New Topic Respond to this Topic
XtremeBASS1
XtremeBASS1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Getting started 2012-02-13 20:38:25 Reply

I'm pretty much done with school and once my season ends, I need a hobby. How can I start animating and what do I need? It sounds expensive but I may be able to cover that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

XtremeBASS1
XtremeBASS1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Getting started 2012-02-13 21:19:48 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, XtremeBASS1 wrote: I'm pretty much done with school and once my season ends, I need a hobby. How can I start animating and what do I need? It sounds expensive but I may be able to cover that. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Try Pencil. It's free and is good for starters to learn frame-by-frame animation.

Although, animation is a passion. You're really going to have to want to do it because you like it or are interested in it, not to just waste time.

Awesome thanks. do i need anything special to draw it because I'm not that drawing-savvy with a mouse.

Freddythealien
Freddythealien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Getting started 2012-02-13 21:28:16 Reply

At 6 minutes ago, XtremeBASS1 wrote:
At 14 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, XtremeBASS1 wrote: I'm pretty much done with school and once my season ends, I need a hobby. How can I start animating and what do I need? It sounds expensive but I may be able to cover that. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Try Pencil. It's free and is good for starters to learn frame-by-frame animation.

Although, animation is a passion. You're really going to have to want to do it because you like it or are interested in it, not to just waste time.
Awesome thanks. do i need anything special to draw it because I'm not that drawing-savvy with a mouse.

That would be a Tablet.
You would do well to get a "Wacom" tablet.
You can get a 50$ one that is small and works well.
Glad to help.

I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Getting started 2012-02-16 01:58:53 Reply

Adobe Flash is one of the most popular programs around here. They offer a free 30-day trial that you can download to test it out. There are a bunch of tutorials located on Newgrounds that can give you a head start too.

On top of that, if you prefer drawing on a piece of paper then you may want to purchase a tablet. Wacom is one of the more popular brands of tablets that are used. Using a mouse can be a daunting task, but it is really all personal preference.

BBS Signature