• 3 Replies
Davoo
Davoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Liberal Christians Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 02:25 AM

With atheist/agnostic liberals (read: most people I meet on the internet), who succumb to the bullshit of 'the rich hoarding all the money' and 'the temperature went up one-tenth of a degree. Ah!! We're all gonna burn!', I can tolerate because they at least are above the tricks and games of religion.

With Christian conservatives (read: my parents), I really love talking to because they openly rip on Barack Obama and every other crazy eco-dumbass; they say 'What they want is a utopia. They strive for this perfect fantasy world that can never exist.' And they're totally right. That connection I have with them becomes a little diluted though, when they then say, 'Yep; the only utopia is that with Jesus Christ in Heaven." That kind of pisses me off, but I can deal.

But liberal Christians... gawd. Make me want to absolutely pull my throat out of my ass. They come into Church, talking about how 'the professor at my school told me God isn't real. He's so whiny!' and then all the other people in the Church are like 'yeah, we should pray for him to let him experience the love of Christ.'
But then when I engage any of them in politics, they start spouting the ridiculous 'there's no guarantee the rich will spend their money' and 'social security gives stuff to people who could never have it otherwise' bullshit that they learned from the exact same professor.

Ranger2
Ranger2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Liberal Christians Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM

Somebody's just itching for a fight. This isn't a prompt for a debate; it's someone letting off steam.

The-universe
The-universe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Liberal Christians Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 07:19 AM

At 1/30/12 02:37 AM, Ranger2 wrote: Somebody's just itching for a fight. This isn't a prompt for a debate; it's someone letting off steam.

This pretty much sums it up. Not to mention the fact that we'd have to start with the wall street movement and climate change prior to the point about 'liberal christians'.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Liberal Christians Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

So, you don't like liberals or Christians very much. Does this really merit a whole topic?