New Topic Respond to this Topic
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 49 seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote: I find it funny how everyone here is trying to find the least painful way to die, yet have not experienced it yet themselves firsthand.

Seriously, none of us have here died, so how would we know?

Does near death count?

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 40 seconds ago, H-K-S wrote:
At 49 seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote: I find it funny how everyone here is trying to find the least painful way to die, yet have not experienced it yet themselves firsthand.

Seriously, none of us have here died, so how would we know?
Does near death count?

That's like saying if Jewish people count as Christians. It's similar in some ways, but in reality totally different.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 13 minutes ago, H-K-S wrote:
At A few seconds ago, EmmaVolt wrote:
Well, wishing to die and having the courage to bring this about are separate. I think you actually envy people who are unafraid of death - not necessarily those who prefer it over life.
How do you think they have the ability to shrug off the rational fear of death? I take you are not afraid of death, but you are wary of pain. Why is that? I seemed to witness that too much in my life. Why not go out in a bang, all death ends in pure bliss because the brain releases dopamine right before you die, so you die in pure delirium? Anyways, no need to be cryptic, which is no familiarity of myself; you do seem distraught over something, and you do wish to commit suicide. Any reason why?

Intense pain is something I would think most people fear, or are at least discouraged by. Even if the experience is short, it's still there. And, I do not wish to commit suicide if it means pain (or even without pain; but then it would be more appealing). However, personal circumstances suggest that there is little left in life. I am simply curious if a painless death is actually possible.

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote:
That's like saying if Jewish people count as Christians. It's similar in some ways, but in reality totally different.

I'm going to disagree. Here's why; Let's say there's a totally hypothetical situation and involves a person of ill refute. Let's call him Henry... So Henry starts his day by doing by doing some drugs. He starts it easy by smoking some weed in the morning, and he gets the munchies. You know, he gets fucking hungry as shit, and he eats his breakfast, and after that he goes to work. Now Henry has mild scoliosis or whatever. He feels back pain, so he takes a valium. He says to himself "This shit isn't working" and ups his dose. He does this and starts to drink when he gets home. He has about 18 pills by the end of the day. He's fucking gone, and goes home to drink where he OD's. Thankfully his neighbor finds him drooling in his house. I guess he needed to borrow the lawnmower or whatever, but whatever, he calls the ambulance and Henry is flatlining. He's officially DEAD. No go, no collect your 200 dollars, and you lost the boot for your monopoly game. However, one of the kiddies in the ambulance thought to himself "Flatline + Basic Medic training = Sexy lotion on Henry's chest and sensual defib love". Basically he gets shocked to life. Wait, he was dead? Now alive? But, then he's a zombie. No, he was temporary dead, and was a near death scenario that was totally hypothetical, and your statement is moot.

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, H-K-S wrote:
At A few seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote:
I'm going to disagree. Here's why; Let's say there's a totally hypothetical situation and involves a person of ill refute. Let's call him Henry... So Henry starts his day by doing by doing some drugs. He starts it easy by smoking some weed in the morning, and he gets the munchies. You know, he gets fucking hungry as shit, and he eats his breakfast, and after that he goes to work. Now Henry has mild scoliosis or whatever. He feels back pain, so he takes a valium. He says to himself "This shit isn't working" and ups his dose. He does this and starts to drink when he gets home. He has about 18 pills by the end of the day. He's fucking gone, and goes home to drink where he OD's. Thankfully his neighbor finds him drooling in his house. I guess he needed to borrow the lawnmower or whatever, but whatever, he calls the ambulance and Henry is flatlining. He's officially DEAD. No go, no collect your 200 dollars, and you lost the boot for your monopoly game. However, one of the kiddies in the ambulance thought to himself "Flatline + Basic Medic training = Sexy lotion on Henry's chest and sensual defib love". Basically he gets shocked to life. Wait, he was dead? Now alive? But, then he's a zombie. No, he was temporary dead, and was a near death scenario that was totally hypothetical, and your statement is moot.

According to the law, the official term for death is the loss of life, i.e. no longer living. Since "Henry" was incapacitated for a finite amount of time, BUT was revived soon after, he technically wasn't dead in the first place.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 48 seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote:
According to the law, the official term for death is the loss of life, i.e. no longer living. Since "Henry" was incapacitated for a finite amount of time, BUT was revived soon after, he technically wasn't dead in the first place.

So, flatlining and showing no symptoms of living, then getting defibed' back to life isn't a temporary death? You can lose a life, but you can get it back. Incapacitation and temporary death are different. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I'm too tired to give a shit right now.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 05:14 AM Reply

being vaporized by a nuclear explosion, a overdose on sleeping meds, bullet to the brain.

im pretty sure there is.

Sheepiez
Sheepiez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 05:30 AM Reply

No one truly dies. You can only learn to live~

BBS Signature
AlexDecay
AlexDecay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 06:24 AM Reply

Overdosing on sleep meds.

VsynthGt
VsynthGt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 06:47 AM Reply

Lethal injection and C0 poisioning are both very VERY painfull ways of going, if science is to be trusted,

You sufficate to death with the lethal injection, C0 will make you sick as hell if you get the mix of air and c0 wrong,

The best way to go would be to go in one of those chambers they use for divers, where they suck out the air,

You would feel drunk and silly, then you just die. it would be amazing,

All you have to do is go up to 50000 feet and try to die by asphixiation before you freeze to death. or get one of those chambers.

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 06:52 AM Reply

death by hanging. you will lose conciousness seconds after the pressure is applied to your neck, and then death follows if left unattended. in fact, you only need a relatively small pressure to cut off the blood supply to your brain, and it is even not necessary to leave your bed because you don't have to use your full body weight. i would say hanging is very close to painless.

death by inhaling or drinking cyanides is indeed painless in my opinion, although it is a less common way to end one's life.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:15 AM Reply

I'm not sure, I don't think anyone is.

A bullet through the head seems a quick way to die, but in that millisecond (or shorter) will you experience a pain worse than you can imagine?

If you'd die in your sleep will that be painless? I'd think so, but still...

If you were to die of CO poisoning, you pretty much die painlessly though.

If you were to have lepra, do you still have pain?

Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:22 AM Reply

Dying in your sleep should be painless. A gunshot to the head is also painless. An lethal injection of a certain chemical which i can't remember it's name will also make you paralyzed and you wouldn't feel anything when they're actually stabbing you or killing you. There's a number of ways where you can ensure that you die painlessly. You can research about it on wikipedia maybe.

i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:26 AM Reply

also, if you are about to commit suicide for whatever reason, please don't try giving yourself a lethal injection, especially with a solution called potassium chloride. i am absolutely certain that the pain will be greater than you can ever imagine.

you will lose conciousness after 2 or 3 breaths by inhaling carbon monoxide at a very high concertration. but how do you create such an environment? may not be easy.

alterantively, talk with some consellors through a suicide hotline or psyichtrists and maybe they will be able to give you some help. i don't know.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:33 AM Reply

there is only one way to find out.

Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:35 AM Reply

So, flatlining and showing no symptoms of living, then getting defibed' back to life isn't a temporary death? You can lose a life, but you can get it back. Incapacitation and temporary death are different.

./* Tomato, tomato; potato, potato. Can't we all just get along? ./*

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature
jaws720
jaws720
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

Get a gun and shoot yourself in the head wont feel a thing.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 11:05 AM Reply

SUrely you could disable the nervous system by means of drugging or cutting the connection between that and the brain so youll feel no pain.

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 13 hours ago, Gigit wrote: Maybe if you died while under an anesthetic.
But I'm not sure.

This. The point of it is so that you don't feel anything.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 12:20 PM Reply

hypoxia

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
hhahahahahha
hhahahahahha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:33 PM Reply

the thingy you use to clean gold some water drnk then sleep and done also if you only drink a little bit adds the Effect of natural death

comment on my page or i´ll stab you in the face.

MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 16 hours ago, FairSquare wrote: You can die in your sleep, so yes.

Right. Also lethal injection(maybe you would feel it piercing your arm), you could also have a stroke while your are sleeping.

BBS Signature
PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

Does exploding hurt?

BBS Signature