Be a Supporter!
Nentindo
Nentindo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Movie Buff
NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:12 AM Reply

Do you think this will happen? Because, the redesign's awesome, but all I have is my iPod and phone to browse the internet* since my laptop screen broke, and more sites than ever now have mobile version. And to login I have to go to the actual login page instead of the one at the top, since the password box isn't working on my iPod. And also, wasn't there supposed to be a classic Newgrounds button, or did I just imagine that?

Oh yeah, the new level icons are awesome. I love pixel art.

*Although I am borrowing a friends computer to write this.

NG for mobile?

Steam, Xbox Live and Game Center - V1NC5N7 ----
-----------------Visit this guy's site, and while you're at it, join my site.-----------------

BBS Signature
PyroGreg
PyroGreg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Programmer
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:12 AM Reply

I too was hoping for a mobile version. Mainly just for forums I guess, just to make it that little bit easier to browse them, see who said what, reply, etc.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, PyroGreg wrote: I too was hoping for a mobile version. Mainly just for forums I guess, just to make it that little bit easier to browse them, see who said what, reply, etc.

The full site wasn't too bad for the last design, when I surfed on my iPod. I haven't tried on this one yet though.

Raab
Raab
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:16 AM Reply

Get a decent android phone, and you won't even need a mobile version of the site.

BBS Signature
GoldHazard
GoldHazard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

I can actually view Newgrounds quite well on my iPhone, and it still loads very well. Of course, the only thing you can really do on the site with an iPhone is view and post on the BBS.

Plus, since none of Apple's mobile devices are compatible with flash, I don't think it would be of much benefit. Then again, I think some of the newer Androids can view flash content, so a mobile version may benefit them more.

But still, I don't think there's much need if the website loads sufficiently on mobile devices as it stands. It would be convenient, but not at all necessary.

BBS Signature
FIGMENTUM
FIGMENTUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:22 AM Reply

Tom predicted complaints from mobile users using the new layout so I'm sure they've thrown the idea around before. Would be good to see a mobile friendly version of the site or perhaps some kind of app but at least it's still usable the way it is now.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature
ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:42 AM Reply

Using an HTC Rezound site looks perfect. The only things I'm unable to do are play games and listen to music. Which both have good explanations. The games are meant for computers (keys and what not), and the new audio visualizers use OpenGL.

So I can't really complain much.

I wonder if there's an app that'll let me view OpenGL...

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:54 AM Reply

I saw a app at the App Store, but they were only for the Audio Portal. I can easily view Newgrounds at my iPod Touch 4G and HTC Tattoo. But it would be great if we could get a standalone app for Android and iOS.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:59 AM Reply

Wasn't there an unofficial mobile site?

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
s0und
s0und
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:05 AM Reply

doubt it considering apple doesn't seem to like flash that much

Wade Fulp replying to me = greatest day of my life

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:20 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Rawnern wrote: I saw a app at the App Store, but they were only for the Audio Portal. I can easily view Newgrounds at my iPod Touch 4G and HTC Tattoo. But it would be great if we could get a standalone app for Android and iOS.

I have the Galaxy Nexus and it can view Newgrounds perfectly. Also, with Adobe Flash, I can pretty much do everything on Newgrounds on the go :)

Aprime
Aprime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to NG for mobile? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:25 AM Reply

I would like a mobile version too. Especially so that I could vote on my favourite flash submissions and gained that 10xp

Fan me up | Twitter l My Website l YouTube (Please Subscribe)

BBS Signature