00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UnknownDegenerate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

getting older versions of flash?

564 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 00:22:38

hey, i just got a new computer, and i don't have flash on it. i bought (and had on my last computer) cs4, but when i looked for a way to download cs4, i couldn't find it. is there a legal way to get cs4 on my computer? (i have a serial number.)

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 00:43:43

At 17 minutes ago, ronk wrote: hey, i just got a new computer, and i don't have flash on it. i bought (and had on my last computer) cs4, but when i looked for a way to download cs4, i couldn't find it. is there a legal way to get cs4 on my computer? (i have a serial number.)

If you have a serial number, I'm pretty sure, but I could be wrong, that torrenting it wouldn't be illegal. Because really, the illegal part is using torrents to crack it and obtain a fake serial for free. Torrents aren't illegal just because they're torrents.

Adobe doesn't like to keep around old versions of flash, so I think this would be your best bet.

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 01:03:59

At 15 minutes ago, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, ronk wrote: hey, i just got a new computer, and i don't have flash on it. i bought (and had on my last computer) cs4, but when i looked for a way to download cs4, i couldn't find it. is there a legal way to get cs4 on my computer? (i have a serial number.)
If you have a serial number, I'm pretty sure, but I could be wrong, that torrenting it wouldn't be illegal. Because really, the illegal part is using torrents to crack it and obtain a fake serial for free. Torrents aren't illegal just because they're torrents.

Adobe doesn't like to keep around old versions of flash, so I think this would be your best bet.

thanks dude. i actually just looked this up, and unfortunitly it is illegal, because torrents are spreading it to others. buying the product gives you one, and doesn't allow you to redistribute it. thanks though

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 01:11:13

At 2 minutes ago, ronk wrote: thanks dude. i actually just looked this up, and unfortunitly it is illegal, because torrents are spreading it to others. buying the product gives you one, and doesn't allow you to redistribute it. thanks though

Hmm, where did you buy it from? If you bought it online can't you re-use that download link? Like find the order confirmation email. Also emailing Adobe could help.

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 07:30:59

In my opinion Flash 8 and Flash CS4 are the best versions of flash.
Sometimes older copies can be better :)

But I guess it really depends on your personal preferences.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 08:02:56

At 6 hours ago, ronk wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, 4urentertainment wrote:

thanks dude. i actually just looked this up, and unfortunitly it is illegal, because torrents are spreading it to others. buying the product gives you one, and doesn't allow you to redistribute it. thanks though

It isn't. It's illegal to distribute a 'cracked' version or a key-gen, but not the software itself which is/was originally distributed for free and is trial software unlocked only by the serial.

It is no different than simply having a web-archive like google does

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 10:00:32

I had this same problem a year ago when switching laptops and no longer had my CS4 discs.

http://technolux.blogspot.com/2011/02/adobe-direct-download-
links-less-akamai.html

The blog post above shows you how to use your Adobe account and its cookies to safely and legally download from Adobe servers the version of your choice. It is essentially the same thing as downloading the trial version except you will be required to put in your serial number before you can use it at all.

To me, this seems the only legal way to get their old software and I would only suggest this to be used by people who already have a serial number for the version they download. There's no hacking, no torrenting, no cracking. It's merely a step-by-step process to ensure you have the right session cookie for you to access the files from a direct download link hosted by Adobe.

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-13 17:04:11

Flash CS3 for life <3

Response to getting older versions of flash? 2012-02-18 10:28:34

all you have to do is go to google, type in "Flash CS4 trial" download it, then it will ask for a serial put it in, if it says it doesnt work email adobe.

WTF happend to Duke Nukem, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?

BBS Signature