00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

25,097 Views | 140 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 11:07:23

Hey guys! Unless you have been living under a rock for the past month, you probably are well aware that tje entire site has been redesigned from scratch. Because everything has been redone, there are bound to be glitches here and there in the system. To help prganize these glitches into one neat and tidy place for the negrounds team to troubleshoot, go ahead and post any glitches / errors you found. Hopefully everyone will see this thread and post their findings. Or not, lol. :P

Thanks guyez.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 12:08:20

The images that should appear on the CD icons aren't visible. Also, where's the top 5?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 12:19:22

" <-- this thing is replaced with &quot; in descriptions.

If you are on a userpage, and you click anything that does not belong to the page of that user, it does this. Which either gets you to the wrong page, or simply an error.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 13:19:13

Sometimes the Audio falters when scolling many pictures in another TAB oder firefox window. With the old audio I had not this problem.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 15:54:38

You can hear the stuttering when using firefox, pressing on tools (in your menu bar) -> clear recent history.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 16:43:09

At 4 hours ago, SBB wrote:
If you are on a userpage, and you click anything that does not belong to the page of that user, it does this. Which either gets you to the wrong page, or simply an error.

ooh, that was quick - I think it's fixed now!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-08 17:07:53

At 5 hours ago, varrin7 wrote: Well, I can't seem to find how to delete my audio. Also, none of the links in the top bar (i.e account settings, PMs, etc.) are working for me.

I don't think that feature's been implemented yet. The idea for the future, however, is an addition to the project system that will allow you to unpublish (i.e. hide) a track, without actually deleting it.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-12 03:34:05

kind of unimportant, but;

I have 2 monitors, the Main 16:9 and the Secondary 4:3, I found that when the page loads on one monitor but is then moved to another monitor with different aspect ratio some funky stuff happens;

Let's ride bikes!

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-12 09:15:20

clicking collapse stops the song from playing

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 10:16:03

If you're having trouble uploading audio because the uploader won't accept your MP3 file, could you please uplaod it to dump and PM me a link? Thanks!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 11:02:52

At 17 minutes ago, Chronamut wrote:
At 26 minutes ago, mike wrote: If you're having trouble uploading audio because the uploader won't accept your MP3 file, could you please uplaod it to dump and PM me a link? Thanks!
hey Mike it doesn't appear as if we can change the song title for a song anymore?

yeah, what. Can't start a collaborative project or a WIP unless you know the final name of the song

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 12:30:25

At 1 hour ago, Chronamut wrote: hey Mike it doesn't appear as if we can change the song title for a song anymore?

Yep, it's on the list of things to fix

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 12:53:23

At 21 minutes ago, mike wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Chronamut wrote: hey Mike it doesn't appear as if we can change the song title for a song anymore?
Yep, it's on the list of things to fix

thanks again Mike ;)

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 16:15:27

Hello everybody. My problem - I don't know if it is general or known - but every time I listen a song I hear at certain moement an unpleasant noise like the crackling of a bad speaker (even the song is in being loaded or loaded). Help please !

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 16:22:44

At 4 minutes ago, Coco59 wrote: Hello everybody. My problem - I don't know if it is general or known - but every time I listen a song I hear at certain moement an unpleasant noise like the crackling of a bad speaker (even the song is in being loaded or loaded). Help please !

Sorry that you're having trouble Coco, can you PM me with what operating system and browser you're using? Does it happen every single time you listen to the song? Does the problem get better if you turn the visualizations off?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 16:32:00

That used to happen to me when I moved a fan to a new window and when I switched between fans in a different window than the audio player in Chrome. I can't reproduce it now though. Also I appreciate the hard work you're doing mike.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 16:33:54

I mean tabs, not fans

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 16:48:33

I found myself a bug yesterday when I was posting up a new challenge in the Betcha Can't Do This thread...

I had uploaded the challenge, and figured I'd try linking from the preview screen (After setting it to be able to be viewed by everyone of course)... So I pasted the link just as I would any other audio submission.
It showed up like any other audio submission would, with the fancy CD icon and all, however, instead of taking you to the preview page of that song, it just took me back to the top of the thread I posted it in.

The post in which this happened can be found here.

And to see if I can recreate it in this thread... here's the link I had posted that redirected me to the thread it was posted in instead of the preview page it was supposed to:

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 18:36:48

At 1 hour ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: And to see if I can recreate it in this thread... here's the link I had posted that redirected me to the thread it was posted in instead of the preview page it was supposed to:
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/530986

Fixed that for you!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 18:39:44

At 1 minute ago, mike wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: And to see if I can recreate it in this thread... here's the link I had posted that redirected me to the thread it was posted in instead of the preview page it was supposed to:
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/530986
Fixed that for you!

Cool, thanks! Now I won't have to clutter up the portal with my Betcha Can't Do This challenges.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 19:21:33

I noticed on the 'Credit and Roles' page in the project manager that all the dropdowns list doubles.

picture

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-13 19:23:52

At 26 seconds ago, Knoxius wrote: I noticed on the 'Credit and Roles' page in the project manager that all the dropdowns list doubles.

picture

sadfsdfsdf forgot to crop out second monitor

picture but better

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 15:35:03

At 1 day ago, mike wrote: If you're having trouble uploading audio because the uploader won't accept your MP3 file, could you please uplaod it to dump and PM me a link? Thanks!

hey man i just tried to upload my song to the dump, and got this "ERROR âEU" Please select a file to upload."

I've been trying to upload to NG on different browsers for 4 days now, and this is really starting to irritate me :L
(maybe I'll just stick with SC :[ )

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 20:31:11

I think I have a bug going on here.
A couple days ago I submitted a song to the AP. Just recently I fixed a couple problems with it and replaced the audio file in the project dashboard, but when I try to publish the song all I hear is the previous version.
I've linked the song just in case, but what I did was I fixed the kick so that it can actually be heard. When I hear it on NG the kick still sounds drowned out.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 20:34:28

At 1 minute ago, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: I've linked the song just in case, but what I did was I fixed the kick so that it can actually be heard. When I hear it on NG the kick still sounds drowned out.

Clear your browsers cache, then refresh the page. That should fix it.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 20:38:35

At 2 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: I've linked the song just in case, but what I did was I fixed the kick so that it can actually be heard. When I hear it on NG the kick still sounds drowned out.
Clear your browsers cache, then refresh the page. That should fix it.

Awesome it worked, thanks!

Forgot about that trick

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 22:15:20

I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Any help? :\

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 22:23:10

At 6 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

clear cache? Are you using chrome?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-14 22:25:51

At 8 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Are you sure you have the correct version?
You could try removing the Flash player completely and then reinstalling the latest version.

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-15 00:27:28

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I don't think any lists in the Audio Portal have been updated, and usually they update every Wednesday.

How exactly do those lists work anyway?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature