New Topic Respond to this Topic
GasMaskedMonkey
GasMaskedMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 07:09 PM Reply

This topic is gonna be more about the animated series, more than the game, but it's Pokemon, based off the games. Well for nostalgic reasons, I've been watching the Pokemon series again! I came by an episode I hadn't seen in such a long time, almost where I couldn't remember it.

This episode is episode 20, "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak", which is where Ash & friends finally reach the mainlands after the whole Tentacool and Tentacruel incident, and they make it just in time for a end of Summer festival, and Brock falls in love with the ghost, as does James. This episode was really strange, watching it again, I can go on and on about how overpowered Gastly was and the fact that it could actually talk in the episode, and that he did a fusion-ha between Venasaur and Blastoise!

I'm rambling now, lets get to the point of this topic, after the battle with Gastly is over, the town folk all light up these little boats and something with something finding their way, but they had pictures of Pokemon on the little boats, they had common ones like Rattata and Omanyte, but there was one that, to me, looked like Drifloon, a 4th generation Pokemon, I mean I can probably be mistaking it for a flower but still, it wouldn't be the first time the series pulled off later generation Pokemon within the Kanto region. I mean, remember Episode 1, Ho-oh! That is all!

I just found it pretty interesting, just wanted to share it with all it's details with the Forums, any of you guys spot these kinds of things withing the series?

Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon?

BBS Signature
ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Maybe. I've heard (I forgot where) that they had at least a thousand Pokemon ideas when they made Red/Green/Blue

LostFaceInTrain
LostFaceInTrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

I looks more like one of those lantern things

Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon?

chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

I can see the likeness, but I would assume it's just a coincidence. If it was intentional, it would've been a gen 2, or at the latest 3 pokemon. 4's to late, I doubt they remembered that episode, or the concept art for any pokemon that far back.

But maybe it's a bad bellsprout or something.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

In Pokemon Red/Blue, on the route north of Lavender Town, there's a girl who asks why there isn't a pink pokemon with floral spots.

In generation 5, they introduce Munna, a pink pokemon with floral spots.

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Drifloon, A 1st Generation Pokemon? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 38 minutes ago, Chdonga wrote: In generation 5, they introduce Munna, a pink pokemon with floral spots.

Whose evolutionary form just so happens to be the best damn Pokemon of all time.

BBS Signature