New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheSandyman
TheSandyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to January Nac Results! Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 04:39 AM Reply

So that means my song isn't getting frontpaged?

I dare you, I doubledare you to click this image.

BBS Signature
StefBidz
StefBidz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Programmer
Response to January Nac Results! Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 08:22 AM Reply

I don't understand what's wrong with the NAC. I'm still a bit new to newgrounds but Chron has to choose a theme for the contest; what's the difference between "Let's make funk !" and "Let's make orchestral !" ? Maybe I am naive but still, where the hell is the problem ? Why is that so ego"ish" to set a theme ?
There are even more rules in the MAC like making "emotional transition", imposing not to use electronic instruments etc.
Saying that Chron does not consider people opinion is not true because the funk theme was submitted by someone else (the funk theme and the others).

Camel Spaceship under attack !
Latest track: Marim'ba.

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to January Nac Results! Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 08:47 AM Reply

Well congratulations guys. And I don't mean the winners. I mean everyone in the audio community here. Because this is who represents us - the two sides bickering in this thread.

In lieu of a front page for the winners, Tom actually mentions us in his Redesign post. He even has a fancy little link. To this thread.

So guess what people see when they come looking for contest winners? They see us, fighting like it's the goddamn YouTube comments section.

So whether you like it or not, musicians of NewGrounds, you are now a name-calling, self-righteous, bickering little kid.

Because that's what's in this thread. That's what people see when they come looking for a funk contest. That's what Tom is sending people into.

So again, congratulations on how far we've come.

Maybe some half decent mod would finally lock this before anyone else (himself included) injects moire poison into an already diseased well called the AP.

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
IAMSuB0
IAMSuB0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to January Nac Results! Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 10:44 PM Reply

I am not claiming to be a pro musician, but these contests are so played out, which is probably why only few people enter them.

For this one specifically, I thought if I would combine genres, while funk being one, it would be beneficial, but from the reviews it's actually counter productive. The thing is a musician has a style and strong points in genres and weak points in others, because thats who they are as a musician, they like/play a certain genre.

These contests are somewhat mechanical because you are forced to limit yourself to the genre, or the popular musicians of today that supposedly sound like the genre, your just copying them to win. I was also criticized for having time problems, when I could have just pushed the quantize button.

Also, the upcoming classical orchestra competition has me scratching my head, because no artists on NG are classically trained. Unless your some kind of prodigy, you have to be classically trained to compose/play classical music. The 'classical' music coming out of NG and entered in that contest are either 1, not classical, or 2, plagiarism.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to January Nac Results! Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, StefBidz wrote: I don't understand what's wrong with the NAC. I'm still a bit new to newgrounds but Chron has to choose a theme for the contest; what's the difference between "Let's make funk !" and "Let's make orchestral !" ? Maybe I am naive but still, where the hell is the problem ? Why is that so ego"ish" to set a theme ?

Exactly StefBidz! I don't see what problem either!

We have a lot of elitists on NG (since 2010). So that's the problem why "ego-war" broke out. Chronamut has chosen themes and genres almost widely and equality in NAC. While MAC is confused on quite closed sections of genre only. But those 2 don't conflict with each other.

And here is another thing that I was trying to say earlier: both NAC and MAC were started by the same people, brokendeck and Chron. There were almost no big fight until ... whoever came. It's ironic that most participators never complain about both contests and some even joined both (PeterSatera). Yet you heard mods talk about it recently.

There are even more rules in the MAC like making "emotional transition", imposing not to use electronic instruments etc.

Well, it's classic (based). Transition and musical theory stuff are of course must be played an important part in MAC contests. However it's unfair for non musical-training people or people without orchestra instrument to participate with.

What the fuck is wrong with chiptune/synths in classical genre? The song still has classical transitions and even mid-age Western chords. Yet you get a bunch of nepotistic and elitism denials at a piece of would-be classical becomes a not classical because it used chiptunes and/or electronic instruments! This is one main thing I disagree with MAC. We are all contemporary composer/producer now, aren't we?

Aren't we using 'digital audio' to make 'classical'? Unless you hire yourself a 'real' orchestra bands or record instruments in real life then you can have enough reputation and knowledge to actually say the piece is not classical.

Hey, I think I'm pretty much nuked my entry in this month MAC too since there are gonna be people who opposes my expression and empathy on NAC and Chron's problem in this post.

Saying that Chron does not consider people opinion is not true because the funk theme was submitted by someone else (the funk theme and the others).

Not just funk but on other genres as well, anything that has nothing to do with classical and orchestra basically. Remember the Industrial one on last year (before Winter NAC)? Big times.

Well Chronamut does have his own serious problem that makes him goes wrong: His Chernobyl catastrophic attitudes and behaviors.

I can understand this since he is 1 man (active one, not once silent folks like you and me) vs. a bunch of ... who outnumbered him and constantly provoke/exploit his weaknesses.

===

I think the solution is everyone that is the core of the problems should shut the fuck up, treat each others in a good manner and sort this out with win-win situations.

I can see people view NAC/MAC as problems because: rewards including NG credits, frontpage shit and promotions. Tom and Wade can't handle 2 sacks at once. It's extremely hard to pick which sack is rotten and which is fresh.

Other unmentioned or gonna-be dangerous problems to mentions are: moderation powers, intra-personal conflicts (did they own each other beer money?), tribalism and dictation (which bounces back to moderators-users and moderators-moderators conflicts).

It's 2012 now. Even Newgrounds has changed a lot. Can't people change their attitudes?

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
ChRoN0uNc3
ChRoN0uNc3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to January Nac Results! Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

oh right forgot about this one..

alright sig upgrade time:

4th place!

January Nac Results!

I am Chronamut's alt.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to January Nac Results! Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 10:07 PM, ChRoN0uNc3 wrote: oh right forgot about this one..

alright sig upgrade time:

3rd place!

January Nac Results!

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
ChRoN0uNc3
ChRoN0uNc3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to January Nac Results! Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:09 PM Reply

2nd place!

January Nac Results!

I am Chronamut's alt.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to January Nac Results! Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:10 PM Reply

1st place!

January Nac Results!

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
ChRoN0uNc3
ChRoN0uNc3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to January Nac Results! Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:12 PM Reply

and the updated pic altogether!

January Nac Results!

I am Chronamut's alt.