• 6 Replies
scratchR
scratchR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM

Topic title limits restrict me from actually asking: Is it possible for me to get my username changed? If so, how?

I've had this username for the longest time. Before I began developing music unfortunately, so I'm stuck with a name that isn't related to my music. All I need is for it to be changed to 'Acid-Notation'. If this is the incorrect place to be posting this sort of thing or if I'm missing something entirely, could someone please point me in the right direction?

everything's better with a little acid!

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:43 AM

The only way to have your username changed was to contact an admin, and since the redesign was just installed today, I'd that's the least of their concerns right now.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:43 AM

It's unlikely, especially now that the redesign has launched and the staff are going to be extremely busy. The admins are working hard and they are the only ones who can change your username. Even if they weren't busy, it's quite rare for users to get their names changed.
You're better off just creating a new account, to be honest.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:46 AM

dont even bother trying, unless youre really well known, it probably wont happen

NickScott
NickScott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:48 AM

At 1 minute ago, scratchR wrote: Topic title limits restrict me from actually asking: Is it possible for me to get my username changed? If so, how?

I've PMed Tom and Wade a few times with my sob story begging to get a username change. Sadly they haven't granted such an honor. I think you have to be well-liked or a contributor to the Neo Geo community to get recognized. I just want a little bit of security at night, at least a level of sub-anonymity. Oh well, because I can't hide behind an anonymous username, I've learned to watch what I say a bit more, which is probably for the best.

I've had this username for the longest time. Before I began developing music unfortunately, so I'm stuck with a name that isn't related to my music. All I need is for it to be changed to 'Acid-Notation'. If this is the incorrect place to be posting this sort of thing or if I'm missing something entirely, could someone please point me in the right direction?

Honestly, I like scratchR better than Acid-Notation. The latter is a bit pretentious but scratchR is kinda cool, and it summons images of scratching a record. But yeah I see why you're concerned. The Audio Portal needs to recognize the artist's own ID3 tagging of songs they upload.

[ Soundcloud | HarryJarry.com | Last.fm | Kongregate | Real life? none]

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:49 AM

At A few seconds ago, Lionel738 wrote: dont even bother trying, unless youre really well known, it probably wont happen

That, or a person who contributes lots to the website - Which he has, I just checked his audio submissions.

It's still unlikely, if I were you, I would wait a month or so, since the redesign is going to be quite a bit of work for them all for quite a bit of time - Then I'd try contacting an admin.

If there's no luck doing that, I'd say just stay with your name... It's just an alias on a website, your music is what matters.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Could I get my username changed? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:51 AM

PM Wade Fulp with your inquiry
http://www.newgrounds.com/pm/send/wadefulp

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]