New Topic Respond to this Topic
RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 6/27/12 04:01 PM, MoodyRemix wrote: im done,but im using cs6,so can someone convert it

If you can Save as it as a CS5 file I can convert it for you.

I Received a PM from megadrivesonic he says he will be posting the .fla on the 28th and is sorry he forgot.

Travis is also still up for creating the credits but says he needs the finished list of authors a.s.a.p

Nata Open Round Entry: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/639810 "The Most Important Mission"

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 02:47 AM Reply

At 6/27/12 09:02 AM, Yhtomit wrote: Username:
Comments:

Username: JonHunter
Comments: I diserve some pie.

Keeping it real. By the way, how's everything going guys? Should I make a THE END screen or not? ^^
If so, I could do it on saturday and "refinish" my part.

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 03:02 AM Reply

Bah sorry for doubleposting, but since I can't edit I can't really change anything about it.
Can't send you my userpic 90x90 pic, because I can't crop and such in Mac. (Man these computers are just complicated..) So unless anyone can do this for me (the pic can be found in it's full size here) then I'll do it myself on saturday, when I get back home and can crop/rescale in Photoshop.

RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 03:02 AM, JonHunter wrote:

can't crop and such in Mac. (Man these computers are just complicated..) So unless anyone can do this for me

I'll do it for today when I get home

Nata Open Round Entry: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/639810 "The Most Important Mission"

Energyrain
Energyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 03:02 AM, JonHunter wrote: Bah sorry for doubleposting, but since I can't edit I can't really change anything about it.
Can't send you my userpic 90x90 pic, because I can't crop and such in Mac. (Man these computers are just complicated..) So unless anyone can do this for me (the pic can be found in it's full size here) then I'll do it myself on saturday, when I get back home and can crop/rescale in Photoshop.

I resized it for you and sent it in a PM. Just tell me if there are any concerns about it :)

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 01:44 PM, RetroSleep wrote: can't crop and such in Mac. (Man these computers are just complicated..) So unless anyone can do this for me

I'll do it for today when I get home
At 6/28/12 02:03 PM, Energyrain wrote: I resized it for you and sent it in a PM. Just tell me if there are any concerns about it :)

Alright, thanks guys! Here's the one from you Energyrain, became good.
Idunno why Macs are so complicated? They used to be so simple. Alright, some things are actually quite handy.. But working with images without Photoshop is like riding a donkey with these computers. Go windows!

How's the collab comming?
Also, should I make a THE END screen at saturday? I could make it like a sketchy feel. Could become quite cool =)

The Sketch Collab 2012

RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 6/27/12 09:02 AM, Yhtomit wrote: For this section, I need people to fill out this simple little form:

Username:
Comments:

And I need you to post the 60x60 icon that you use on the forums.

Username: Retrosleep
Comments: I draw and animate other stuff too...maybe you could go look at it?

The Sketch Collab 2012

Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 6/27/12 07:08 PM, CeroX14 wrote: We have to fill the fill-out form now or right now announce us in advance, Indeed by the time all collab will be ready ?

PD:Forgive my English you are not very good

Yeh, fill it out now so I can put the details into the pages section of the menu.

At 6/28/12 03:32 PM, JonHunter wrote: How's the collab comming?
Also, should I make a THE END screen at saturday? I could make it like a sketchy feel. Could become quite cool =)

It's coming along ok so far.
Nah, I don't think it needs it. If I remember rightly, the ending you gave yours actually suits a very smooth transition into the credits, without making the collab feel clunky by breaking it up with a "The End" screen.

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 08:25 PM Reply

awwwwrite broskis here is an update of what I got done so far!

Bananas are tasty

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

even better banana AKA fla. file

forgot about the fla file

BBS Signature
RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 08:25 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: awwwwrite broskis here is an update of what I got done so far!

Bananas are tasty

Yeaaah! Glad you made it in time.

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 07:45 PM, Yhtomit wrote: It's coming along ok so far.
Nah, I don't think it needs it. If I remember rightly, the ending you gave yours actually suits a very smooth transition into the credits, without making the collab feel clunky by breaking it up with a "The End" screen.

Glad you liked it!
Nice part Lazy, really like the feel it has. Kind of a creepy setting, like eating shrooms or something. Good job!

Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 03:11 AM Reply

At 6/28/12 10:49 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: even better banana AKA fla. file

Can you save it down to a Flash 8 fla file?

RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 04:02 AM Reply

I was able to bring Moodys .fla down from CS5 to CS3, someone else will have to convert it to 8. I can't seem to get it to work.

http://sharklogicpresents.com/Moody%20CS3.fla

Moody also used a font from dafont called Minecraftia so you will need to download that too :/ and TehTimmy4080 responded to me, telling me he has officially dropped the collab.

MoodyRemix
MoodyRemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

Username: MoodyRemix(Moody
Website: http://moodysteele.wix.com/cosmicfuse#!home/mainPage
Comments: i want to make people laugh,but i don't have a mic :/

Gaze into my chocolate eyes...

BBS Signature
JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 6/30/12 03:11 AM, Yhtomit wrote:
At 6/28/12 10:49 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: even better banana AKA fla. file

Can you save it down to a Flash 8 fla file?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/4a009d181ddd6b35616e2817 3aae31ae
Fixed font Minecraftia as well as a flash 8 fileformat.

What's the status on all the parts?
Oh and k, no End screen, got it.

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM Reply

Thanks for converting jon I actually have computer problems so sorry for not awnseringand for the website thing just put my user page for comments say I ain't super lazy.

BBS Signature
Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 06:46 AM Reply

At 6/30/12 11:39 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: Thanks for converting jon I actually have computer problems so sorry for not awnseringand for the website thing just put my user page for comments say I ain't super lazy.

Actually, that was moodyremix's part. Someone still needs to convert yours.

Speaking of Moody's part, it's got the same issue as fredstermaster's. Can you try putting all of the animation into a movieclip and resending it? See if that'll work.

Also, thanks to everyone for the responses so far, with the urls, images and comments, the menu currently looks like this. I'm probably going to be adding an advert in the pre-menu screen, just a heads up. I'll divide ad revenue between everyone unless some people don't want any of it.

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 07:46 AM Reply

At 7/1/12 06:46 AM, Yhtomit wrote:
At 6/30/12 11:39 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: Thanks for converting jon I actually have computer problems so sorry for not awnseringand for the website thing just put my user page for comments say I ain't super lazy.
Actually, that was moodyremix's part. Someone still needs to convert yours.

Speaking of Moody's part, it's got the same issue as fredstermaster's. Can you try putting all of the animation into a movieclip and resending it? See if that'll work.

Also, thanks to everyone for the responses so far, with the urls, images and comments, the menu currently looks like this. I'm probably going to be adding an advert in the pre-menu screen, just a heads up. I'll divide ad revenue between everyone unless some people don't want any of it.

Looking good!
LazyAss23, just because I want this to get done quicker I did not just only convert and inset it all into one giant graphic, I also cleaned all your bitmaps that appeared in every frame. (next time, try putting them in another layer, easier to erase =) )
LazyAss23's FLA file (Cut out the bitmaps, converted fla8 and all)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/006651e3798729139c307f04 a3c82d51

LazyAss23's Preview (Check if anything went wrong.)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/26032f1fa3b40149c2f5cff9 63e6c881

I'd gladly do this with Moodyremixes part(inserting all frames into one giant graphic), but when I open it (It's been this way ever since I got the file) I can't reach the frames? I just see a bunch of numbers ranging from 1352 to 2664 it's really wierd. So he's gonna have to do it himself, unless someone else can do it.

Anything else I can do?

MoodyRemix
MoodyRemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

ill convert my file to flash 8,do i need to do anyone elses

At 7/1/12 07:46 AM, JonHunter wrote:

BBS Signature
MoodyRemix
MoodyRemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

i failed,here is the new fla
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/2c2c0265eb3c7308f29cbf9d 638e75c2

BBS Signature
JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 7/1/12 01:47 PM, MoodyRemix wrote: i failed,here is the new fla
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/2c2c0265eb3c7308f29cbf9d 638e75c2

We need it in a format which we can convert from. Most of us have Flash CS3 or Flash 8, meaning that CS4 isn't available for us.
However, I fixed it all again. I didn't break apart the font. Now the part is ready for use, flash 8 aswell as vectorized text.

The logo got a bit broken, but since you're not fixing this yourself, you'll have to live with it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/9269f259a0c090c216328f8b cc3ca9df

How is the collab comming yhtommit? You want anyone else to take over and compile it all? I can do it if you want.

Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 7/3/12 07:42 AM, JonHunter wrote: How is the collab comming yhtommit? You want anyone else to take over and compile it all? I can do it if you want.

It's coming along slower than anticipated due to the weird messiness of adding in parts like fredstermaster's and MoodyRemix's. I have now managed to import fredster's part into the Assembly fla file, but having only imported the first 3 parts, I'm already having difficulty with Flash beginning to crash. I suspect this is because Fredster's part only works with Mask layers, and they seem to add an extra layer of friction, stopping it from working as smoothly.

If anyone who has not currently sent their parts in has Mask layers, I would like to politely ask that youREMOVE THOSE FUCKING PEICES OF SHIT RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING HELL TO WORK WITH, AND I HAVE TO ADD TWO NEW LAYERS ANYTIME YOU USE THEM. Jesus! I thought I said in the original post to use as fewer layers as possible! That includes mask layers! This is supposed to be a really simple collab, and it is baffling that it always manages to get so complicated...

RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 01:46 AM Reply

It's coming along slower than anticipated due to the weird messiness of adding in parts like fredstermaster's and MoodyRemix's. I have now managed to import fredster's part into the Assembly fla file, but having only imported the first 3 parts, I'm already having difficulty with Flash beginning to crash. I suspect this is because Fredster's part only works with Mask layers, and they seem to add an extra layer of friction, stopping it from working as smoothly.

If anyone who has not currently sent their parts in has Mask layers, I would like to politely ask that youREMOVE THOSE FUCKING PEICES OF SHIT RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING HELL TO WORK WITH, AND I HAVE TO ADD TWO NEW LAYERS ANYTIME YOU USE THEM. Jesus! I thought I said in the original post to use as fewer layers as possible! That includes mask layers! This is supposed to be a really simple collab, and it is baffling that it always manages to get so complicated...

Ugh thats rough. You have been organizing collabs for a long time, so I assume you already know the best way to compile and add them all, but just for the hell of it i'll suggest this. Take each members part put it inside its own individual movie clip and have each members part as its own Scene, so you don't run it on one really long timeline.

Like Hunter I am willing to do whatever you need to help you out, I have 8 gigs of ram and a quadcore processor . I'm not to sure if that means I would have any better of a chance compiling the flash. I believe I also used a Layer Mask for one of my scenes with a tree, if it's to much I can get rid of it but then I will have the problem of converting it to Flash 8 again.

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 7/4/12 01:46 AM, RetroSleep wrote:

:Take each members part put it inside its own individual movie clip and have each members part as its own Scene, so you don't run it on one really long timeline.

Good idea.
Graphics take lesser space though, just a suggestion.

Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 05:03 AM Reply

At 7/4/12 08:54 AM, JonHunter wrote: Good idea.
Graphics take lesser space though, just a suggestion.

But Graphics don't play animation that you put in them.

Ok, we've hit the reason that I wanted everything in by the end of June. I'm going on holiday on Monday, and I'm basically spending all of today and tomorrow preparing for it, so any time I have to put this all together is in short gaps between preparation. So yeh, cheers guys for getting your parts in so quickly and paying so much attention to the thread. Smooth.

People who need to send me their parts still:

Part 5 - KingDavid
Part 6 - tehtimmy4080
Part 7 - RetroSleep
Part 8 - dude196
Part 9 - TheMAM
Part 13 - megadrivesonic
Credits - Travis

Really, the only one who has an excuse at this point is Travis. If you've hit a problem and can't send me your part and have to drop out, then really, you should've mentioned it before 2 weeks after the deadline. All parts need to be in a Flash 8 fla format.
So, yeh, I leave on the 9th, and I'll be back on the 21st. So unless I get all the parts in and music chosen in the next 24 hours, it's not gonna happen before then. But if anyone has not sent me their part by the time I get back, then they're out. No second chances.

RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

I sent my part in weeks ago.

At 6/22/12 06:30 PM, RetroSleep wrote: .:FLA File:.
http://www.sharklogicpresents.com/Retro%20Sketch%208.fla

.:SWF File:.
http://sharklogicpresents.com/Sketch%20CollabAlpha.html

If anyone needs help reverting to flash 8 let me know.

JonHunter
JonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:09 AM Reply

At 7/7/12 05:03 AM, Yhtomit wrote: But Graphics don't play animation that you put in them.

You choose that in properties.
"Play once", "loop" or "Single Frame" (single frame doesn't play what's inside.)
Really, all they can't do is play audio =P

At 7/7/12 05:03 AM, Yhtomit wrote: So, yeh, I leave on the 9th, and I'll be back on the 21st. So unless I get all the parts in and music chosen in the next 24 hours, it's not gonna happen before then. But if anyone has not sent me their part by the time I get back, then they're out. No second chances.

If that's the deal then let someone else compile it all. If you don't get enough parts, then upload your part, along with an fla of the menu, credits etc.. Or, just work with what we have =P

TheMAM
TheMAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM Reply

I submitted my part to Yhtomit and I'm still marked as incomplete?
HELLO!? Ever heard of Newgrounds dump? I uploaded it onto it and sent him the link!
Please, for Pete's sake, what else should I do?

RetroSleep
RetroSleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Sketch Collab 2012 Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 01:40 PM, TheMAM wrote: I submitted my part to Yhtomit and I'm still marked as incomplete?
HELLO!? Ever heard of Newgrounds dump? I uploaded it onto it and sent him the link!
Please, for Pete's sake, what else should I do?

I dont think he noticed we sent parts in. He is on vacation atm so...doesn't really matter he will find it when he gets back