00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 - First Impressions

2,935 Views | 52 Replies

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 22:45:22

At 5 minutes ago, Cootie wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
You do realize you can just click reply then delete the quoted text and type what you want, correct?
Ehhh, we didn't used to have to do a work-around like this though.

I suppose people will always find something to complain about, but really it isn't a huge thing worth whining over, and besides that it could only be a temporary thing - It's no secret that the Newgrounds staff are still working on adding some things here, so just give it some time, and if it isn't changed - Deal with it, it's not like the issue is so big that it'd drive you away from ever coming back.

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 22:46:05

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... no sir. No sir, I don't like it.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 22:46:17

it look epic

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 23:09:10

Fucking amazing audio visualizer. That's all.

sig'd

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 23:18:04

The one thing that wins me over with the redesign hands down is me now being able to go browse the Audio & Art Portal on my Android Phone without the need of flash,this makes my fucking day!

The one thing i still can't do on it is watch flash videos or play games but no big deal thank you again Tom & Friends!

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 23:22:38

It's very sleek.

Millionth time for using this emoticon, I just love it.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 23:23:12

At 2 minutes ago, illuminate wrote: The one thing that wins me over with the redesign hands down is me now being able to go browse the Audio & Art Portal on my Android Phone without the need of flash,this makes my fucking day!

The one thing i still can't do on it is watch flash videos or play games but no big deal thank you again Tom & Friends!

It does seem more mobile friendly, I originally saw the redesign on my Android device and it looked much better than the old design did on it.

Flash was never an issue though as the Samsung Galaxy S supports it, but I look forward to checking out how the flashes work on my phone, however for now I won't worry about it.

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 23:27:48

The one thing that wins me over with the redesign hands down is me now being able to go browse the Audio & Art Portal on my Android Phone without the need of flash,this makes my fucking day!

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-07 23:46:46

At 10 minutes ago, Luke wrote:
Flash was never an issue though as the Samsung Galaxy S supports it, but I look forward to checking out how the flashes work on my phone, however for now I won't worry about it.

Sorry about that previous post,BBS is still a little buggy i guess with the Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) message.

But yeah i'm currently using an LG Optimus Q and sadly it doesn't support Flash but it looks like the Audio Portal doesn't use flash anymore or something cause the Audio Portal works perfectly on my phone now playing the songs and they are all organized very well and play automatically when you hit the song you can even write reviews and vote which is sweet but you can even download the songs too.

Another good mention about what i like on the redesign is the Medal Count how it keeps up how many medals you got on the amount of games you played and even has counts for them on seperate games on your medal list it's starting to look the equivalent to 360/Achievments & PS3/Trophies especially if you have the mindset that a game with l33t graphics & takes hours to complete doesn't make the game better cause the NG Games over the years keep getting better & better and continue to impress and amazing that you are playing something worthwhile for free.

Also sweet new Emoticons are nice as well ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:01:01

I like it so far, I wouldn't say I like it better than the previous design just yet but I may end up liking it more once I get more used to it. I haven't seen anything really worth complaining about yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:09:36

I can still be fab color, score.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:12:21

I love the redesign to death.

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:33:28

It is sooo pretty, everything will take some getting used to.
The forum is a little messy with everyones user picture on display, new bigger sig size however will be nice.
Overall it seems pretty awesome. About to go check out the "portal" or whatever it is now..

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:49:32

Actually, I like it more than I thought I would.

It's good. A nice change for NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:49:51

At 14 minutes ago, Shaun wrote: The forum is a little messy with everyones user picture on display, new bigger sig size however will be nice.

I actually kind of like that feature though, it makes it easier to know which user made which post, or which user made which thread.
I can easily find which thread is mine now because I see the photo of me in my mask, so it does have it's benefits for sure...

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 00:52:47

It's awesome as fuck, really. It's really new-ish and easy-to-use.
I guess I'll get used to it in about a few months.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 01:07:29

Well the forum definitely has more personality now in my opinion (less anonymity.)

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 01:10:44

At 51 seconds ago, Halberd wrote: Well the forum definitely has more personality now in my opinion (less anonymity.)

I agree, the users can 'define' it more in a sense now, rather than only being able to change signatures and auras, it's nice that we can have our user images on the BBS now, of course the auras are a lot different, but they can elaborate on you as a person more, in a sense.

I really like the new BBS, for sure!

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 01:20:00

my first impression:

"holy dickfuck look at these backgrounds."

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 01:48:52

Overall, I find the new design to be quite stylish, having that "new generation" feel to it that hints toward what future websites within this decade will desire to look like.
However the new level icons, while definitely upholding a sort of continuity with each other, look significantly less impressive than they did in their previous incarnation...

So, though I won't find "leveling up" to be as enjoyable as I did previously, I view the redesign in it's entirety to be a good move for the site.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 01:56:27

I love it....

Its going to take a little getting used to.... but Its amazing!

I don't see a lot of things I was expecting.... which is fine...

...and tweaking my userpage.... particularly the last portion about "other contributions" is a little complicated/needs tweaking imo.... but other than that... Its beautiful.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 01:58:54

Should have relaunched the site with the oldschool black and yellow design after a day of the construction page.

0/10

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 - First Impressions 2012-02-08 02:03:16

I didn't really have a first impression. As soon as I came on I said "lets get exploring." It seems alright to me. The only problem is that everything has been rearranged. My instinct is to go to my userpage and go to the bottom left to look at the replies to my previous posts but now I get lost when I go there. They've also flipped the comments on your userpage. That's going to get annoying when looking for new posts.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature