New Topic Respond to this Topic
pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 11:32 PM Reply

Ok i'm not going to pussyfoot around and say i have a game idea and won't tell you the game idea until you agree to help me because its "SOOOOOO amazing" I'm just going to show the entire games basic layout and a few of the characters for it

Anyways the working title for the game is Toaster Cozy

It is a Fighting game boiled down to the simplest controls imaginable, and its a parody on World of Warcraft (very vague)

The base mechanic in it is that there is no attack button. Instead an attack button you have weapons rotating around you that you use to dismantle The other person

Player 1 Uses the Arrows keys to move about and Player 2 uses the WASD for movement

That is literally all the controls used in the game

The real key to this is the characters that i've made, all of them super unique and awesome
im going to have to make another post but please don't think of it as a self-Bump, i'm going to make 1 post per character im only going to post 3 but i've made 9 already

Artist+game idea needs programer

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM Reply

Ok the first Toaster Cozy Character i'm going to post is Marianne

Average Hp
a bit faster than average

She has 2 golden sickles rotating around her at a fairly quick rate that deal average damage

Every (i don't know like) five seconds she fires a little bolt of blood at the other guy

She starts the fight with a golden shield that also rotates around he and is seperated into sections like brick breaker, Each little part of it can take one hit and also knocks the attacker back or just stops it if its a bullet or something

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 11:41 PM Reply

sorry i couldnt fit the concept art with that

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 11:45 PM Reply

Next guy is Mortie
He is sort of the Preist character

He has a bonesaw(TF2) that rotates around him dealling biggish damage but has shit range

He also has a Syringe gun (I didn;t realize how medicey this guy sound) That rotates around him further than his bonesaw

It spins around as it rotates shooting a ton of bullets, If they his you they heal you a very tiny bit
and if the hit your enemy they deal a tiny bit of damage

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM Reply

The last character i'm going to put here is Morrison
He is the Warrior character

He has massive HP
He has the biggest and most damaging weapon in the game but kind of shit range and he is kind of slow

But he has a mini skull that rotates around him chraging.... something, and when its done charging he moves at double speed and his weapons rotation speed increases by 2x as well for a very short period

Ill wrap this up in one more post

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 12:16 AM Reply

Ok so if you are a programmer and want to work with me on this game please send me a PM
Also this is going to sound super dickish but ive fallen into so many bad programmer situations that i need to be sure, so if you want to work with me on this please show me a game that you've worked on or if you haven't done a game then a tech demon that shows off your mad skills :)

I don't want this to be a huge project either i would want to get this done in a month or two so be driven and stuff like that I am very open to ideas and new things to add to the game as well and i really just want to have fun making this, so if you are a programmer who likes having fun this is also for you

Oh and Even if you don't like this idea but like my art style please send me a PM i'm always looking for talented programmers to work with :D

zarmeck
zarmeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 12:58 AM Reply

At 4 days ago, pillowsurfermikko wrote: Ok so if you are a programmer and want to work with me on this game please send me a PM
Also this is going to sound super dickish but ive fallen into so many bad programmer situations that i need to be sure,

omg don't say this!
I worked with this guy.He don't know how to work correctly. For exemple, he likes to create MC with nothing in them.He also likes to create MC who are only art (duh what are "graphics" for? MCs are better!).
He stopped talking to me without any reasons and we left on good terms(after telling him that creating MC who contain nothing is bad). He even said:
[2011-12-17 13:20:33] mikko piironen: looks awesome(did you actually do that in 2 days?)
when looking at a basic engine I made.
eventualy , I had to drop out since he gave no news.
[2012-01-17 13:45:24] Zarmeck: almost 2 weeks of no news or progress
I don't think this will work or that something will come out of all this so,
I'm out.

Don't waste your time with him. He may look good , but he realy can't deliever the goods. + may disappear without telling why or giving you a hint.He even blocked my skype. I can see his skype name has changed but can't see him online O.0.

I normaly would not have written this , but I refuse that he call his partnership "bad programmer situations".Knowing I'm the only person who worked with him >.>

blaker2000
blaker2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Programmer
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

not true he is one of the best artists i know ,creative, hard-working and awesome.maybe its you who cant work with greate people. we were paired together in the last game jam and i had no prob so (F*** you)

zarmeck
zarmeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 04:43 PM Reply

At 51 minutes ago, blaker2000 wrote: not true he is one of the best artists i know ,creative, hard-working and awesome.maybe its you who cant work with greate people. we were paired together in the last game jam and i had no prob so (F*** you)

Dude I'm glad your basic project went well !
But it did not in mine.Everything I said is true. I though he was good too(great art style), then he left me with unstructured work and stopped talking to me. Know what ? I'll PM you the whole message log I had with him. After that , tell me who can't work with "greate" people.I'm only here to warn talented people.

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, zarmeck wrote:
At 51 minutes ago, blaker2000 wrote: not true he is one of the best artists i know ,creative, hard-working and awesome.maybe its you who cant work with greate people. we were paired together in the last game jam and i had no prob so (F*** you)
Dude I'm glad your basic project went well !
But it did not in mine.Everything I said is true. I though he was good too(great art style), then he left me with unstructured work and stopped talking to me. Know what ? I'll PM you the whole message log I had with him. After that , tell me who can't work with "greate" people.I'm only here to warn talented people.

Ill just address you directly

I honestly just thought that you didn`t want to work on the project anymore, I mean you didn`t sound too excited going into it
and I just thought that you moved on to work on something else, it was definitely a dick thing i did but i tend to assume things and i`m sorry for what i did
But did you even consider i might have gotten better at organizing my work since that happened? In fact the main reason i want to do this game is because i know EXACTLY what i need to make it as opposed to the bullshit "In General ideas i used to have. I know i'm pretty bad at this stuff still, but i'll only grow from every programmer/artist relationship i'm in so to put a mark on my head repelling people from wanting to work with me, even though it is probably deserved, hurts my feelings and stunts my growth

In conclusion i am very sorry that you got caught by me when i was just blowing through stupid unoriginal ideas, thinking that i was the best, But i really wanna make games right now so hopefully someone will want to work with me still

DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

The only bad thing about publicly giving away your idea's is that evil developers like me can steal them >:)

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

zarmeck
zarmeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 07:55 PM Reply

Ill just address you directly

I honestly just thought that you didn`t want to work on the project anymore, I mean you didn`t sound too excited going into it
and I just thought that you moved on to work on something else, it was definitely a dick thing i did but i tend to assume things and i`m sorry for what i did
But did you even consider i might have gotten better at organizing my work since that happened? In fact the main reason i want to do this game is because i know EXACTLY what i need to make it as opposed to the bullshit "In General ideas i used to have. I know i'm pretty bad at this stuff still, but i'll only grow from every programmer/artist relationship i'm in so to put a mark on my head repelling people from wanting to work with me, even though it is probably deserved, hurts my feelings and stunts my growth

In conclusion i am very sorry that you got caught by me when i was just blowing through stupid unoriginal ideas, thinking that i was the best, But i really wanna make games right now so hopefully someone will want to work with me still

Alright , I'm sorry for coming here and destroying your chances of finding somebody.
I would have done this in private but meh I'm blocked on skype and assume I'm also blocked on NG...
I wish you good luck since you look sincere.You should probably make another thread later and bury this one...
BTW this game makes me think of "hammerfight" :D. You should go check it out (steam game).

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Meh forget about it, and forget this game for the time being anyways me and blake are working on a different game now

and as for releasing game ideas publicly, i couldn;t give less of a shit lol, i mean this idea has no value until someone gives it some, if it did i would just go to a game studio and pitch it haha

c0rupt3d
c0rupt3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Artist+game idea needs programer Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 11:05 PM Reply

I played a game like this a while ago, Not to unique :/ Also provide some in game assets of the game, the pictures dont really provide any more insight into the game.

BBS Signature