Nintharmed
Nintharmed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

Effects on the Heart

Marijuana increases heart rate by 20-100 percent shortly after smoking; this effect can last up to 3 hours. In one study, it was estimated that marijuana users have a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of heart attack in the first hour after smoking the drug. This may be due to increased heart rate as well as the effects of marijuana on heart rhythms, causing palpitations and arrhythmias. This risk may be greater in aging populations or in those with cardiac vulnerabilities.

Effects on the Lungs

Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which further increase the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. Marijuana smokers show dysregulated growth of epithelial cells in their lung tissue, which could lead to cancer;6 however, a recent case-controlled study found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung, upper respiratory, or upper digestive tract cancers. Thus, the link between marijuana smoking and these cancers remains unsubstantiated at this time.

Nonetheless, marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, and a heightened risk of lung infections. A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers. Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Effects on Daily Life

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In one study, heavy marijuana abusers reported that the drug impaired several important measures of life achievement, including physical and mental health, cognitive abilities, social life, and career status. Several studies associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.

BBS Signature
Gein
Gein
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:46 PM Reply

Could you please cite your source?

ChaRee
ChaRee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:48 PM Reply

Truth.

Weed Facts For Teens

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:49 PM Reply

no do i care?

...nope :)
then again i dont smoke weed
so this doesn't affect me
but seriously whats wrong with people saying weed is bad?
if people want to smoke it let them
its their body...

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
LardLord
LardLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 02:48 PM, ChaRee wrote: Truth.

Two Thumbs Up.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

Don't try to convince NG stoners to see the facts, they're stubborn as a mule.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Sanch
Sanch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

i have a stable career, relationship and a stock portfolio and i regularly use marijuana, alcohol, and other drugs. this image is cute. seems like someone sexually frustrated made it.

OP:

Effects on the Heart

yes here are some other things that can increase heart rate: exercise, taking a test, waking up early, etc

if you're elderly or have other significant health problems then use a method that is less intense than traditional smoking such as a vaporizer or one that is completely safe such as edibles

Effects on the Lungs

same as above: if you're that concerned about your health then do it safely. and if you are curious and want to try it, then experimenting once or a few times will NOT damage anything.

overwhelmingly, studies have shown a lot of benefits from marijuana use and the risks are greatly exaggerated through the media and government programs. Do research, particularly into the reason why something used medicinally for thousands of years is banned and use of which is treated as a major crime

Effects on Daily Life

weed doesn't make you lazy. being a lazy person makes you lazy.

i approve of the spread of unbiased knowledge. OP does not.

you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 03:02 PM, Sanch wrote: i have a stable career, relationship and a stock portfolio and i regularly use marijuana, alcohol, and other drugs. this image is cute. seems like someone sexually frustrated made it.

The image is about stoners, not users. But hey, this is where most people say "Michael Phelps smokes pot so it's obviously okay."

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Sanch
Sanch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 03:05 PM, Ilssm wrote:
overwhelmingly, studies have shown a lot of benefits from marijuana use and the risks are greatly exaggerated through the media and government programs.
But how do we know those studies aren't biased as well, hm?

because there are things such as peer reviews, universities, doctorates, etc. we're not talking about your school newspaper here.

also a lot of said studies were done by the US government in the 20th century, who were actually biased AGAINST liberalization of marijuana laws and embarrassingly enough found results against their agenda.

At 1/29/12 03:06 PM, Markface wrote:
The image is about stoners, not users. But hey, this is where most people say "Michael Phelps smokes pot so it's obviously okay."

a stoner is slang for someone who smokes weed. there is no defined standard to be deemed a 'stoner'. Many current and former 'stoners' are also inventors, musicians, politicians, and religious leaders. The person on the left of that image is unmotivated, but not because he likes to relax a certain way.

No one here is saying anything about Michael Phelps or making excuses for weed use.

In fact the only people making shit posts here are the ones who just gotta say how they HATE WEED USE and ALL REEFER FIENDS ARE SCUM and they MAKE EXCUSES when really the only ones being ignorant and stupid are themselves.

Shit like this:

Don't try to convince NG stoners to see the facts, they're stubborn as a mule.

It boggles my mind that people in the 21st century can be this stupid.

you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Musician
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

OP, what is the source? This text said a few truths covered in massive amounts of bullshit.

BBS Signature
LardLord
LardLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 03:17 PM, Sanch wrote: It boggles my mind that people in the 21st century can be this stupid.

It boggles my mind that people like putting smoke in their lungs.

life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:19 PM Reply

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation~

Weed Facts For Teens

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
420SWED
420SWED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:25 PM Reply

my ass. i toke and have a job and i know people who smoke weed and are living a great life.

i will form my foot in your ass!

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 03:24 PM, Ilssm wrote:
It boggles my mind that people in the 21st century can be this stupid.
I just find it kind of sad people would want/need to use weed, or any drug/substance for that matter, legal or otherwise, to make them happier/feel good and/or relieve depression, when in reality they can get that feeling or something similar to it from doing sometime worthwhile.

Although, that's just my opinion, I can't control you, so you do what you want.

I too find it sad that people enjoy feeling good and somehow that effects my emotions. I guess Im jealous of people having a good time?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 03:17 PM, Sanch wrote: Many current and former 'stoners' are also inventors, musicians, politicians, and religious leaders.
No one here is saying anything about Michael Phelps or making excuses for weed use.

Well this is sort of what I mean. They quote lots of famous stoners that hold respectable careers to sort of validate the use of pot.

You guys always seem far too defensive about this. But I'll just leave it there.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

I can't wait to go for a walk and then feel the effects of marijuana. Then I'm going to complete my homework and feel the effects of Oxycodone. Why do these insane people take drugs?!

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM Reply

lol lungs. Like you have to smoke it.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

Smoking's bad, Mmkay?

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

i haven't smoke in months

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
420SWED
420SWED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 03:57 PM Reply

well since this is a weed thread anybody in calgary know someone that can sell me some?

i will form my foot in your ass!

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:10 PM Reply

Drug-free here so it's all cool.

Psil0
Psil0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

The only thing I have against weed is when people saying it makes them more creative. That's just bull shit, when you're high you're too lethargic and lack the attention span to be creative. And I know this from being high and working with musicians who were high.

Smorsh
Smorsh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 03:19 PM, LardLord wrote:
At 1/29/12 03:17 PM, Sanch wrote: It boggles my mind that people in the 21st century can be this stupid.
It boggles my mind that people like putting smoke in their lungs.

This implies that marijuana is just smoked. You don't need to smoke it, there are other ways of taking it in.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.
Free sexay prons!
Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 02:45 PM, Nintharmed wrote: Effects on the Lungs

Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke.

Source?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 04:13 PM, Smorsh wrote: This implies that marijuana is just smoked. You don't need to smoke it, there are other ways of taking it in.

Also hahahah what

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 02:45 PM, Nintharmed wrote: Effects on the Heart

Marijuana increases heart rate by 20-100 percent shortly after smoking; this effect can last up to 3 hours. In one study, it was estimated that marijuana users have a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of heart attack in the first hour after smoking the drug. This may be due to increased heart rate as well as the effects of marijuana on heart rhythms, causing palpitations and arrhythmias. This risk may be greater in aging populations or in those with cardiac vulnerabilities.

In which case, if you have a low blood pressure like myself, this shouldn't be a problem and might actually work as an advantage as fast flowing blood will heal wounds faster than slow moving blood, which can clot and kill you.

Effects on the Lungs

Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which further increase the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. Marijuana smokers show dysregulated growth of epithelial cells in their lung tissue, which could lead to cancer;6 however, a recent case-controlled study found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung, upper respiratory, or upper digestive tract cancers. Thus, the link between marijuana smoking and these cancers remains unsubstantiated at this time.

Nonetheless, marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, and a heightened risk of lung infections. A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers. Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Has anyone ever thought to turn this shit into a tea?

Effects on Daily Life

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In one study, heavy marijuana abusers reported that the drug impaired several important measures of life achievement, including physical and mental health, cognitive abilities, social life, and career status. Several studies associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.

Usually when people say "it effects your daily life", the claim is not based on performance restrictions but rather because smoking pot is, simply put, a social taboo.

However, when people claim that it does effect performance like you have, you need to cite research sources so we can investigate and verify these so called "facts".

life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 04:18 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 1/29/12 04:13 PM, Smorsh wrote: This implies that marijuana is just smoked. You don't need to smoke it, there are other ways of taking it in.
Also hahahah what

Vaporizing or an edible form which can be a drink, food, or pill. You can even inject it if it's prepared correctly! Who woulda thunk that marijuana is a drug that can be taken in many ways like any other one!

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

This thread, is full of people who are completely ignorant. I mean, a drug that is less harmful than tobacco and alcohol, and yet people are still against it. Why? Because the Government says it's illegal? You're a proper dick head if you believe everything the government says it right. Remember SOPA?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Zeppelyn
Zeppelyn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

Shut the fuck up with the weed threads jesus fucking aaaaaaaaaafsdgdhdrhreg
*brain explodes*

My Art.
(Most of it's old shit)

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Weed Facts For Teens Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Who gives a fuck what other people do, live your own life.

BBS Signature