New Topic Respond to this Topic
LopendePaddo
LopendePaddo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
review?! 2012-02-04 01:33:55 Reply

anyone know how i can get people to actually wright feedback? publicity on newgrounds is something i dont have so few listens even fewer reviews / votes...

tips anyone?

=[PO!]= Players On Insomnia

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 01:35:46 Reply

At 2/4/12 01:33 AM, LopendePaddo wrote: anyone know how i can get people to actually wright feedback? publicity on newgrounds is something i dont have so few listens even fewer reviews / votes...

tips anyone?

I was hoping you could give me some tips. If you manage to find what the secret is, don't hesitate to share it.

bork bork bork

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 01:38:42 Reply

Be active in the community, exposure doesn't just come to you, you have to go get it.

Also:
Zerovoting and Exposure

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 01:39:12 Reply

Just click the audio portal button and review all the 30 new submissions (from the moment you clicked)
leave that page and open a track on a new tab , review the track and repeat the process.

You can make a lot of buddies with that method (or even some fans) if you give them a good review , explaining every detail that comes to your mind. People will think that you're such an awesome person that they will check your stuff.

Eventually you will have regular reviewers whenever you upload something new!

Music is my passion , not my business.

Squeezums
Squeezums
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 02:30:16 Reply

At 2/4/12 01:38 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: exposure doesn't just come to you, you have to go get it.

I beg to differ.
Example.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 06:39:11 Reply

Review Request Club

Just try to be nice and they will give you very strong feedback and constructive criticism.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 06:59:12 Reply

At 2/4/12 01:33 AM, LopendePaddo wrote: anyone know how i can get people to actually wright feedback? publicity on newgrounds is something i dont have so few listens even fewer reviews / votes...

tips anyone?

Sorry but I find it really silly when people with barely any forum posts and barely any music reviews come and ask how to get feedback. If you want exposure and reviews, you've got to make an effort on your part.

Review other people, and make your reviews a bit detailed and helpful. Actively take part in the Audio Forum and get known a bit more. Give some audio competitions a shot - there are monthly competitions, bi-monthly competitions, annual competitions and other miscellaneous competitions in this forum; you've got loads to choose from. See if you can find someone to collaborate with. Work on improving your music with the feedback you get, and put more effort in your music.

You can make use of these threads:
Audio Advertisements
Work In Progress Advice Thread!
Review Request Club

And when you get a decent fanbase, sometimes (although not all the time or you might be seen as annoying) you can PM each one when you submit a new track which you worked hard on, asking them politely to check it out if they get the time.

Lastly, be patient. You won't start off getting many reviews, but the more active you get with the community and the more you improve, the more reviews you'll receive. Also, may I suggest to improve your grammar? Believe it or not, putting effort in the grammar of your posts/reviews will greatly increase your credibility and give a better impression of yourself, and this helps you get more feedback.

Do all that, and then see if I'm right or not!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
JPRixdorfer
JPRixdorfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 07:58:32 Reply

At 2/4/12 01:39 AM, Acid-Paradox wrote: Just click the audio portal button and review all the 30 new submissions (from the moment you clicked)
leave that page and open a track on a new tab , review the track and repeat the process.

You can make a lot of buddies with that method (or even some fans) if you give them a good review , explaining every detail that comes to your mind. People will think that you're such an awesome person that they will check your stuff.

Eventually you will have regular reviewers whenever you upload something new!

This might backfire a lot. Some people don't want constructive criticism, they want praise. If their song sucks and you tell them something like "good start but work on this and work on that, that one part was good" you might be zerobombed for a week. Now that I think about it, I always made the mistake of putting an honest score on that review. Keep it above 8 and this method might just work.

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 10:33:28 Reply

tips anyone?

Since we're letting this thinly veiled advertisement thread stay open, I'd just like to say: please go review my music, too.

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 10:47:07 Reply

Review for a review
That's how I do
You should too
It's really true
If you're feeling blue
Because you're new
Just give a review
And they'll give one to you

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 11:42:22 Reply

At 2/4/12 07:58 AM, JPRixdorfer wrote:
This might backfire a lot. Some people don't want constructive criticism, they want praise. If their song sucks and you tell them something like "good start but work on this and work on that, that one part was good" you might be zerobombed for a week. Now that I think about it, I always made the mistake of putting an honest score on that review. Keep it above 8 and this method might just work.

In that case , just review songs that you think that are good and skip the ones that need some improvements.

Music is my passion , not my business.

SpaceTheory
SpaceTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 12:48:31 Reply

At 2/4/12 10:47 AM, blackattackbitch wrote: Review for a review
That's how I do
You should too
It's really true
If you're feeling blue
Because you're new
Just give a review

Best poem I have ever read.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 13:57:51 Reply

At 2/4/12 10:47 AM, blackattackbitch wrote: Review for a review
That's how I do
You should too
It's really true
If you're feeling blue
Because you're new
Just give a review

That's made a great rap!

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 14:15:30 Reply

Make professional sounding music, and make lots of it - eventually if it's good enough you'll get lots of recognition. Also play to NG's interests eg. dubstep/dance usually get high scores no matter what haha

When on the front page of a genre, your song will get views and hopefully a review :)

You could also write helpful and constructive reviews on other peoples stuff, people always love reviews (just like you would) and they would usually listen to your stuff also (with either seemingly inactive NG users or signed NG users I doubt they would though)

LopendePaddo
LopendePaddo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 21:34:59 Reply

thanks for the tips!
I'll use them in the future.
also my grammar isn't the best but thats probably because English isn't my first language.

@: Adam-Beilgard: I'll go check out your tracks now !

=[PO!]= Players On Insomnia

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-04 22:48:31 Reply

At 2/4/12 01:39 AM, Acid-Paradox wrote: Eventually you will have regular reviewers whenever you upload something new!

That is such a good idea, I need to do that!

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to review?! 2012-02-05 03:23:48 Reply

At 2/4/12 09:34 PM, LopendePaddo wrote: also my grammar isn't the best but thats probably because English isn't my first language.

Well, to be honest your grammar isn't bad, really. I was mostly referring to punctuation, capitalisation, etc...

It's not such a big deal, but something to keep in mind I suppose.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature