New Topic Respond to this Topic
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
A question to app makers. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:08 AM Reply

I am a budding app maker and I want to make an app. I had never have any previous experiment with making apps. Are there any websites on how you can make apps such as video games, for beginners and those wanting to eventually produce an app? Are their certain constraints and project protocols on doing it?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to A question to app makers. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:29 AM Reply

I had some app creation lessons in my school some time ago, we made them with flash. It was pretty easy if you where familiar with flash, so a good start would probably be some basic tutorials in flash and then some tutorials on how to code apps in flash.

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to A question to app makers. Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 17 hours ago, tally1989 wrote: I had some app creation lessons in my school some time ago, we made them with flash. It was pretty easy if you where familiar with flash, so a good start would probably be some basic tutorials in flash and then some tutorials on how to code apps in flash.

Yeah, but this is for making iPhone apps, not Flash animation. Besides, a tutorial on AfterEffects and Flash can bring me somewhere, but the app-making industry is so lucrative, I would like to break in to it.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to A question to app makers. Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 13 hours ago, joe9320 wrote: Yeah, but this is for making iPhone apps, not Flash animation.

It's perfectly possible to make iPhone apps using ActionScript. So yeah depending on what sort of app you want to make I would probably recommend using Air 3 or possibly Unity 3D if you're looking to make games.

If your looking to make more of a utility type app, you might want to check out Phone Gap, which converts your HTML5 project into an ipa.

Of course if you don't want to use a 3rd Party solution you can create native iOS apps using Objective C.

Also FYI, it's worth noting while there is money to be made from the Apple app store, you also need to pay Apple $99 a year to enrol in their developer program.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature