefore is unlawful to use this without his consent.

boney-man
boney-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 11:45 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I personally would recommend sending Landscapers1 a PM. He makes fantastic Drum n Bass music and could use the support. He hasn't made a track in a while, but with your help you could influence him to start making music again. This wouldn't only help you out, but it would help him out, and certainly help the community out.

Ha... you know he left Newgrounds because he's signed right? He gets plenty of support :D

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

Ha... you know he left Newgrounds because he's signed right? He gets plenty of support :D

Thats totally fucking AWESOME. Well, im happy to hear that! He deserved it :)

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 7 days ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Now this may just be my opinion... but...

Why is it that everyone that comes to these forums looking for music for something outside newgrounds assumes musicians don't need to pay for food or rent?

Also, you didn't mention what this film is for, will it be commercial? Free? Highschool project? You should probably elaborate on that.

Well, that's also assuming that..

* all of us are in it for the money and not, say, expression or simply fun.
* that the guys who come on here asking for some music are any more professional than most of the people are on here.

I'm not saying a bit of $$ wouldn't be appreciated, cause I damn well know how it is to be empty. But keep the business to PM or something, cause there's plenty of people who have no issue with letting people use their already freely released /submitted work to gain some exposure. You want money, write out some demo material and do some networking in the filmscoring business. You'll find that most people started off supporting indie projects anyway.

He needs music, you have music. Why not show your work and discuss any potential business after that? At the very least, you'll earn yourself some decent exposure, which may lead to more promising and lucrative opportunities.

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

SomeGuyInSomePlace
SomeGuyInSomePlace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:37 PM Reply

Is there any specific deadline? I'd be willing to try (it'll probably suck, but it's worth a shot).

Psil0
Psil0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

• Graveyard Shift (Song)
    Graveyard Shift (Song) by Psil0

For those of us that are nocturnal

Score
    4.47 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

I'll just throw this up there. It's an old track of mine, so I don't really care whether it gets used for free or not.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Drum & Bass/Dubstep for chase scene Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

• Bass Murder
    Bass Murder by Quarl

bass murder

Score
    4.13 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • White Noise (robot Day)
    White Noise (robot Day) by Quarl

robots hate humans >:C

Score
    4.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • Automaton - RD2011
    Automaton - RD2011 by Quarl

robobobtobtbtbobobtobto

Score
    3.70 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • Quarl- Concubine
    Quarl- Concubine by Quarl

meh.

Score
    4.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity
  • Q- Shriek
    Q- Shriek by Quarl

trick bag

Score
    4.14 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • Quarl- Narcissism (WIP)
    Quarl- Narcissism (WIP) by Quarl

sakasdkasdk

Score
    4.43 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.