New Topic Respond to this Topic
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-13 18:35:59 Reply

After my extensive research, I've decided I want to replace my DS lite with a PSP, mainly because the only DS games I want to play are pokemon, which I'll be satisfied with the first 3 gens on an emulator. Which is the main reason I want a PSP, it can emulate a lot. It's just not the same on a PC keyboard as it is on a handheld. And other reasons, but thats the main one.

So I was gonna trade my DS lite in, but it's got a crack in the casing (Which has a small piece of tape holding it together) and no box. GAME says £30 with box and shit, but without that stuff + crack, I reckon it'd be around £20. Although there's also some step-bros and stuff which MAY get it bought, but that'd be £30-ish. Also for some stupid reason, Cex's website is down and I've yet to check ebay.

(Aside from cex, as it is down so I cant check it) The cheapest PSP I've seen is £50 on GAME's website, which includes a box and charger and everything. Thats £20 difference, and I'm pretty sure I've got £20 remaining in Christmas money kicking around. Plus maybe a few games sold should push me over.

But what do you guys think, good deal (DS and £20 for PSP) or should I not bother? Personal experiance with DS's against PSP's?

TL;DR Gonna sell DS for PSP, wat do

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-13 18:51:59 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Travis wrote: Do not tell us the reason you are trading is to emulate games... that's illegal and we aren't allowed to discuss illegal activities such as emulation.

Well yeah, but I meant only emulating the ones I already own obviously, which wouldn't be illegal. Dont look at me like that, I dont know why I sold my old systems but kept the game, I was young and stupid.

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-13 18:52:24 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Travis wrote: Do not tell us the reason you are trading is to emulate games... that's illegal and we aren't allowed to discuss illegal activities such as emulation.

This.
And just buy a PC gamepad for fucks sake.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-13 18:55:42 Reply

At A few seconds ago, chubzilla100 wrote: Well yeah, but I meant only emulating the ones I already own obviously, which wouldn't be illegal.

Still illegal. Those roms you are playing weren't ripped from your personal copy. (Which likely doesn't even exist given your "hurr durr dont look at me no joke bro" reply.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-13 19:02:26 Reply

At 1 minute ago, EtchASketchClock wrote:
At A few seconds ago, chubzilla100 wrote: Well yeah, but I meant only emulating the ones I already own obviously, which wouldn't be illegal.
Still illegal. Those roms you are playing weren't ripped from your personal copy. (Which likely doesn't even exist given your "hurr durr dont look at me no joke bro" reply.

Okay I was mistaken, Roms are still illegal. I was thinking of something else. But I do seriously own the games I wanted to play, but no console for various reasons.

In that case, the emulation talk was a typo, and I apologize for it.

BBS Signature
Ihatedapatriots
Ihatedapatriots
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Programmer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-13 21:40:59 Reply

At 2 hours ago, chubzilla100 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, EtchASketchClock wrote:
Okay I was mistaken, Roms are still illegal. I was thinking of something else. But I do seriously own the games I wanted to play, but no console for various reasons.

In that case, the emulation talk was a typo, and I apologize for it.

lol

Yeah, it sounds like, for the needs you described(but we will in no way discuss further) the trade will be good if you can get it. With the Vita out the value of the PSP has crashed which is great for you. I far prefer the DS but for certain needs({..}) it is rad.

chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-14 10:55:40 Reply

At 13 hours ago, Ihatedapatriots wrote: Yeah, it sounds like, for the needs you described(but we will in no way discuss further) the trade will be good if you can get it. With the Vita out the value of the PSP has crashed which is great for you. I far prefer the DS but for certain needs({..}) it is rad.

Ah yes, completely forgot about the Vita. I just checked, it comes out (On it's own, not the bundle thing) on the 22nd, so I reckon if I wait untill the 29th or so the regular PSP should have dropped to something like £30 hopefully.

BBS Signature
Ihatedapatriots
Ihatedapatriots
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Programmer
Response to Trading Ds For Psp 2012-02-14 13:46:40 Reply

At 2 hours ago, chubzilla100 wrote:
Ah yes, completely forgot about the Vita. I just checked, it comes out (On it's own, not the bundle thing) on the 22nd, so I reckon if I wait untill the 29th or so the regular PSP should have dropped to something like Ã'£30 hopefully.

If my conversion is correct, that sounds about right.