Be a Supporter!

Who else hates the redesign?

  • 6,299 Views
  • 242 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:55 AM Reply

I love the redesign, those who will not be able to adjust are more than welcome to leave.

You can't make everyone happy, the sooner we realize this, the better.

Alanzo
Alanzo
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:58 AM Reply

Only thing I didn't like was getting a new avatar, everything else is meh.

weirdoo
weirdoo
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:01 AM Reply

I don't think you fully appreciate just how much work has gone into this redesign, first it was the matter of actually designing it, and I for 1 think it's cool and goes with the modern times, they've redesigned the entire website and that Is a first for a looooong time. And 2) The insane amount of time it took them to actually put it up? Now, i'm Norwegian so i don't know exactly how many hours it did take but 24+ hours? I'm no Master Internet so i don't know if this has happened before but in my experience is the longest time for a website to be down! Usually it's like... 10 hours or something? Whatever.

Anywho, stop acting like a spoiled brat and appreciate the hard work that was put into this, especially when the server crashed on liljim, i don't know if there was a second time, but i can imagine how stressful that must've been.

To everyone at the staff worked on this, thank you for the great redesign! To Asperchu created this thread and acting like a spoiled brat: Learn to appreciate other people's hard work.


http://www.interstellarmarines.com/
the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

I did not draw the signature picture

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: You can't make everyone happy, the sooner we realize this, the better.

I think everyone knew that as soon as the redesign launched people would instantly bitch about it and some would praise it, pretty much what happened I suppose.

After checking around I'm actually enjoying it, I like the forum jump thingy and such. People will just get used to it and when this design is trashed for another one people will say the same thing.


shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:03 AM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: I love the redesign, those who will not be able to adjust are more than welcome to leave.

=
I'm happy with the redesign, but If people have a genuine complaint they should voice it. It doesn't help the site if everyone just gives a blind thumbs-up. If something is genuinely off letting the admins know is more beneficial than getting used to it.


Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:03 AM Reply

At 53 seconds ago, weirdoo wrote: bahfuckdoo you can't be disappointed in anything if it was made with effort

no


 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:04 AM Reply

It's interesting and for all the people who missed the hentai banners now we have the chick on the right (o.o)/


BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM Reply

Don't like it?

Then leave.


BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:06 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Jercurpac wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: I love the redesign, those who will not be able to adjust are more than welcome to leave.
=
I'm happy with the redesign, but If people have a genuine complaint they should voice it. It doesn't help the site if everyone just gives a blind thumbs-up. If something is genuinely off letting the admins know is more beneficial than getting used to it.

As a point of reference Asperchu is an example of someone who complains in a way that's of no use to anyone except him and his childish need for attention.


Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
wiips36
wiips36
  • Member since: May. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:06 AM Reply

I think the background art right now is putrid and there is way too much brown. I loved how everything was orange; it gave the site a unique color palette. Other than that it's not all that bad.


BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:08 AM Reply

Meh. In one word, it sucks.

It's going to take me a while to adjust, but I don't know why the level aura and icon is smaller than before. I don't know what to do, and the emotes aren't explained very well.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:16 AM Reply

Hate is very much the wrong word. It just will take time to get used to, like with any major redesign. People moan like bitches when facebook and youtube update and they always appear to. NG has had the same layout for a long time, even the design before the redesign didn't really change the layout as much as this one has. So it'll take some time to get used to for sure but its not horrible. It's different.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Onett
Onett
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM Reply

It's awful, now I get to see everyones shitty profile pic instead. Level icons are now just sitting on the bottom, holding zero relevance to anything. No point in even depositing your experience anymore.


BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:29 AM Reply

C'mon people, is there really that much to complain about? This is why some of you can't have nice things. Members ask for a redesign and then call their work shit? Talk about ungrateful, keep in mind this redesign isn't even fully complete. Bitching for the sake of your own unfamiliarity is childish? LEARN to navigate through it instead of whining.

I enjoy the revised rating system for reviewing submissions.It's more simplistic and makes giving a verdict alot easier.
I also like the statement above the pico ratings because it's what I wanted to scream at many "reviewers" in a nutshell.
NG is pimped out! This site is so visually appealing and balances out all the generic black in the previous design.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:34 AM Reply

I'm already excited about some of the additions to audio management.

The design is very -pause- overwhelming, and I'll miss the nice, simple layout, but it works well for what it is.

just needs some getting use to.

Request a review ]                                                                            sea otters hold hands in their sleep so they don't drift away from each other

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:34 AM Reply

it does look like shit theres to much shit brown and gun metal grey. and it would be nice if they gave us the option for our own site skins to.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Jercurpac wrote:
I'm happy with the redesign, but If people have a genuine complaint they should voice it. It doesn't help the site if everyone just gives a blind thumbs-up. If something is genuinely off letting the admins know is more beneficial than getting used to it.

Yes, genuine complaints should always be voiced. However, complaining about icons, the background, or anything else aesthetic not related to having actual problems navigating or about the site is little more than "Stop liking what I don't like."

As a point of reference Asperchu is an example of someone who complains in a way that's of no use to anyone except him and his childish need for attention.

Precisely.

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: Yes, genuine complaints should always be voiced. However, complaining about icons, the background, or anything else aesthetic not related to having actual problems navigating or about the site is little more than "Stop liking what I don't like."

Aesthetic complaints are always valid. It looks too busy, and the fact people have already found out how to block it speaks volumes about it. Granted it's nice to have bigger pictures to post, but the fact sigs are wider but not taller, user banners are gone, and .png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.

They somehow took steps backwards with this while also going forward. It's confusing.


Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
.png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.

What? Png's DO work, try it yourself.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
.png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.
What? Png's DO work, try it yourself.

Bullshit, when I upload a .png it changes to .jpg. That's NOT .png support.

Who else hates the redesign?


Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote:
Aesthetic complaints are always valid.

If they're inducing nausea, then yes.

It looks too busy, and the fact people have already found out how to block it speaks volumes about it.

Bolo and a few others don't like it.

sigs are wider but not taller,

If sigs were taller we'd have people bitching about how they're too big in the same league as people complaining about how the level icons now take a backseat to the profile pictures. Or not, I don't know, we can't say for sure.

user banners are gone,

Probably because of the profile images. Although ok, I'll miss them.

and .png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.

It doesn't work?

They somehow took steps backwards with this while also going forward. It's confusing.

Things do change, it's a redesign.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

At 34 seconds ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
.png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.
What? Png's DO work, try it yourself.
Bullshit, when I upload a .png it changes to .jpg. That's NOT .png support.

Works fine for me ( RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS A PNG.)

Who else hates the redesign?


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Ef-X wrote: It is too much to handle at once! :'(

and still....no chat.

I love the redesign, but needs chat..

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote: Works fine for me ( RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS A PNG.)

So is this what's your point?

Who else hates the redesign?


Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
Akazukin
Akazukin
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:57 AM Reply

Posting in a 2012 thread

Who else hates the redesign?


[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][
][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][]v

BBS Signature
weirdoo
weirdoo
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 52 minutes ago, ChrisLovejoy wrote:
At 53 seconds ago, weirdoo wrote: bahfuckdoo you can't be disappointed in anything if it was made with effort
HUR HUR i'm funny

Yes... yes you are :p


http://www.interstellarmarines.com/
the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

I did not draw the signature picture

BBS Signature
Sanch
Sanch
  • Member since: Oct. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Artist
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:57 AM Reply

go back to 4chan then dude


you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:58 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote: Works fine for me ( RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS A PNG.)
So is this what's your point?

Seriously? So............why did you say it never worked in the first place? (Ryoko kicks ass)


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
frigi
frigi
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Who else hates the redesign? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:00 AM Reply

It will take some getting used to. In the mean time I see cleavage so I am good.