Be a Supporter!

Adopting an African

  • 1,535 Views
  • 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:
At 21 minutes ago, Odio wrote:
(note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

So what were the ancient Egyptians? White?

Good question, Scientist aren't sure what race the Egyptians were.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 56 seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:
At 21 minutes ago, Odio wrote:
(note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

So what were the ancient Egyptians? White?
Good question, Scientist aren't sure what race the Egyptians were.

Uh no.

Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote: white supremacist ass

I'm not white, you idiot.


BBS Signature
Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Odio wrote:
At A few seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote: white supremacist ass
I'm not white, you idiot.
Oh sorry, *racist ass.

OH SORRY I'M A LIBERAL PIECE OF SHIT THAT UHUUHRUHURWEURHUWRR

Go fuck yourself.


BBS Signature
GreatPowerfulTrixie
GreatPowerfulTrixie
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Isn't Africa that place full of black people?


Sig made by the awesome AnonymousOfCali.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, TwittSoup wrote:
Not liberal, just don't generalize entire groups of people, call black people spooks, or assume that people (despite their education) will grow up to be criminals despite opportunities to receive better education than other people simply because they're black.

Fuck you.

Odio's user page might speak for itself.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:
At 21 minutes ago, Odio wrote:
(note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

So what were the ancient Egyptians? White?
Good question, Scientist aren't sure what race the Egyptians were.

That wasn't really a question..
If Ancient Egyptians weren't black, they were dark brown to the very least, and more likely comprised of both.
Not white, or light skinned as the scientists have portrayed them.

You can see it in the Hieroglyphics and in their drawings.

But it is perfectly understandable why some would whiten em up... great technology and science can't surely be invented by an African?!

And this wasn't a reference to you, but Otido or whoever.

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 39 minutes ago, Odio wrote: Khem is not what the Ancient Egyptians used to refer to their country. It's KMT (Kemet), meaning Black Land. And no not black land because the people there were goddamn spooks, like every other black nationalist piece of shit is so fond of doing. Don't be ridiculous. It refers to the fertile soil on the banks of the Nile.

Furthermore, the etymology of the word 'Chemistry' is heavily argued over, just like every other word. Some say it's Greek in origin, maybe Arabic, others Egyptian, some times Persian, but to simply wave it off as Egyptian is ignorance. It is a word in the English language, hence it is an English word. Treat it like one and stop giving it special status because (gasp) black people invented it. (note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

And naming your child after something you don't even know about demonstrates ignorance and lack of historical understanding. You're like black people who name their kids Shaka, not knowing that Shaka means intestinal worm and was used to denote that he, the historical figure, was an unwanted child.

Get your facts straight, dumbass. I hope your white guilt-ridden ass gets robbed by the very son you adopted.

I never said it's what the Egyptians referred to their country as, dumbass.

You are right it means 'black land' (ie. the land around the Nile river AKA EGYPT), this was further adopted by the early Greeks as a way of referring to Egypt. It's a Western way of referring to Egypt. Bringing up Black nationalism is just petty racism at this point.

The Oxford dictionary (the most reliable dictionary in the world) still mentions that the word Chemistry and Alchemy are derived from this Greek root. The Persian and etc derivations is just recently conjecture and has no basis in linguistic reality. When did I say the Egyptians were Black anyways? I don't remember bringing that up. It's just the only African nation I have substantial knowledge of.

Go troll elsewhere, kiddo. You can't hang with me.


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:
At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:
At 21 minutes ago, Odio wrote:
(note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

So what were the ancient Egyptians? White?
Good question, Scientist aren't sure what race the Egyptians were.
That wasn't really a question..

Oh yeah I got that now since I started payin attention to Odio's post.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 24 minutes ago, TwittSoup wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Odio wrote: OH SORRY I'M A LIBERAL PIECE OF SHIT THAT UHUUHRUHURWEURHUWRR

Go fuck yourself.
Not liberal, just don't generalize entire groups of people, call black people spooks, or assume that people (despite their education) will grow up to be criminals despite opportunities to receive better education than other people simply because they're black.

Fuck you.

Don't worry about Odio. He's still stuck in that teenage rebellion phase of hating the 'liberal media' and 'progressivism' because it has become the endoxa of modern Western society. He will argue for the appeal of discarded orthodoxies (racism, fascism, traditionalism etc) because he lacks trust in society. It likely indicates he was raised wrong or in an abusive environment (see Erikson's theory of Psychosocial development). He thinks he's being really counter-revolutionary when all he is really doing is being irrational and showcasing his own faults.

If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise. - William Blake

Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, GhostOfHalloween wrote: If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise. - William Blake

I'm a woman, you idiot.


BBS Signature
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

You're free to name him whatever you want, but I would have named him something more in line with whatever culture/society you live in. But whatever, that's just me.

BringMeTheHairspray
BringMeTheHairspray
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

Yeah, I guess that's awesome. You probably really made that kid's life 10000000x better than it was going to be...the same probably can't be said for you. But eh, BRAVO

Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 24 minutes ago, SKHM wrote:
At 39 minutes ago, Odio wrote: Khem is not what the Ancient Egyptians used to refer to their country. It's KMT (Kemet), meaning Black Land. And no not black land because the people there were goddamn spooks, like every other black nationalist piece of shit is so fond of doing. Don't be ridiculous. It refers to the fertile soil on the banks of the Nile.

Furthermore, the etymology of the word 'Chemistry' is heavily argued over, just like every other word. Some say it's Greek in origin, maybe Arabic, others Egyptian, some times Persian, but to simply wave it off as Egyptian is ignorance. It is a word in the English language, hence it is an English word. Treat it like one and stop giving it special status because (gasp) black people invented it. (note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

And naming your child after something you don't even know about demonstrates ignorance and lack of historical understanding. You're like black people who name their kids Shaka, not knowing that Shaka means intestinal worm and was used to denote that he, the historical figure, was an unwanted child.

Get your facts straight, dumbass. I hope your white guilt-ridden ass gets robbed by the very son you adopted.
I never said it's what the Egyptians referred to their country as, dumbass.

You are right it means 'black land' (ie. the land around the Nile river AKA EGYPT), this was further adopted by the early Greeks as a way of referring to Egypt. It's a Western way of referring to Egypt. Bringing up Black nationalism is just petty racism at this point.

The Oxford dictionary (the most reliable dictionary in the world) still mentions that the word Chemistry and Alchemy are derived from this Greek root. The Persian and etc derivations is just recently conjecture and has no basis in linguistic reality. When did I say the Egyptians were Black anyways? I don't remember bringing that up. It's just the only African nation I have substantial knowledge of.

Go troll elsewhere, kiddo. You can't hang with me.

So why insinuate that it is what the Egyptians called their country? Is it bad grammar on your part or are you just another psuedo-intellectual piece of shit who thinks that maybe if he says something half-right, that makes it completely right.

And the Oxford dictionary, despite how 'reliable as you taut it', has time and time again made foolish and simple mistakes. How is that reliable? Wikipedia by far is more reliable in that case. Cause if its wrong, someone fixes it.

Get off your high horse you liberal piece of shit. I hope your fiancée is raped by the very son you adopt.


BBS Signature
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Odio wrote:

Get off your high horse you liberal piece of shit. I hope your fiancÃf©e is raped by the very son you adopt.

HIGH HORSE YOU SAY?

Adopting an African

ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Odio wrote:
Get off your high horse you liberal piece of shit. I hope your fiancÃf©e is raped by the very son you adopt.

You're a horrible human being, and in all honesty, probably a fat lesbian too.


All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, Odio wrote: So why insinuate that it is what the Egyptians called their country? Is it bad grammar on your part or are you just another psuedo-intellectual piece of shit who thinks that maybe if he says something half-right, that makes it completely right.

I said 'khem' originally meant Egypt. Khem is the Greek rendition of the Egyptian (KMT). Nothing pseudo-intellectual or grammatically bad about it.

Get owned some more.


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, daethdrain wrote: Sekhen is right. He's not trolling.
It just called lying.
Hahah you people are silly you don't know what trolling even is anymore.

What am I "lying" about, daethdrain? Please inform me.


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

That's pretty damn cool of you.


Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, daethdrain wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, SKHM wrote:
At A few seconds ago, daethdrain wrote: Sekhen is right. He's not trolling.
It just called lying.
Hahah you people are silly you don't know what trolling even is anymore.
What am I "lying" about, daethdrain? Please inform me.
I'm thinking the entire your entire original post. Don't hold it against me, I never believe any of the stories told here.

Nah, I understand you. It probably seems like a pretty outrageous story. Most don't adopt African children on a "whim" (to others it probably appears this way). I probably wouldn't believe this story if another person had posted it. Our cynical nature is only reinforced on message boards where it's impossible to know what is behind the other's monitor.

I was just wondering why specifically you thought I was lying. Beyond that general suspicion that we apply to every internet posting.


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

Assuming this is serious glad to see you helping those in need of parental guidance, african or otherwise. Hopefully you and your and your partner will develop a good head on his shoulders.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, II2none wrote: Assuming this is serious glad to see you helping those in need of parental guidance, african or otherwise. Hopefully you and your and your partner will develop a good head on his shoulders.

Thank you Roderickii, you are always welcome at my house if you want to stop by.


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, SKHM wrote:
Thank you Roderickii, you are always welcome at my house if you want to stop by.

Just so you know,I'm telling on you when I get there.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 11 hours ago, ButtHoleLogic wrote:
At 45 minutes ago, Ryanson wrote: Forget African babies, Mexican babies are where it's at.

I'mma name mine Juan.
African babies, mexican babies? What a bunch of faggots. I can't believe you retards wouldn't just get a white baby which deserves priority over brown people.

A white baby is always left alone, basically the parents just leave it to die most of the time, because they can't handle a child.
I don't want someone's late abortion.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
SackolfKnitler
SackolfKnitler
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Adopting an African Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

You're a fucking retard OP and I hope you rot in piss.

Adopting animals from a third world country when there are kids in your own living a life of abuse and poverty. If you're going to adopt an animal at least do so in your own country. What you're doing is the equivalent of modern slave trade except with morality strings attached. People like you are what's turning this country into shit.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Adopting an African Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 12:15 AM Reply

Thats a nice blended family


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 02:00 AM Reply

Are you also gonna make some babies? I think Irishwhateveryousaidyou are and Korean would make some perdy babies.

What name did he have before you changed it? I thought you were joking because you named him after your username. But after you explained it more it is a pretty cool name.

How old is he?


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 02:07 AM Reply

At 2/9/12 08:06 PM, Odio wrote: You're an idiot.

No, you're an idiot. A person makes a thread about their new son and you start arguing about some dumb shit that doesn't matter. And in the end it sounds like you're wrong anyway. Maybe next time you'll say something like "congratulations on your new child" instead of trying to derail the thread into some garbage argument.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Adopting an African Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 02:00 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Are you also gonna make some babies? I think Irishwhateveryousaidyou are and Korean would make some perdy babies.

I'm just Irish, as far as I know. We do plan to have a child, eventually. I actually hope to have a girl with Jinjoo.

What name did he have before you changed it? I thought you were joking because you named him after your username. But after you explained it more it is a pretty cool name.

Ansah (pronounced very similar to the word answer)

How old is he?

Actually, we don't know precisely. He was abandoned in Ghana, so his exact birthdate isn't known. He's currently in Kindergarten, so 5-6 is a good estimate.


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature