00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Convert lines to Fills problem?

2,490 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Convert lines to Fills problem? 2012-01-29 14:01:50

So, I drew some shit with the Pencil tool, and when I try to convert the Lines to Fills it messes it up entirely.

Either the endresult becomes a few fills (and by few, I mean, it erases 90% of the linework)
Or it fixes it all perfectly, but fills empty areas of the drawing with a bunch of fill where there really was no intention of having there.

Either way, the real question is, why does Flash mess up my converting? Is it because I'm trying to convert a bunch of lines at once, or is this a regular problem? I feel as though I've experienced this a lot, and am very tired of it.. Anyone got any ideas?

Response to Convert lines to Fills problem? 2012-01-29 14:32:08

You could try only converting a few lines at once to troubleshoot, but other than that I got nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Convert lines to Fills problem? 2012-01-29 16:13:05

Yeah, I've had that happen before... the way I got around it was by making smaller selections of various areas until enough was done that I could select the rest and convert that. Sometimes if the stroke is too big it will go all wonky too. In that case, I do it in smaller increments. My guess is it's just too much for the app to handle, or interpret ...or something like that.

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Convert lines to Fills problem? 2015-03-16 17:37:04

I think I have a workable solution that seems to do the best that can be had in this situation!

I've been struggling with this "glitch" a lot my self, and just found this:

If you select your lines in one inch wide (I'm at 100% ish zoom) strips, like up and down, thin but long segments, and group each one, then go inside the group and convert the lines, you should experience minimal breaking. Then you can just back out and ungroup everything after you're all done.

I've found that if you select something, and convert the lines as is without grouping, it breaks the connection between the new fills and the remaining lines, giving a muddly quality to it all. The group method seems to do the trick, particularly when done in long strips.

Hope this helps :D

Response to Convert lines to Fills problem? 2015-03-16 17:42:04

Oh. Well, I dunno, it just made more problems for me, so, be wary XD Dangit! I thought it was solved