This has already been said, *somewhat*. But it's been bugging me lately, because it doesn't seem to always apply.
Several weeks ago, I had finished a song that I put news posts out about and was sharing with Step. Then, I tried uploading it. What happened was as follows:
1. Song uploads completely, it says the exact size of it, and I can see the little sonic wave visualizer thing that shows a song is uploaded.
2. Tried to play through the little sonic visualizer thing. No go.
3. Tried preview. Bar stays stuck at 100% and will not play.
4. Changed Step to be a manager in the audio project so he could upload it - same bugs.
5. Made a short other song and finished that - uploaded it easily and got it out in about 5 minutes with no problems whatsoever.
So, I KNOW that this song isn't over the limit - I made it smaller in filesize specifically so it'd fit here on NG. I'd have thought it was sound clipping, but I padded that, and it hasn't been a problem beforehand. ...and definitely hasn't been a problem for the other artists who put out songs with volumes at 9001%.
I will send the audio to you, Mike, so that you can check it.