New Topic Respond to this Topic
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

You don't learn anything in the military you can't learn yourself with excellent willpower and determination.

When they say a mandatory service for a certain period of years would be to "strengthen the population and instill the values of hard work and discipline," that's really Orwellian Code for "At any given time we have enough men to fight a war should it break out and you're under legal contract and law to obey."

Anything mandatory dictated by a government, whether it's planting trees in certain areas or military service, is always, always by force and therefore criminal. And they get away with it, too, while people who possess smokeable vegetation are put away for years.

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

I doubt it will happen for a long time if it was even considered because currently, more than likely due to the economy, all the militaries are over packed right now. Most MOS or whatever there jobs are called are full enough to the point they aren't taking any new applicants while they have also raised there entrance bar.

But considering, I think it'd be a horrible idea to extend it to anyone in the US to do mandatory military service. There's a ridiculous amount of people in the world that have no common sense, psychiatric disorders, or are just vicious enough that they can be dangerous in the military.

There's already enough borderline retards in the military that somehow made the cutting score and past bootcamp.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 07:10 AM, kiljoy96 wrote: Wouldn't that like, break our constitutional rights or something?

Also, there would be riots in the streets if that happened.

Nope. There's already the required selective service registration in place, just in case it's instated. I see nothing wrong with a draft. Two years of mandatory service isn't really a whole lot. Lots of countries have it.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:49 PM Reply

Yeah, I agree with it, do your year or two, come back a man and get a real job.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
LucasJC
LucasJC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

It'd be an interesting experience.

"You can't be careful on a skateboard man." - some kid

AmpdVodka
AmpdVodka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 07:24 AM, ZagmenO wrote: I wouldn't like it. Even if they promise you that you wouldn't go to war then I'm sure there'd be some fine print stating that they'd drop you off in Pakistan or something without warning.

No, their wouldn't be any fine print. The reason they have that system in certain country's like Turkey or Switzerland is to train up every able bodied man in the region so if invasion was ever a possibility they could just hand weapons out to the male population and they all would have had the basic training at some point in their lives. You wouldn't get civilians turning into a mass mob and running around the streets, you would have organised soldiers pushing the enemy out. I fully believe in drafting at 18! The fat population would become healthier, the "gangster" arsehole's would gain some discipline and you would meet many people and learn to trust them as a team and would possibly be lifelong friends. Not to mention the military training that would be invaluable.

Its just too true

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 05:00 PM, AmpdVodka wrote:
At 2/3/12 07:24 AM, ZagmenO wrote: I wouldn't like it. Even if they promise you that you wouldn't go to war then I'm sure there'd be some fine print stating that they'd drop you off in Pakistan or something without warning.
No, their wouldn't be any fine print. The reason they have that system in certain country's like Turkey or Switzerland is to train up every able bodied man in the region so if invasion was ever a possibility they could just hand weapons out to the male population and they all would have had the basic training at some point in their lives. You wouldn't get civilians turning into a mass mob and running around the streets, you would have organised soldiers pushing the enemy out.

You would have a larger quantity of men who've had basic training, but I wouldn't have such high expectations from a bunch of guys who are, for a large part, not that motivated to fight anyway and probably well out of shape again after a couple of years.

I fully believe in drafting at 18! The fat population would become healthier, the "gangster" arsehole's would gain some discipline and you would meet many people and learn to trust them as a team and would possibly be lifelong friends. Not to mention the military training that would be invaluable.

As far as I can see the majority of young adults are still in reasonable shape (at least around here), have reasonable discipline and get along just fine in life without ever having served in the army.

I'm sure there are some people for whom joining the army would do a lot of good, but this group makes up a very small portion of society. The other people would benefit a lot more from having two extra years of education or job experience instead if you ask me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

I would hate if they implemented that.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
BlackHoleLogic
BlackHoleLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

To feed the blind man's pride is to feed the blind world's fire.

Rude-Awakening
Rude-Awakening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 05:59 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: To feed the blind man's pride is to feed the blind world's fire.

*Pretentious quote of which has nothing to do with the matter at hand*

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0
Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

I'd go back to Poland since the requirement there is only one year.

BlackHoleLogic
BlackHoleLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 06:12 PM, Rude-Awakening wrote:
At 2/3/12 05:59 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: To feed the blind man's pride is to feed the blind world's fire.
*Pretentious quote of which has nothing to do with the matter at hand*

Indeed, it does. To learn is one thing. To manifest what you've learned is another. To give a man of pride a state of power, is to give drunk man a loaded weapon.

psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

I would not like it at all. I am a peaceful person who follows his own self, the military would be better off without people like me. Not saying I am wrong, not saying they are wrong, we are just two different kinds of people.

BBS Signature
ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

Every Egyptian male has to join a mandatory military service in Egypt for a year, and that turns into 4 years for adults over 18 who aren't in University.

Thankfully I didn't become a civilian killing dictator following piece of shit thanks to the revolution, lol.
Good news!

I don't know if they're still going to keep the mandatory status.. Since many disagree with them.

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Musician
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:55 PM Reply

It is sort of mandatory over here. You have to enlist in the army, but in the enlisting paper there is the option not to join. But, even without not willing to, they can still recruit you. I just hope I'm not one of these unlucky ones, I really don't like military lifestyle.

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

luckily, I'd probably be exempt because I'm a psychological fuck-case.
however, if for some reason I had to do this, I'd probably just move to Canada.
I'm not a huge fan of the US to begin with.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 10:24 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 2/3/12 10:23 AM, Ryan wrote: Oh, it's not so bad~
It's not so bad until someone puts icy hot on your balls when you are trying to masturbate.

LOL, What???!!!

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

You're teacher seriously believes that shit?

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

They wouldn't, I have a condition (namely Diabetes type 1) that makes me inelligible for the military, have fun you guys!

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:03 PM, zag wrote: luckily, I'd probably be exempt because I'm a psychological fuck-case.

Or you could just say you're gay (if that still works.)

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

Going into the forces myself soon, and I'm straight out of a liberal arts college. I can't imagine a single hipster making it through the first week of boot, let alone 2 years of required duty

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:16 PM, II2none wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:03 PM, zag wrote: luckily, I'd probably be exempt because I'm a psychological fuck-case.

first of all, I'm bisexual. I don't really understand the viewpoint of monosexuals.
second, 'don't ask, don't tell' was repealed (where the fuck have you been?!?!)
and last, I'm diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and gender identity disorder. my current psychiatrist is also highly considering bipolar disorder. I'm pretty sure that I'm draft-proof.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

it would be great idea, it would teach them the meaning of self respect, teamwork, honor etc. plus it would give the young population employment (even if temporary and as long as they get benefits under the GI BILLS) it would be a great experience. but unfortunately like this thread there are to many pussies in this country who would oppose it, on the big "WHAT IF" if they get there asses dumped in some shithole country in the Middle East.

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

If the compulsory military service was reduced to a few months, this would be fucking amazing.

Since the population of beta males is overwhelming, this would be quite useful.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:21 PM, zag wrote:
first of all, I'm bisexual. I don't really understand the viewpoint of monosexuals.

Well not like the military cares either way. And what's a monosexual, your way if saying Heterosexual?

QOTW:

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:31 PM, II2none wrote:
At 2/3/12 09:21 PM, zag wrote:
Well not like the military cares either way. And what's a monosexual, your way if saying Heterosexual?

the military won't accept an individual who can lower morale and as unstable as many people with mental disorders are, they discharge you if they find out you have a severe one.
furthermore, military suicides look bad, so they try to avoid recruiting people with severe depression.

also, a monosexual is any individual who is attracted to only one sex or the other.
I believe it's a very narrow viewpoint to hold. I don't understand how an individual can pass up an otherwise compatible partner just because they have the "wrong" genitals... but that's just me.

BBS Signature
KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:38 PM Reply

Your all a bunch of wimps.

Sanch
Sanch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:38 PM Reply

the military is already bloated and facing downsizing as is. that and given it is political suicide, it will not happen at least for a half century.

a fully professional standing army is superior to any sort of draft system.

you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
Sanch
Sanch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:35 PM, zag wrote: also, a monosexual is any individual who is attracted to only one sex or the other.
I believe it's a very narrow viewpoint to hold. I don't understand how an individual can pass up an otherwise compatible partner just because they have the "wrong" genitals... but that's just me.

after looking at your post and your profile i can deduce that there isnt much wrong with you other than being an attention-starved boy

you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Mandatory Military Service Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 09:41 PM, Sanch wrote: after looking at your post and your profile i can deduce that there isnt much wrong with you other than being an attention-starved boy

you're entitled to your own opinion.
in my opinion, you're just an asshole.

BBS Signature