00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

souls.

3,329 Views | 43 Replies

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 18:38:06

I don't believe souls exist, because of the lack of evidence. There's no valid reason to believe a claim made without evidence. You'd think I was foolish if I told you Odin was watching over us, so it's the same with souls from my point of view.

At 13 hours ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 1 hour ago, FurryFox wrote: Bible pushers back off from this thread.
You want the opinions of NG, regarding souls. Except you don't want opinions from people that believe in an afterlife? You understand that the afterlife is what the overwhelming majority of people believe will happen to their souls when they die, right?

The overwhelming majority? Don't be so ignorant to make sweeping statements like that. The Internet isn't just for people in the USA, y'know.

In the UK where I come from, only 38% of people believe in a God. In the Netherlands it's 34%, and in Sweden, it's only 23%.
Newgrounds has a particularly diverse community. People outside America use it too, what a surprise!

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 19:07:16

I'm a ginger. I have no soul.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 19:23:07

Souls are a fourth-dimensional object held inside of our bodies by our circulation of food/waste/etc, like the magnetic field made from an atom spinning. Once one dies (and the circulations stop), the soul is no longer bound by the body and wanders as it was before being encapsulated, until it becomes held in place by another sufficient source.
The soul is undetectable due to it being made of matter that is only able to have a physical manifestation in the fourth dimension. When it enters a suitable host, the life it grants is essentially a complex chemical reaction.

Thanks to Charlie for the sig pic.

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 19:24:01

At 12 seconds ago, yurgenburgen wrote: GHOSTS on A CHOPPING BOARD.
AAAAAAARGRHGRHRGHHRGGHRGHRH

You know, if you and Ilssm died right now, you'd probably still be arguing about what form of afterlife you were in.

And imagining Wade saying all of these things with big googly lips is hilarious

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 19:28:05

The Nexus, where we will wait for eternity until a soulless wanderer arrives and puts the Old One back to sleep.

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 20:10:08

Its no use llssm, their arrogance blinds them.

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 20:29:36

Wherever you want to believe.

souls.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 20:34:58

At 2 minutes ago, Drake wrote: Wherever you want to believe.

Why would a toaster have two levers on opposite sides, its just doesn't make sense

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 21:10:15

Well there is a thing you must understand about souls, or rather our very consciousness. It is just like a very complex and organized system. The actual physical matter and make up of our brain of course rots, and the electrical energy (yes we all have a slight bit of electrical energy flowing through us) is released through other means. What that energy and physical material that make up your thoughts, your memories, your very own experiences as a human, can just vanish. It is a system, and same thing as a system, matter can be transformed and energy can be released into other forms outside of your body. But also like a system, it can stop. Your own thoughts are the result of that system, and when the system of the functions of your brain stops, then your own thoughts stop, your consciousness stops, your soul stops. When you die, it will be just like when you're born. You don't remember how that was, but when you die, you'll find out again (and judging by the average human life expectancy, that is unfortunately quite soon)

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-14 21:15:31

At 1 minute ago, Ilssm wrote:
Alright I'm done, I was pulling stuff out of my ass the entire time, lol trolling- ( I'm probably going to get hate from people who actually believe in ghosts, though )

Man... I just lost all my respect for you...

I thought I found another believer...

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to souls. 2012-02-15 08:58:49

At 11 hours ago, Ilssm wrote: Alright I'm done, I was pulling stuff out of my ass the entire time, lol trolling

Fun fact: the original "troll face" comic was made just for liars like you!

Step one: User posts their stupid uneducated opinion
Step two: User gets rightly called out on their idiocy
Step three: User pretends they were "just trolling", because pretending to be an idiot is supposedly less shameful than actually being one.
Except they were never pretending, and they're just idiots who have lost even more dignity. Ha-ha! Well done.

souls.

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-02-15 10:32:18

We all go to an island where we become super-hot and grow rediculous Libido's and have hot steamy sex with each other for all eternity....
And that is the sum of me as an optimist

Response to souls. 2012-03-06 14:45:53

When you die you become a gummy forced forevermore to be squished by a pro wrestler and reincarnated THEN KILLED AGAIN

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to souls. 2012-03-06 14:53:01

Good question, one that can only be resolved by empirical testing. Be right back.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature