Be a Supporter!

Who likes editing lit work?!

  • 148 Views
  • 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fingerlessdude
Fingerlessdude
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Becuase I have 12 pages and 5000 words of a chapter that needs a freash pair of eyes to look over for me. Once it has been edited, i'll post it in the writing forum.

So, who's up for the challenge?


ONLY ONE AS TALENTED AS I ARE ABLE TO WRITE LIKE THIS WITHOUT ANY FINGERS.

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Fingerlessdude wrote: Becuase I have 12 pages and 5000 words of a chapter that needs a freash pair of eyes to look over for me. Once it has been edited, i'll post it in the writing forum.

So, who's up for the challenge?

Can you not wait until the literature portal comes? That way people will be forced to read it to approve it, and will do a good job too.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Why don't you just post it in the writing forum? They'll critique it there.

Fingerlessdude
Fingerlessdude
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why don't you just post it in the writing forum? They'll critique it there.

because I don't like posting work that could potentially be full of errors and not be able to edit it.


ONLY ONE AS TALENTED AS I ARE ABLE TO WRITE LIKE THIS WITHOUT ANY FINGERS.

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Fingerlessdude wrote:
At 1 minute ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why don't you just post it in the writing forum? They'll critique it there.
because I don't like posting work that could potentially be full of errors and not be able to edit it.

Why would you not be able to edit it? We've always been given the ability to edit our work in the flash, audio and art portals.

But yeah, fixing the errors before you publish it would be a better idea.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Fingerlessdude
Fingerlessdude
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, simon wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Fingerlessdude wrote:
At 1 minute ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why don't you just post it in the writing forum? They'll critique it there.
because I don't like posting work that could potentially be full of errors and not be able to edit it.
Why would you not be able to edit it? We've always been given the ability to edit our work in the flash, audio and art portals.

But yeah, fixing the errors before you publish it would be a better idea.

I was referring to posting it on the lit forums. but yea I know you can edit your work on the portals and what not.


ONLY ONE AS TALENTED AS I ARE ABLE TO WRITE LIKE THIS WITHOUT ANY FINGERS.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Fingerlessdude wrote:
At 1 minute ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why don't you just post it in the writing forum? They'll critique it there.
because I don't like posting work that could potentially be full of errors and not be able to edit it.

Proof read it. Submit it. Take the criticism. Correct it. I don't see why doing that here is any different than doing it there. Your goal should be to improve. They can help you do that better than some schmuck in General. And I promise you; no matter how much it's proof-read, somebody will find errors.

If you feel like it's done, post it.

Drake
Drake
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Divide it into sections and edit/revise it from there. It makes it easier on yourself.

Anyhow - I'm not touching that massive mofugga. I don't have the time to dedicate to editing it.

Fingerlessdude
Fingerlessdude
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Who likes editing lit work?! Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

I just wanted so help to help refine it. Guess I wont find it here.


ONLY ONE AS TALENTED AS I ARE ABLE TO WRITE LIKE THIS WITHOUT ANY FINGERS.