00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who else hates the redesign?

11,182 Views | 208 Replies

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:08:27

Meh. In one word, it sucks.

It's going to take me a while to adjust, but I don't know why the level aura and icon is smaller than before. I don't know what to do, and the emotes aren't explained very well.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:16:42

Hate is very much the wrong word. It just will take time to get used to, like with any major redesign. People moan like bitches when facebook and youtube update and they always appear to. NG has had the same layout for a long time, even the design before the redesign didn't really change the layout as much as this one has. So it'll take some time to get used to for sure but its not horrible. It's different.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:21:51

Woah, I think it's awesome!

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:22:15

It's awful, now I get to see everyones shitty profile pic instead. Level icons are now just sitting on the bottom, holding zero relevance to anything. No point in even depositing your experience anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:29:32

C'mon people, is there really that much to complain about? This is why some of you can't have nice things. Members ask for a redesign and then call their work shit? Talk about ungrateful, keep in mind this redesign isn't even fully complete. Bitching for the sake of your own unfamiliarity is childish? LEARN to navigate through it instead of whining.

I enjoy the revised rating system for reviewing submissions.It's more simplistic and makes giving a verdict alot easier.
I also like the statement above the pico ratings because it's what I wanted to scream at many "reviewers" in a nutshell.
NG is pimped out! This site is so visually appealing and balances out all the generic black in the previous design.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:34:32

it does look like shit theres to much shit brown and gun metal grey. and it would be nice if they gave us the option for our own site skins to.

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:37:18

At A few seconds ago, Jercurpac wrote:
I'm happy with the redesign, but If people have a genuine complaint they should voice it. It doesn't help the site if everyone just gives a blind thumbs-up. If something is genuinely off letting the admins know is more beneficial than getting used to it.

Yes, genuine complaints should always be voiced. However, complaining about icons, the background, or anything else aesthetic not related to having actual problems navigating or about the site is little more than "Stop liking what I don't like."

As a point of reference Asperchu is an example of someone who complains in a way that's of no use to anyone except him and his childish need for attention.

Precisely.

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:43:32

At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: Yes, genuine complaints should always be voiced. However, complaining about icons, the background, or anything else aesthetic not related to having actual problems navigating or about the site is little more than "Stop liking what I don't like."

Aesthetic complaints are always valid. It looks too busy, and the fact people have already found out how to block it speaks volumes about it. Granted it's nice to have bigger pictures to post, but the fact sigs are wider but not taller, user banners are gone, and .png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.

They somehow took steps backwards with this while also going forward. It's confusing.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:48:09

At 2 minutes ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
.png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.

What? Png's DO work, try it yourself.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:52:59

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:

Bullshit, when I upload a .png it changes to .jpg. That's NOT .png support.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:55:23

At 1 minute ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote:
Aesthetic complaints are always valid.

If they're inducing nausea, then yes.

It looks too busy, and the fact people have already found out how to block it speaks volumes about it.

Bolo and a few others don't like it.

sigs are wider but not taller,

If sigs were taller we'd have people bitching about how they're too big in the same league as people complaining about how the level icons now take a backseat to the profile pictures. Or not, I don't know, we can't say for sure.

user banners are gone,

Probably because of the profile images. Although ok, I'll miss them.

and .png support is still basically non-existent is ridiculous.

It doesn't work?

They somehow took steps backwards with this while also going forward. It's confusing.

Things do change, it's a redesign.

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:55:56

At 34 seconds ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
Bullshit, when I upload a .png it changes to .jpg. That's NOT .png support.

Works fine for me ( RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS A PNG.)

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:56:37

At 2 hours ago, Ef-X wrote: It is too much to handle at once! :'(

and still....no chat.

I love the redesign, but needs chat..

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:57:13

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote: Works fine for me ( RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS A PNG.)

So is this what's your point?

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:57:22

Posting in a 2012 thread

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][][][][]v

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:57:47

At 52 minutes ago, ChrisLovejoy wrote:
At 53 seconds ago, weirdoo wrote: bahfuckdoo you can't be disappointed in anything if it was made with effort
HUR HUR i'm funny

Yes... yes you are :p

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:57:51

go back to 4chan then dude

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 02:58:49

At A few seconds ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote: Works fine for me ( RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS A PNG.)

Seriously? So............why did you say it never worked in the first place? (Ryoko kicks ass)

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:00:10

It will take some getting used to. In the mean time I see cleavage so I am good.

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:00:19

Seriously? So............why did you say it never worked in the first place? (Ryoko kicks ass)

Because when I posted that image in my post it showed up as a .jpg. I then right clicked and saved ass and saw it showed up as a .jpg after I posted. To me this is not true full .png support.

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:02:44

HE SAID PUT IT IN GOD DAMN IT

SLOWLY

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:04:27

At 25 seconds ago, Krbyfan1 wrote:
Because when I posted that image in my post it showed up as a .jpg. I then right clicked and saved ass and saw it showed up as a .jpg after I posted. To me this is not true full .png support.

Weird I never had to "save ass" a png. Maybe you uploaded a jpg and didn't realize it?It should be a simple right click- save- upload.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:11:54

I seriously don't mind the redesign and I think it looks pretty pimp also I haven't checked all the new features but all in all I like it but maybe thats just me.

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:18:23

At 9 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: HE SAID PUT IT IN GOD DAMN IT

SLOWLY

Some characters were never meant to be cosplayed on a HARDCORE status. Someones gonna be in debt with dental care for the rest of their life.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 03:20:57

At 13 minutes ago, II2none wrote: Weird I never had to "save ass" a png.

Ha ha I made a speeling error.

Maybe you uploaded a jpg and didn't realize it?It should be a simple right click- save- upload.

Nope, I chose a .png from my files and posted it. It changed to .jpg. Perhaps I should try an actual .png with transparency and all that jazz.

At 15 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: HE SAID PUT IT IN GOD DAMN IT

SLOWLY

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 04:01:13

I'm yet indecisive whether or not I feel comfortable with the new look.

"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship." -Buddah

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 04:15:58

I totally love the redesign.

My only 2 complaints are that the quote button totally took over reply, and now I have to go all the way to the top of the topic to just plain reply. And my second complaint is the inclusion of avatars in the forums. Keep it one or the other, if you have 2, they just look really small and useless.

Other then that, I love how the whole site looks. I am super excited to use the new project system and I think the news feed will be really useful in the future once it will be fully implemented with it's features!

Come to think of it, I miss seeing Tom's site updates at the bottom of the main page.

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 04:29:05

At 5 hours ago, Asperchu wrote: It feels so fucking wrong to me, at least 4chan is still pure.

I'm actually loving it at the moment, I've been on it for about 20 minutes and I'm still messing around with the nooks and crannys of it.. I love the calendar section I think it's a brilliant idea :)

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 05:27:03

WHY THE HELL DID THEY GET RID OF MY GOLDEN BOW!!!

instead... there's random icons that make no sense to me... like my current one... WTF IS THAT!?

BBS Signature

Response to Who else hates the redesign? 2012-02-08 05:28:46

I love the new design. And the fact that content can be linked to social networks. The easy overall search function is very neat and things look more classy in general.

BBS Signature