Be a Supporter!

you're in charge of a game company.

  • 992 Views
  • 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

Be it good or bad what kind of changes would you make toward the way games are produced, advertised or marketed?

CAPCOM: I'd Put an end to them bullshitting with their customers, I don't care how willing the fighter fans are to chuck cash for a super deluxe mega street fighter 4 with a $60 price tag for 5 new characters, it's still a rip off.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Sega: Let sonic the hedgehog die peacefully.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:28 PM, Klik wrote: Sega: Let sonic the hedgehog die peacefully.

Joking or not there's tons of evidence showing otherwise.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:35 PM, II2none wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:28 PM, Klik wrote: Sega: Let sonic the hedgehog die peacefully.
Joking or not there's tons of evidence showing otherwise.

You can only make the same game so many times.

Holy shit he's running, fuck me in the face he's collecting rings
Here comes an argument

But yeah, i'd get rid of games that get too much hype. Everybody rambled about how Skyrim was going to be the most revolutionary game ever to grace the earth and how it had over 300 hours of gameplay. What they didn't mention is that after the bigger quest lines, everything becomes pretty dull and repetitive.

Here comes another argument.
SloppyMoe606
SloppyMoe606
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

Valve: Make them release HL3. I don't care how far along it is in development, JUST RELEASE IT!


BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Animator
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Relic. Homeworld 3.


"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 10:10 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:35 PM, II2none wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:28 PM, Klik wrote: Sega: Let sonic the hedgehog die peacefully.
Joking or not there's tons of evidence showing otherwise.
You can only make the same game so many times.

Holy shit he's running, fuck me in the face he's collecting rings

LOL, You know that's not true you just don't like sonic. It's no different then with mario and coins. or jak and daxter and precursor orbs, or pacman and dots.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 10:30 PM, II2none wrote:
At 2/3/12 10:10 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:35 PM, II2none wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:28 PM, Klik wrote: Sega: Let sonic the hedgehog die peacefully.
Joking or not there's tons of evidence showing otherwise.
You can only make the same game so many times.

Holy shit he's running, fuck me in the face he's collecting rings
LOL, You know that's not true you just don't like sonic. It's no different then with mario and coins. or jak and daxter and precursor orbs, or pacman and dots.

Probably. Although they don't try to make a reboot of pacman every 5 years by slightly changing his character model and making the background 3d.

I'm going to bed now
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Namco-bandai: Come on SCVI needs MOAR BOOBS!1!

Or
Square Enix: Make sure Tetsuya Numora never touches Final Fantasy again!

well, he can just be the art guy.

BBS Signature
Psychopathic-Mind
Psychopathic-Mind
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

Namco: Localize more Tales games. Stop making it a coin flip and be consistent, export the ones that are proven to be a success.

Capcom: No more on the disc DLC.


BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:53 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 10:34 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:

Probably. Although they don't try to make a reboot of pacman every 5 years by slightly changing his character model and making the background 3d.

Lol,There not "reboots" they're continuations of a franchise like every other game with sequels. Are you arguing sonic shouldn't have went 3D despite the overall positive reception and high sales for most of his 3d games, regardless of your personal taste?


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Any company that uses them: No more online passes. People will hate us less.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM Reply

Infinity Ward: I'd demand that the aesthetics of the next Call of Duty game be more colorful and give the graphics a cel shaded look. Then I'd start making theme packs. Maybe make a Tron pack that contains various battle grids for maps and an Identity disc type weapon. And also add vehicles.

Game Freak: Instead of making pokémon games that consist of two versions with one single large region with a hundred plus new pokémon, make a bunch of versions in one generation, each version having its own smaller region (like the size of Kanto or Johto) that is full of various preexisting pokémon. And for one generation, hold a contest that will accept fakemon.

Mm: Make level kits based on things that aren't owned by Disney.

Bankruptcy! Bankruptcy for all!

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Artist
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:28 PM, Klik wrote: Sega: Let sonic the hedgehog die peacefully.

I think they wore the fuck out of Sonic a long, long time ago. Same with Mario, and all those other games that were awesome back in the day, but got gay because they rode the hell out of that money chain.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:53 PM Reply

The Behometh: screw XBLA, it's going to PSN.

Yay,self profit!

BBS Signature
Death
Death
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 2/3/12 11:53 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: The Behometh: screw XBLA, it's going to PSN.
Yay,self profit!

if it was up to me I wouldn't bother with exclusives. GAMES FOR EVERYONE

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 2/4/12 12:26 AM, Death wrote:
At 2/3/12 11:53 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: The Behometh: screw XBLA, it's going to PSN.
Yay,self profit!
if it was up to me I wouldn't bother with exclusives. GAMES FOR EVERYONE

THANK-YOU!


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 03:28 AM Reply

Activision: Sack Bobby Kotick for being an asshole. I can do a far better job on making money than him.
EA: Fire the entire executive board for being supporters of SOPA, and not making enough good games. We need to break records and make MORE MONEY!
Namco Bandai: Make. More. Digimon. Games. Now.
Nintendo: Open up a division in South East Asia so that my friends there can have their Pokemon games and Mario games!
Square Enix: See Nintendo, but replace Pokemon and Mario with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. Also, release games in Europe first to irritate Americans.
Nippon Ichi: Release their goddamn games to Australia! STAT! And first in line!


I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 03:43 AM Reply

Bioware: Fire their writers and get new ones.

Crink
Crink
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 07:47 AM Reply

i'd take over lucasarts and make battlefront 3


hey

BBS Signature
Kogasu
Kogasu
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:14 PM, II2none wrote: Be it good or bad what kind of changes would you make toward the way games are produced, advertised or marketed?

CAPCOM: I'd Put an end to them bullshitting with their customers, I don't care how willing the fighter fans are to chuck cash for a super deluxe mega street fighter 4 with a $60 price tag for 5 new characters, it's still a rip off.

This ^ (plus maybe a few Resident evil remakes).

I'm finding it so much more difficult to like Capcom. Sometime it really IS like they are trying to fuck up on purpose.

Any other company I think of would be solely for remakes or sequels.


Listen to my (shitty) original music! (Only if you want to.)

BBS Signature
Exile
Exile
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 08:44 AM Reply

if it was up to me I wouldn't bother with exclusives. GAMES FOR EVERYONE

Without exclusives there would be no reason to own a console

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 10:16 AM, logic wrote: SEGA

I'd close the company down, and sell the rights of Sonic to Nintendo. Maybe then a decent Sonic game can be made.

Too late


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
TheLameChildren
TheLameChildren
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 01:01 PM Reply

take over call of duty then have them release a new game every 6 months. im sick of mw3 already D:<

xLegionnaire
xLegionnaire
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

Capcom: I would bring back King of Spain Magneto because fuck Spain.

you're in charge of a game company.


And that's perception.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 08:44 AM, ShadyBlackGuy wrote:
if it was up to me I wouldn't bother with exclusives. GAMES FOR EVERYONE
Without exclusives there would be no reason to own a console

I want Japanese exclusives to be put to an end.America likes just as much Kingdom hearts or Naruto(well..I don't) as they do.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Akkere
Akkere
  • Member since: Jan. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 10:19 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: Valve: Make them release HL3. I don't care how far along it is in development, JUST RELEASE IT!

Then you end up getting Duke Nukem Forever (which, I actually thought was a fun game, but oh well), which was the result of a forced switch over to Gearbox whom proceeded to force in a deadline.

Ubisoft: Put funding into BG&E 2 to ensure its survival.
Sega: Figure out a way to make money and get a development going for Shenmue 3.


"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Valve: Murder Gabe Newell, and teach everyone else how to count to three.

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Infinity Ward: Shut down
Activision: Shut down
EA: Shut down


SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
CritcalOne
CritcalOne
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to you're in charge of a game company. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

Square Enix: Stop localizing games.
Valve: Retire TF2. Nothing but a buch of 7 year olds and college kids bragging about there rig and premium status
Microsoft: The fuck with exclusives. Also, make the nextbox play used games and sell physical copies of things


Moved to new account.

BBS Signature