Voice Acting Contest 8
Hey all you fine voice actors out there! Prove your skill and showcase your talent in Newground's 8th Voice Acting Contest! Be sure to read the rules carefully! So... basically read the rules, check out how the judging works, and submit your awesomeness for prizes and recognition!
THEME: Super Heroes
Contest Rules (PLEASE READ)
- Each entry needs to be a minimum of 2 minutes long and a maximum of 6 minutes long.
- Each entry must be about SUPER HEROES! Open your mind and think out of the box! Be creative! (It counts towards your score)
- Each entry must have at least 3 different voices.
- Each entry must be submitted by March 8th, 11:59PM EST
- Each entry can be any kind of genre.
- No one may help you with your entry. You must do everything by yourself.
- All sounds effects and music must be royalty free. No copyright material is allowed. (Try using the NG Audio Portal!)
- All entries must be sent to the NG audio portal. If you are banned, get a friend to submit it for you.
- You may use effects such as echo, robot, etc... however, manipulating your voice/pitch using your recording software is NOT allowed.
- Although only one submission per person is allowed, you may go back and edit the original entry as long as it happens before the deadline.
- Disobeying any rules will result in disqualification.
How To Submit
-All submissions MUST be submitted to the audio portal. As stated above, if you are banned, get someone else to submit it for you. (Note: If it is your first time submitting, there may be a delay for your skit to enter the portal so you might want to get that in early.)
-Once you have submitted the piece to the audio portal, copy the link and paste it into this thread. Once I see it, I will add it to the list.
-Please keep it between 2 and 6 minutes.
The Judging Process
Each entry will be judged per category. Each category has it's own point value. The total points will equal 150. After all points are added up, the more points you have, the higher place you will receive. (In case of a tie, I will break it). The categories are as follows:
Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the character is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 50 points
Range - How well each character sounds different from eachother - 25 points
Fit - How well each voice fits the character. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice, etc...* - 25 points
Mixing - Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and staticy, the judges cant judge your voice as well. This also includes how you mix together your SFX and music. - 20
Originality - How original your skit was. Be creative! - 15 points
Writing- It's all good if you have great voice acting, but let's try and have your skit make sense! This doesn't mean you have to be another Hemmingway, but there should be some sort of structure to your skit. - 15
If you end up winning, here is what will happen!
1st Place - $60 Store Credit + Legendary Front Page!
2nd Place - $40 Store Credit + Freakin' Awesome Front Page!
3rd Place - $20 Store Credit + Fantastic Front Page!
4th Place - $0 Store Credit + Groovy Front Page!
If You Want to Judge!
We ALWAYS need judges, preferably a maximum of 5. Please note that if you do want to be a judge, results will be expected by March 28th. If results are not received by this date, your scores will not count.
If you would like to judge, send me a PM explaining why you are qualified to be one! (For judges, I'd like to see a track record of quality voice acting or a history of excellent reviews on voice acting) If there are openings, I'll send you what needs to be done!
Other Crap For You to Read!
Again the DEADLINE IS: March 8th 11:59pm EST!
Feel free to discuss the contest in this thread. It usually turns out to be a fun time! Obviously just keep flaming out of it. This contest is about bring the voice acting community together! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll keep you all updated with any changes and progress with judging.
GIVE US YOUR TALENT!
In Other news, here are some other things to check out while you wait for the results:
Voice Acting Radio: Your skit may be featured on the show! Good tips and entertainment for voice actors! voiceactingradio.com
Uncivilized Behavior: A comedy podcast to entertain all of you sickos out there! uncivilizedbehavior.wordpress.com (Recommended 17+)
Also, on February 24th there will be a live fundraising show with hosts from both of the shows above where there will be podcasting, skits, contests, prizes and incentives for those who would like to donate and help the shows out in some way. We're planning on it being a ton of fun so hope you all come!
This is for everyone else: