Be a Supporter!
TheDeliMan
TheDeliMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
My Career? 2012-02-13 13:00:05 Reply

I was thinking of being a graphic artist but i just want to go to community college and i heard a lot of people have that degree. Anyone with experience know a good computer art career to get into?

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My Career? 2012-02-13 13:10:58 Reply

At 6 minutes ago, TheDeliMan wrote: I was thinking of being a graphic artist but i just want to go to community college and i heard a lot of people have that degree. Anyone with experience know a good computer art career to get into?

I dont thing "because a lot of people have that" is a good reason not to do it. But for your question, I'd assume some kind of website designer or video game art director or something. Although those 2 and designing signs and painting things are the only things I can actually think of involving a graphic artist degree.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to My Career? 2012-02-13 13:16:52 Reply

At 11 minutes ago, TheDeliMan wrote: I was thinking of being a graphic artist but i just want to go to community college and i heard a lot of people have that degree. Anyone with experience know a good computer art career to get into?

Depends what your goal is. My brother went to art school, started within this field, shifted to a related field, and ended up designing Vans shoes (back in the day). He moved on doing other designs, and today designs scuba gear. I'm not sure how much he earns but he has a big house in California and still manages to pay for two kids and a wife.

Your general graphics art degree won't cut this bill. Jobs are often extremely competitive and often have low pay due to this. I'm telling you this first-hand.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to My Career? 2012-02-13 13:19:38 Reply

You could always be a game designer

Can you make me an rts version of skyrim? Like, you can still walk around in first and third person view, except now you can start your own villages and stuff, take over a hold, all that good stuff

TAB "FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping "xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
AtomicD00M
AtomicD00M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to My Career? 2012-02-13 13:25:16 Reply

At 6 minutes ago, Razz wrote:
At 11 minutes ago, TheDeliMan wrote: I was thinking of being a graphic artist but i just want to go to community college and i heard a lot of people have that degree. Anyone with experience know a good computer art career to get into?
and ended up designing Vans shoes (back in the day).

Thats a pretty cool, what era tho?

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to My Career? 2012-02-13 13:40:28 Reply

At 11 minutes ago, AtomicD00M wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Razz wrote:
and ended up designing Vans shoes (back in the day).
Thats a pretty cool, what era tho?

Before it was sold to the company that owns it today is all I recall, so I'd say pre-2004.

BBS Signature