00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best Program To Create Dubstep?

15,112 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 19:57:04

I dont care if its free or not, there is ThePirateBay xD

Thanks, Thank YOU, GHIUTHANK YOOOOOU, TWINKS YAAAAAH, Oups my eye :O

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 20:16:35

Massive + vengeance sample packs + flstudio trololo

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 20:25:57

Anyway, there is a list of programs here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/music-and-a udio-resources/studios-sequencers-and-composers

Doesnt realllly matter which one you use, most popular ones are flstudio, cubase, logic pro (osx only, but teh bestest one ever :P)
And Native instruments Massive is the most widely used synth for creating bass and 'wubs' and stuff.

Also, dont try to sound like skrillex... cos he is shit.

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 20:30:32

At 3 minutes ago, SpaceWhale wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, Vorlek wrote: Massive + vengeance sample packs + flstudio trololo
And the Soundgoodizer! Don't forget that!
Ive never come across this before :P

What is this? for people who don't know what eq and compression is? o_O

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 20:38:34

At 10 minutes ago, Vorlek wrote: Anyway, there is a list of programs here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/music-and-a udio-resources/studios-sequencers-and-composers
Doesnt realllly matter which one you use, most popular ones are flstudio, cubase, logic pro (osx only, but teh bestest one ever :P)
And Native instruments Massive is the most widely used synth for creating bass and 'wubs' and stuff.
Also, dont try to sound like skrillex... cos he is shit.

I wont try to sound like him, only good song from him is Scary monsta thing :P

Deadmau5 is better but still love other ''Dubstepper'' xD

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 20:40:27

too many facepalms OP

too many.

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-11 22:20:30

At 2 hours ago, habofro wrote: ....ThePirateBay xD

Careful.

Otherwise FL Studio is a great DAW to use. It's probably the most user friendly out there, and by combining Massive, Nexus, and Harmor... you can make some wicked dubstep tracks.

Like us at: Facebook | Download at: Bandcamp | Watch us at: Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-12 00:45:54

The pros all use Mario Paint to make dubstep

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-12 01:11:44

At 2 hours ago, montehawks wrote:
Careful.

This man is wise... We do not discuss piracy on these forums. If you want to be taken seriously as a musician, buy your software.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-12 10:01:39

At 8 hours ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 2 hours ago, montehawks wrote:
Careful.
This man is wise... We do not discuss piracy on these forums. If you want to be taken seriously as a musician, buy your software.

This man here is patient, if I personally see you post another mention of any pirating site I'll kick your fucking teeth in.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-12 21:40:52

Here's some better advice: Don't be like everyone else. Make something new, or be creative with music that's not dubstep...

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-12 22:29:21

At 21 hours ago, LogicalDefiance wrote: The pros all use Mario Paint to make dubstep

I use garageband...

of course, I'm not a professional...

quarl BandCamp

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-13 05:13:30

In all fairness, you should listen to most of the people on here! xD
Not saying you shouldn't try to create your own dubstep...
BUT PLEASE DONT!

It is the most overused genre in the industry at the moment and in all honesty I get quite sick of going through the portal and finding all these shitty dubstep tracks that sound like kids are sticking toys in a blender..

ON THE OTHER HAND, there are some really good dubstep artists on this website (Such as NIGHTKilla, xKore, my personal faves xD), but I feel as though people are losing interest in experimenting with different genres! I'd love to hear some electro trance or TranceStep or some weird combinations like that!

Be unique! :D

...wut ?

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-13 10:09:51

At 1 day ago, LogicalDefiance wrote: The pros all use Mario Paint to make dubstep

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-13 20:21:36

At 6 minutes ago, SansNumbers wrote: That's because once a more mainstream trend is notices in a particular genre a bunch of people with the demo version of FL Studio start to flood places with their shitty attempts at making music of said genre.

I recently tried to make dubstep (Although I actually own FL Studio Producer, not the demo)...

...It... did not end well. I like listening to dubstep, some of it anyways, a lot of it just sounds like garbage to me... but I don't think I'm capable of making it.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-13 21:19:26

Dubstep is basically just becoming glitchy growly complextro nowadays.

I'd try going for that instead.

Also, fuck you for pirating

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 08:38:33

At 12 hours ago, ClockworkSpace wrote: Why does everyone seem to hate dubstep so much? you're all a bunch of fucking hipsters.

As soon as you notice a more mainstream trend in a certain genre, you go all fucking against it. It's the most immature thing i've ever seen. What's to say he isn't making oldskool UK dubstep, like Skream?

TL;DR stop being ignorant fucks and respect peoples music taste.

Didn't say I hated it! x) Just feel that artists shouldn't be coaxed into making Dubstep tracks just because they think Skrillex's music sounds TOP NOTCH (Y)?

I respect everyones music taste, (Except maybe Pop music... a bit) and I DO LIKE DUBSTEP! I DO! Especially UK Dubstep like Skream.
Just want people to be unique when trying to create it, not spend half an hour in FLStudio using Skrillex Samples and think they've created something "new" xD

NOT BITCHING! Giving some friendly advice, I hope thats okay? x3

...wut ?

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 09:58:19

At 1 hour ago, AytonHunter wrote: Didn't say I hated it! x) Just feel that artists shouldn't be coaxed into making Dubstep tracks just because they think Skrillex's music sounds TOP NOTCH (Y)?

lol what. someone hears a sound that fascinates them, they ask how to emulate it, you coax them into doing something else?

and whether skrillex's music sounds top notch or not is a matter of opinion. no one is right or wrong. i happen to think he is a top notch producer, and as someone that has been producing music for a decade, i find your attitude to be more than a little bit condescending.

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 10:15:56

The reason it's annoying when people (Mostly kids) ask about "Making Dubstep" is because they only have an interest in that one specific genre.
I mean, I understand that they might like it but to ask a musician what he or she can do to be a "Dubstep Artist" is just dumb.
The fact of the matter is, Musicians produce music, whether it be Dubstep, trance, classical etc.
It's still a person creating music, Not someone working on just one genre and that's it.

The question should be more "What can I do to become a Musician" or "What should I do to learn?"

Just my opinion, but after being told a hundered times by people saying that they're going to become a "Dubstep Artist" I get a bit disappointed and eventually frustrated with them.
I'd much rather someone tell me that they're inspired to make music, not just sound like the rest of the wannabe musicians who say the same thing because its "in" at the moment...

Click for my Youtube Channel.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 10:20:55

:Really wish we could edit posts in here...

Not to mention, the people who ask such questions like the name of this thread for example, Expect to make the same sounds simply by downloading the same plugins and DAW, when in reality, like all Genre's It's difficult to make and not as straight forward as most people think.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 10:31:09

At 46 seconds ago, Ignyte wrote: The reason it's annoying when people ask about "Making Dubstep" is because they only have an interest in that one specific genre.

I don't understand how it's annoying. Naive perhaps, possibly even narrow minded, but annoying? Annoying implies that you can't ignore something and move on. I for instance, find this whole argument annoying, because these threads are more often than not full of bullies who take it upon themselves to shove newbies around in the name of "good taste".

I mean, I understand that they might like it but to ask a musician what he or she can do to be a "Dubstep Artist" is just dumb.

What am I supposed to ask then if I want to learn how to produce dubstep?

The fact of the matter is, Musicians produce music, whether it be Dubstep, trance, classical etc.
It's still a person creating music, Not someone working on just one genre and that's it.

I don't understand the relevance of this statement. Benga, Skream, Datsik, Excision, Rusko etc...these are all musicians that more or less produce dubstep exclusively. I would classify them as dubstep artists. The same can be said for musicians who produce other genres almost exclusively. Richie Hawtin, Gabber Front Berlin, Far Too Loud, Kavinsky, Evol Intent etc.

The question should be more "What can I do to become a Musician" or "What should I do to learn?"

Opinions are fun.

Just my opinion, but after being told a hundered times by people saying that they're going to become a "Dubstep Artist" I get a bit disappointed and eventually frustrated with them.

This seems like pretty outrageous hyperbole to me. However, that is an assumption on my behalf, and there's nothing wrong with you being disappointed and frustrated. Seems like a waste of energy to me though.

I'd much rather someone tell me that they're inspired to make music, not just sound like the rest of the wannabe musicians who say the same thing because its "in" at the moment...

That's nice, but people are trying to produce dubstep, not satisfy you.

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 10:37:37

For any type of electronic music I would say Ableton Live. I've used Reason as well which is quite good if your not bothered about plugins.

http://soundcloud.com/rizy-2

Have a listen, please rate, comment because any feedback is greatly appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 10:55:49

At 2 days ago, habofro wrote: I dont care if its free or not, there is ThePirateBay xD

Just for the record, the OP is banned for promoting piracy. Suggesting that if a program isn't free, he'll steal it. Yeah that's right, I'm banning for what written in between the lines.

Thread stays unlocked because there's some kind of discussion going on. Ok everybody hapy maek plewp-step and whatevah n posst to protal ^__________________^

Wakka wakka

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 11:50:32

At 52 minutes ago, Rucklo wrote: Yeah that's right, I'm banning for what written in between the lines.

i wouldn't mind reading between UR lines

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 20:05:08

At 9 hours ago, jarrydn wrote: I don't understand how it's annoying. Naive perhaps, possibly even narrow minded, but annoying? Annoying implies that you can't ignore something and move on. I for instance, find this whole argument annoying, because these threads are more often than not full of bullies who take it upon themselves to shove newbies around in the name of "good taste".

It never used to be annoying, until but the number of people who aspire to be a "dubstep producer" has grown dramatically, it's near impossible to simply ignore...

What am I supposed to ask then if I want to learn how to produce dubstep?

"What can I do to achieve this sound?" "What goes well with it?"

I don't understand the relevance of this statement. Benga, Skream, Datsik, Excision, Rusko etc...these are all musicians that more or less produce dubstep exclusively. I would classify them as dubstep artists. The same can be said for musicians who produce other genres almost exclusively. Richie Hawtin, Gabber Front Berlin, Far Too Loud, Kavinsky, Evol Intent etc.

Exactly, They're all Musicians not Classical Artists, not trance artists and nor a dubstep artist, they're all musicians.

Opinions are fun.

That they are

This seems like pretty outrageous hyperbole to me. However, that is an assumption on my behalf, and there's nothing wrong with you being disappointed and frustrated. Seems like a waste of energy to me though.

Well before this I never really expressed my opinion on the matter before.

That's nice, but people are trying to produce dubstep, not satisfy you.

This just sounds like a childish reply to me, why would I expect anyone to satisfy me?
I post one comment in a thread explaining my opinion and you're first assumption is that "I want people to satisfy me"?

Nice one...

And I don't think I have this whole reply quote thing right, I don't understand how to use the colon character..

BBS Signature

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2012-02-14 21:22:52

At 1 hour ago, Ignyte wrote: It never used to be annoying, until but the number of people who aspire to be a "dubstep producer" has grown dramatically, it's near impossible to simply ignore...

Lol it's actually really easy. When you see a thread titled "how do i become a dubstep producer", what you do is you don't click on it.

"What can I do to achieve this sound?" "What goes well with it?"

Those sound like the type of questions someone might ask if they already have some experience with producing music.

Exactly, They're all Musicians not Classical Artists, not trance artists and nor a dubstep artist, they're all musicians.

Semantics. They might be musicians, but personally I would call Benga a dubstep producer.

Well before this I never really expressed my opinion on the matter before.

you've been frustrated and disappointed with a hundred people that have told you they want to be dubstep producers. i couldn't personally handle that amount of angst.

This just sounds like a childish reply to me, why would I expect anyone to satisfy me?
I post one comment in a thread explaining my opinion and you're first assumption is that "I want people to satisfy me"?

well this is the comment you made:

Response to Best Program To Create Dubstep? 2023-09-06 16:04:25

At 2/11/12 08:30 PM, ma-d wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, SpaceWhale wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, Vorlek wrote: Massive + vengeance sample packs + flstudio trololo
And the Soundgoodizer! Don't forget that!
Ive never come across this before :P
What is this? for people who don't know what eq and compression is? o_O

I using Ozone 10 (On CD Master), not Soundgoodizer, but it's good too, if you don't want to download for 5000 years plugin

If you want to make epic dubstep growls I recommed you to use Sytrus and FM8