New Topic Respond to this Topic
ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Honest Critique 2012-01-28 19:22:30 Reply

I need an opinion on this Animatic Ive worked very hard on it and was just wondering what someone else thought about the drawings, animations, or story in general. I will be counting on your suggestions.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
bonkanailios
bonkanailios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 15:05:00 Reply

At 1/28/12 07:22 PM, Adeebness wrote: I need an opinion on this Animatic Ive worked very hard on it and was just wondering what someone else thought about the drawings, animations, or story in general. I will be counting on your suggestions.

my thoughts depend heavily on how long you have been drawing.

ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 16:01:47 Reply

At 1/29/12 03:05 PM, bonkanailios wrote:
At 1/28/12 07:22 PM, Adeebness wrote: I need an opinion on this Animatic Ive worked very hard on it and was just wondering what someone else thought about the drawings, animations, or story in general. I will be counting on your suggestions.
my thoughts depend heavily on how long you have been drawing.

Uhh? Ive been on this for about a week, most of my focus is on the movements since it is just wire framing

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
nathanielmilburn
nathanielmilburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Artist
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 16:19:53 Reply

If it's just an animatic, then I wouldn't worry about animating at all. An animatic should just show storyboards timed out into something you can reference when you start animating. You just want to get the timing down.

If you really wanted to animate in an animatic, then just do key poses and ignore inbetweens for now. Take one step at a time.

ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 17:16:50 Reply

At 1/29/12 04:19 PM, nathanielmilburn wrote: If it's just an animatic, then I wouldn't worry about animating at all. An animatic should just show storyboards timed out into something you can reference when you start animating. You just want to get the timing down.

If you really wanted to animate in an animatic, then just do key poses and ignore inbetweens for now. Take one step at a time.

That usually works for simple stuff but im trying to develop fast action paced fights, alot of fluids animation etc.. anyways I will do less inbetweens thanks

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 19:51:49 Reply

For fast-paced fights its all about the timing and throwing in animation into the mix for an animatic is going to make it harder to time just right.

Current Projects
Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)
Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 20:35:14 Reply

i have to agree with nathaniel, thats hardly an animatic but rather a rough animation

in an animatic you time stuff with little to no real animation and tune details like interesting postures and such, and my critic is mainly because is not properly timed

but it happened to me too, i did an animatic without knowing what im doing, so there is no learning until you did it, so hopefully youll get the hang of stuff

because you are missing the point there, i can hardly tell whats going on, and i dont mean graphicwise which is ok, i just cant settle and follow the story, after some practice i got to understand that animatics are all about storytelling drawings, that sounds dumb, but holds some deeper meaning once you learn how to use it... dunno, im shifting hobbies though

also, animatics are to be done real quickly, just to sketch whats going to happen to the extent you may loose interest if you dont actually animate something plus for a fight i dont really care whats going to happen, id rather think of it on the fly, like playing with action figures - so aftertrying stuff i settled for making a bit of animatic and making the rough animation on the go

here is some rough animation of mine made out of an animatic

tl;dr: you know, super close to 2

ama gon chill

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 20:36:52 Reply

oh wow, im retarded

ama gon chill

ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 21:19:15 Reply

in comparison it's pretty horrible, but I was trying to do something like this.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
Lugen
Lugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-29 23:17:35 Reply

At 1/29/12 09:19 PM, Adeebness wrote: in comparison it's pretty horrible, but I was trying to do something like this.

this one feels intense

There are things I do and there are things I want to do. Overall, I just want to live my life and end it the way I want.

BBS Signature
cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 03:02:22 Reply

At 1/29/12 11:17 PM, Lugen wrote:
At 1/29/12 09:19 PM, Adeebness wrote: in comparison it's pretty horrible, but I was trying to do something like this.
this one feels intense

but also not an animatic. He just didn't have the right wording for rough animation

Current Projects
Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)
Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 14:51:45 Reply

At 1/30/12 03:02 AM, cmkinusn wrote:
this one feels intense
but also not an animatic. He just didn't have the right wording for rough animation

exactly, as much as we would love to animate fights like hulalaoo you should know he is not from an english speaking country (hes from argentina) so his vocabulary is really limited, he just doesnt know how to word stuff

animatics are storyboards, LITERALLY storyboards; the only difference is the actions are properly timed so the animator would know what goes where

so as i see your stuff right now, its messy pointless mangled untimed spaghetti, my suggestion is you dispose of that and start something else, of course you had great practice there but that is in no way an animatic nor any part of the animation methodoly and wont do you any good to go on

ama gon chill

bonkanailios
bonkanailios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 14:57:04 Reply

At 1/29/12 04:01 PM, Adeebness wrote: Uhh? Ive been on this for about a week, most of my focus is on the movements since it is just wire framing

No I mean, how long since you as a person first started drawing seriously. In years.

ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 21:52:04 Reply

At 1/30/12 02:57 PM, bonkanailios wrote:
At 1/29/12 04:01 PM, Adeebness wrote: Uhh? Ive been on this for about a week, most of my focus is on the movements since it is just wire framing
No I mean, how long since you as a person first started drawing seriously. In years.

Started this summer.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 22:01:06 Reply

At 1/30/12 02:51 PM, Sacros wrote:
At 1/30/12 03:02 AM, cmkinusn wrote:
this one feels intense
exactly, as much as we would love to animate fights like hulalaoo you should know he is not from an english speaking country (hes from argentina) so his vocabulary is really limited, he just doesnt know how to word stuff

animatics are storyboards, LITERALLY storyboards; the only difference is the actions are properly timed so the animator would know what goes where

so as i see your stuff right now, its messy pointless mangled untimed spaghetti, my suggestion is you dispose of that and start something else, of course you had great practice there but that is in no way an animatic nor any part of the animation methodoly and wont do you any good to go on

I agree with you, ill just end it with in explosion. Killing both bastards, I know hulaloo's a foreigner and given that its not an animatic, it is at least the same concept. But I honestly think at my current work of progression I can pull something decent off, maybe. My main problem was my lack of consideration for distance. I could do basic tweening crap- or drop all my hopes and dreams and join the clock crew. But until than I will go the extra mile and learn the anime style.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 22:05:13 Reply

• Error
    Error by Adeebness

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Ages 13+

This was my first submission, I used a storyboard, granted it was on a piece of paper. Tweens are nice, but I would rather him do back flips, shit bricks, shoot lazers, and transform into a car. Thanks for all the help guys, I will try harder next time.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
ManimeInfinite
ManimeInfinite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 22:55:53 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a925 6dccec5daab1ba8dc9c5e320b233
Ands thats done.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature
Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Honest Critique 2012-01-30 23:57:52 Reply

At 1/30/12 10:55 PM, Adeebness wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a925 6dccec5daab1ba8dc9c5e320b233
Ands thats done.

great, everytime you draw something you improve regardless of the product, congrats. also

keep doing those and you may become a genius...of course right now thats far from perfect, actually, i cant tell what the flying fuck is going on and everything is too fast

but hey, keep it cool

ama gon chill

bonkanailios
bonkanailios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Honest Critique 2012-02-02 01:42:23 Reply

At 1/30/12 09:52 PM, Adeebness wrote: Started this summer.

OH? Well then I would say your doing very well. Just keep smashing it and check out saveloomis "figure drawing for all it's worth" it's a very good book to start with.