00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

141,924 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 01:44:09

At 19 minutes ago, Kherr wrote: Diggin' the new look Tom and the rest of the Newgrounds team! Keep this liquid gold comin'! :D

I like this...but it doesn't fit in...I'm lost

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 01:48:32

Oh my god I'm in love! This is amazing, great job guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 01:50:11

Me likey ^^. Might need some time getting used to it but meh..

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 01:50:30

Love the re-design. And I can finally play Audio portal content!
Two things I'd like back though:
1. The "More by this Author" drop-down menu found on content pages. I used these a lot. Especially when there are collabs and the contributors are aplenty.
2. Hovering over submissions in the portal used to give me a quick snapshot. Right now all it shows is the ratings.

These aren't crucial functions by any means, but they would make my NG experience better.

Anyone else agree?

Stop STARING!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 01:50:31

Just not a fan, sorry. Older system wasn't an eyesore, it was much easier to navigate (especially to the portal), I preferred actually seeing my experience points get deposited after watching and voting on five movies/games per day, and I preferred the numerical breakdown that flashes got (3.33/5.00 tells you a lot more then 3 basic stars out of 5 as it's not a review score but a fan score, so the decimals do tell a lot).

If possible, would really prefer it if we could have the option of reverting back to the old look.

I was here, then I was gone, and now I’m back again.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 01:53:32

This turned out to be better than in my wildest dreams!
Exploring will do after i'm done working today holy shhhhh

Redesign in-cre-di-ble

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:01:24

I like how the list of medal-enabled games has now been split into multiple pages. However, it now lists the games in alphabetical order. Does anyone know how to sort it by release date?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:01:29

Great redesign, but now the site looks more complicated to get into.

Lots of great new features, but
>password length still limited
>delete forum sign image feature doesn't work
>listings of movies, etc looks like a picture show, I don't feel like the right message for content promotion is getting across.
>projects manager doesn't seem to have a delete project option.
>would like a delete project option for blank unused projects.
>frontpage looks too busy

Well that's my 2cents

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:03:43

sooo... how do I get to the mature section?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:05:39

THIS IS DELICIOUS

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Emphasis are great!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:06:03

Great Job on the Redesign! Looks amazing. Newgrounds is all grown-up;)

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:11:26

Okay, to be honest I was a little worried about the new design. But OMG this thing is beautiful! I fuckin love it great job guys!

I love having our profile pics instead of level icons now! The new design looks flash without losing that dark atmosphere I love about Newgrounds and the new emoticons are awesome :)

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:12:52

At 2 hours ago, labsto wrote: Where's the collection link in the flash window?

Missing at the moment but expect it to return.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:13:16

Wow, it looks great!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:13:35

This is awesome! Great work!!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:14:28

This is better than I ever thought it could be, the redesign is simply amazing.
Love the color themes and everything

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:15:25

words cannot describe the erection i am sporting

crazy? i'm not crazy. i'm a table.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:17:39

At 2 hours ago, chazzybigdog wrote: i like the new site, and have a ? i played and voted on 15 [games/movies] and i did not see where my 10 points was deposited. are you not doing the daily point system for your level?

The points are getting deposited (from what I saw on my end at least) it just isn't giving a proper notification at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:18:00

no drop-down forum picker?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:19:07

I couldn't get through last night. I was trying to say that I liked how colourful everything was now. I haven't really had time to check out all the new features and changes yet. I'll do so when I get back from uni. I can tell though there's a lot of stuff I will need to get used to. Especially the new level icons seem a bit strange to me.

Anyway, good job NG team. Hope you had a nice party when the design was up. You've earned it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:22:16

Needs to tell me when my votes were deposited already or need X more.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:22:20

It's so pretty and glowy...

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:27:13

I miss the feature of being able to stop flash films/games when you were on their page. Unless I'm missing something?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:29:09

I think it would be cool if you could choose what you want the background to be in specific (or all) places. I personally really like catoblepas art in the 'Under judgement' page. It's awesome.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:30:10

At 2 hours ago, Alter-native wrote: I felt that the site was a little more easier to navigate before this update. Now, I find it harder to find all the classics because now I have to navigate through all these different pages to find them. For instance, I get nostalgic for old games like the brawler Shinobu, Power Fox, and the sword fighting maze epic, Ronin Spirit of the Sword.

The problem with this system is that I manually managed it and did a bad job at it. It was good if you wanted to play a classic game but not good for anything else. My personal experience with the new system is that I've been finding lots of fun stuff I would have missed on the old site. And you can use your favorites list to keep track of things you want to revisit later.

Then there are little things, like how there used to be a little drop down menu thing to the left siderbar of a movie that I could click to check out other movies by the same author, instantly. I don't see that anymore.

I used to live by that dropdown box until we launched user pages. Once we had those, I would go to user pages and visually browse and never used the dropdown anymore. I was hoping no one else did either but now I'm curious how many people still liked it. It was actually a bit of a drain on the database, having to pull in every submission by everyone credited on a given submission.

However the Clock Crew pages were well made and had a complete detailing of a significant moment in portal history. I mean seriously! Strawberry Clock is this generation's Marcel Duchamp. That and the fact that Newgrounds would have a section devoted to satirizing itself was a wonderful idea and spoke true to its nature as the free site that is "Everything by Everyone" and "The Problems of the Future, Today!"

The Crew collections were moved under the Newgrounds parent collection a while back. The Clock Crew collection is still there.

And then, there's the fact that you got rid of the literature sections. I loved reading your stories Tom, and I'm sad that newer kids are either not going to read them, or not be able to find them.

I moved all of these to the Wiki so we would never have to manually re-style each page ever again. There's a section about events and a section with stories. It was getting really painful to update every single one for each redesign. :)

It's like Tom is obsessed with the way his site looks, as if he thinks his site needs to look pretty and high tech in order to attract new fans. Yet his site was always awesome and popular despite the way it looked, and even with this well intentioned but misguided redesign, it's still pretty awesome. It is all about the content; the artists, programers, musicians, the new age of storytellers and madmen. I could care less if my buttons light up with pretty colors and make sounds.

I think I just get tired of how the site looks and each layout ultimately hits a wall for potential. A fresh site brings fresh energy and helps keep everyone inspired. That being said, I don't want to do another big redesign for as long as possible. Just lots and lots of improvements.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:34:27

I like it. Alas, I am another one of those users on an old Mac PowerPC, so there are some Flash features I will never see. The submissions are backwards-compatible though, so that's good. They play just fine. I'm mostly just missing out on ads, I think. Hee-hee!

Oh, are our custom page headers a thing of the past? (I don't really expect an answer -- you guys have got to be busy as hell -- but if I didn't ask, there would be no chance of getting an answer).

Anyway, overall, looks nice!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:37:32

Why the fuck is my published works shown in alphabethic order?!...I can't keep track of the chronology any more..Fuck sakes man. Fuck sakes.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:45:23

It might be nice if the Game Dev tools link(s) was more prominent. Maybe on the same page as "Submit a Game", "Submit a Movie", etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:45:44

Is it me, or did updating the site lose me my saved game data?

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 02:45:59

This is pretty awesome.

Great work Tom F. and co. :)