Be a Supporter!
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Being religeous, I'd say heaven or hell, but for the sake of the thread...

I think it'd be tits if we went to a spiritual form of this world, but 100% better, because you can't die again.


|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
TotalN
TotalN
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:05 PM Reply

Setting aside my religious views, I don't think really anything happens when we die. After all, we are animals, and plenty of animals die every day. What happens to them? I don't know, but I think it's pretty close to what happens to us.

BTW, I don't believe in spirits/ghosts.... U MAD?


Jus' keep on rockin', ya'll. Keep on rockin'.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote: I didn't want to have to bring it up because frankly, it still freaks me out to this day.

You were the one asserting the existence of souls. If you didn't want to bring it up you shouldn't have brought it up. Derp.

I saw odd figures and I heard voices before, when I was home alone. Stuff was knocked over in the middle of the night and things were moved around in different places. I was not the only one, my family started hearing some odd things too, and my sister actually got scratched out of nowhere.

Well I'm convinced.

Do you seriously believe that it's more likely for those things to have been caused by the repeated suspension of the laws of nature than boring, rational explanations? I get scratched "out of nowhere" all the time; it's because I go out and DO THINGS.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, ScaryPicnic wrote: well i did have 30,000 souls until a fucking wheel skeleton got me

30,000 souls is mere pocket change to me. I usually walk around with at least 100,000 souls, and I've had over 1.5 million souls after getting particularly lucky in PVP. Get on my level.

souls.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

Have any of you seen Enter the Void? It's actually about this subject, and manages to be kind of interesting, although it's mainly just weird shit and flashing lights. It's pretty entertaining to watch on psychedelics, and I'd definitely recommend doing that if possible.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Ilssm wrote: I didn't expect you to believe me, but whatever. I can give you the full story if you really want me to through PM.

y u no post on here? Is it because deep down you know it's nonsense?

There is obviously no use trying to explain this kind of thing to you, though. You seem as stubborn as a mule, not willing to even consider the fact that not everything can be explained.

I'm willing to consider the concept. It's just that I need more reasoning than "Something fell over when I wasn't looking."

I'm ending this conversation on this thread here, if you would actually like to hear my experiences, do it through the PM.

I would but I'm afraid I have some paint that I need to observe while its solvent content gradually evaporates.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Ilssm wrote: Very funny excuse, you claim it's because I'm speaking nonsense but it seems you just don't seem to want to hear the truth.

You're welcome to post it in this thread. If your "truth" holds any water you should have no problem posting it for everyone to see.

Personally I think you know that whatever it is you have to say is so batshit stupid that posting it publicly will just invite a torrent of well-deserved mockery from the rest of the forum.

When you actually decide to pull your head out of your ass and are curious about why I believe in sprites/entities through my own experiences, send a message, I'll be waiting.

When you actually decide to pull your head out of your ass and are curious about why I'm a choo-choo train look at me I'm a fucking choo-choo train, send a message, I'll be waiting.

slipstrike
slipstrike
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote: I'll be waiting.

And...

At 26 seconds ago, yurgenburgen wrote: I'll be waiting.

...Sounds like the two of you are going to be waiting for awhile.

Can't we all get along?
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 22 seconds ago, slipstrike wrote: ...Sounds like the two of you are going to be waiting for awhile.

He's the one denying the obvious fact that I'm a choo-choo train.

Can't we all get along?

ALL ABOOOAAAARDDD

Jakspeed
Jakspeed
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

Lmao.

Guys, the answers obvious, isn't it? It all comes down to this...

When you turned 11 years old, you didn't receive a letter from Hogwarts telling you that you are either a witch, or wizard, correct? This means you're on your first life. Duh

Now when you die you are reincarnated and when you turn eleven you will receive a letter with your invitation to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!! Yay! Wahoo!

When you reach the death of your second life, that is where the fun begins.

Your third life you can take on the form of any animal you choose, yet you have the intelligence of a human. Ballin right? Who knows what wacky shenanigans you can get up to!

Next up is shitty. Your fourth life consists of being a tree. Yep; a fucking tree.

Then you die and become a ghost. Not a scary ghost, but an awesome, animated, bright white ghost like Caspar. You get to haunt people or whatever until you are allowed to cross over and then you go to Hell. The end.

No but seriously if you're still reading this, you honestly can't say something definitely doesn't exist. But by using that argument it can be said that gnomes, unicorns, elves, and the boogey man have the same changes of existing as do ghosts; as people claim to have sightings of these.

Come on, think about it... with today's technology, we would absolutely know if one of these things existed.


Alternative Country/Folk, take a listen!

I do my own music, I'd appreciate it if y'all would take a listen, you never know what you might hear.

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

I have no soul.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:16 PM Reply

I believe that we go where we believe we go. Like, christians go to hell, and muslims go to male virgin heaven.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
slipstrike
slipstrike
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

I once had a flashback of the Vietnam War, as vivid and intense as if I'd been there myself, and perhaps I had.
...Long story short, I got shot out of a tree, and I'm pretty sure that killed me. If not, something did.

It was the first and only time I've experienced anything like that. I was wide awake, perfectly sober, in other words I have no excuse to fall back on for an explanation. I didn't know what to make of it, still don't.

The experience has never affected my opinions on the subject of souls, I'm just throwing it out there.

As for whether or not this is relevant to the topic, or if I'm even telling the truth, I'll leave to you..

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

Being the Christfag that I am, I believe in heaven and hell.
But I think that when you die, you enter a permanent dream-like state, and a good dream would be heaven and a nightmare would be hell.

As for souls, I think of that as your conscience. I don't know what happens to that, but I think they exist forever.


BBS Signature
Shmossy
Shmossy
  • Member since: May. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

I don't believe souls exist, because of the lack of evidence. There's no valid reason to believe a claim made without evidence. You'd think I was foolish if I told you Odin was watching over us, so it's the same with souls from my point of view.

At 13 hours ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 1 hour ago, FurryFox wrote: Bible pushers back off from this thread.
You want the opinions of NG, regarding souls. Except you don't want opinions from people that believe in an afterlife? You understand that the afterlife is what the overwhelming majority of people believe will happen to their souls when they die, right?

The overwhelming majority? Don't be so ignorant to make sweeping statements like that. The Internet isn't just for people in the USA, y'know.

In the UK where I come from, only 38% of people believe in a God. In the Netherlands it's 34%, and in Sweden, it's only 23%.
Newgrounds has a particularly diverse community. People outside America use it too, what a surprise!


BBS Signature
SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 48 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote: I just shrugged it off as my imagination and then went back to bed, although when I laid back down and was almost a sleep, I heard a voice. It was very faint, a whisper, it sounded like a young boys voice, but I still am not sure. It was mostly garble, but I could just make out one word, which it kept repeating, and that world was ' Light '. It lasted for around 15 - 20 seconds, and then just suddenly stopped. I was to afraid to get out of bed, let alone tell my parents what I just heard. Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night.

This was sleep paralysis. I used to believe in ghosts and SP had me convinced. Then I looked into it and realised there was a perfectly rational explanation.
The rest of it sounds like it could possibly have been infrasound.
Is the house near train tracks/electricity pylons. That sort of thing?

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 17 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Ilssm wrote: Stuff
Part 3:
Sister was scratched by a ghost.

Just because your sister felt it then doesn't mean it happened then. Pain is a curious thing, have you never looked down and seen your finger cut and then you feel the pain?
Think about it. It's a new house, your sister goes into the shower that she doesn't know very well, she could have easily scratched herself on the taps or something without noticing. Then she notices it and what with the ghost talk you've been feeding her she imagines a voice.

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:

It wasn't near a railroad or pylons, it was in the middle of a Floridian suburban neighborhood, and look like any other house there.


Believe me, I've tried going through shit tons of stuff for a ration explanation.

I guess your right. It's more likely it was built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

I'm a ginger. I have no soul.


The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 34 seconds ago, Ilssm wrote:
I guess your right. It's more likely it was built on an ancient Indian burial ground.
Fine, make fun of me. I know what I saw/heard and what happened to my family, though.

Dude I totally believe you now. Just as I finished reading your essay my phone rang. I answered it and said "...hello?" Bearing in mind I'm at home BY MYSELF right now. The voice on the other end was deep. Deep as in, not high-pitched. Anyway it turned out to be the wrong number.

But then... how did they know I was home?

GHOSTS

ALSO, I was cutting carrots earlier and now I have a scratch on my left thumb. This makes no sense because I was USING A CHOPPING BOARD.

GHOSTS

GHOSTS

AAAAAAARGRHGRHRGHHRGGHRGHRH

pikmints
pikmints
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Souls are a fourth-dimensional object held inside of our bodies by our circulation of food/waste/etc, like the magnetic field made from an atom spinning. Once one dies (and the circulations stop), the soul is no longer bound by the body and wanders as it was before being encapsulated, until it becomes held in place by another sufficient source.
The soul is undetectable due to it being made of matter that is only able to have a physical manifestation in the fourth dimension. When it enters a suitable host, the life it grants is essentially a complex chemical reaction.


Thanks to Charlie for the sig pic. League of Legends

BBS Signature
slipstrike
slipstrike
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 12 seconds ago, yurgenburgen wrote: GHOSTS on A CHOPPING BOARD.
AAAAAAARGRHGRHRGHHRGGHRGHRH

You know, if you and Ilssm died right now, you'd probably still be arguing about what form of afterlife you were in.

And imagining Wade saying all of these things with big googly lips is hilarious
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

The Nexus, where we will wait for eternity until a soulless wanderer arrives and puts the Old One back to sleep.


BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 34 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote: I hope one day something similar happens to you as it did to me so then maybe one day you'll see.

>implying I haven't experienced bizarre occurences in my lifetime
>implying I haven't chalked them up to rational explanations

At 35 minutes ago, slipstrike wrote: You know, if you and Ilssm died right now, you'd probably still be arguing about what form of afterlife you were in.

>implying there's an afterlife

a21
a21
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

Its no use llssm, their arrogance blinds them.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

At 9 minutes ago, a21 wrote: Its no use llssm, their arrogance blinds them.

Only an idiot or fairground palm-reader would consider it arrogant for someone to expect real evidence to support outlandish claims.

Drake
Drake
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

Wherever you want to believe.

souls.


ceb @ twitter | Jerkcity, est. 1998 | Tateos is a cool guy.

BBS Signature
LostFaceInTrain
LostFaceInTrain
  • Member since: May. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Drake wrote: Wherever you want to believe.

Why would a toaster have two levers on opposite sides, its just doesn't make sense


___________________________________

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 22 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote: Please explain it to me then.

Whatever the explanation is, it won't be found in the supernatural or the occult or any of that lunacy.
I don't doubt that you experienced these things, but I don't think that your "GHOSTS DUN IT" explanation holds any merit, mainly because ghosts don't exist.

Look at this tempura I just made. It's delicious. If you stop talking like a crazy person I'll let you have some.

Wait... what's that black STUFF AT THE BOTTOM? OMG IT WAS A GHOST IN THE PLATE oh wait it's soy sauce

souls.

RyderOmega
RyderOmega
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Filmmaker
Response to souls. Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

Well there is a thing you must understand about souls, or rather our very consciousness. It is just like a very complex and organized system. The actual physical matter and make up of our brain of course rots, and the electrical energy (yes we all have a slight bit of electrical energy flowing through us) is released through other means. What that energy and physical material that make up your thoughts, your memories, your very own experiences as a human, can just vanish. It is a system, and same thing as a system, matter can be transformed and energy can be released into other forms outside of your body. But also like a system, it can stop. Your own thoughts are the result of that system, and when the system of the functions of your brain stops, then your own thoughts stop, your consciousness stops, your soul stops. When you die, it will be just like when you're born. You don't remember how that was, but when you die, you'll find out again (and judging by the average human life expectancy, that is unfortunately quite soon)


PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature