New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nick2292
Nick2292
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:11:01 Reply

I've personally never tried it, but i know a lot of people who have, and a lot of my close friends do. The reason i don't smoke is because I see them when their high, and they just become the most annoying people. One girl i know, never wanted to touch the stuff, she tried it, now she smokes it all the time and is just so fucking annoying, all she does is say "I love weed" over and over again. Also I don't care what anyone says, that shit turns a lot of people just fucking stupid, they loose a lot of their long term memory and a lot of people become anxious mother fucker.

>Rant's done.

Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:11:39 Reply

Getting a high, is not required to enjoy yourself.

Why would I change who I am?
To fit in...?
...with other people who do drugs?

I used to smoke pot a long time ago.... but I grew out of it.

I realized that the people who do drugs all the time let it take over their life.

Pretty soon they are asking people left and right.... do you do this?
Why don't you do this its fun... "Dude I was high on this yesterday and..."

No thanks.... its sad

Take weed for example...

Not a day goes by where some pothead douchebag posts on the forums... OMG "weed this" or "pot that"

People who smoke weed almost need to search out more people that smoke in order to make themselves feel better about it. They have to label themselves in their signature or in their username or anywhere they can think of.... they try and send a message "Hey I'm a pot smoker... and I advertise it so you can be my pot smoker friend"

They even have a club here on Newgrounds. Its sad really.

Doing drugs and/or smoking pot is not an activity in itself.
You do whatever drug it is... AND then you go out and do something, to make your experience better.

If you are a loser.... you end up using it as a calling card to make friends...
Hey I smoke pot... I'm cool.

No you aren't.

I don't need to alter who I am to have a good time..... I don't need to "get stupid" in order to impress others or make new friends.

I don't need to get high for any reason.

So why would I?

Its illegal.
Its a waste of money.
It jeopardizes your ability to get a decent job.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:13:43 Reply

At 1/25/12 02:53 PM, Xavon wrote:
Newsflash, your brother did that to himself. Not the marijuana.

Oh I know, but the fact that he smoked got him involved with the wrong kind of people, which lead to him getting shitfaced at parties and being arrested, getting pressured into shoplifting booze, etc. I realize it's his own fault, but if he'd never started smoking in the first place, he'd still be fine.

People who go "There's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't hurt you," apparently don't realize that just because it doesn't cause medical damage doesn't mean it's not harmful.

/rant
Whether your brother had started smoking or not, it sounds like he was bound to fail regardless. Sounds like you're just playing the blame game and Marijuana is the easiest target.

He and I were raised the same way and taught the same values, the difference is that he had friends who started smoking because their mom was an enabler and he got caught up in it.

Also, it's no fucking wonder if he started when he was in 8th grade. Just a couple years too young to be involved in that shit.

Probably, but about 75% of the people I go to school with started when they were younger than him. He actually didn't get in too much legal trouble before the past 2 years, but ever since he's started he's fought with our parents constantly.

Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:40:14 Reply

Because I cant smoke, its expensive and I dont see the point.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:41:14 Reply

I don't have any money, and I'm scared that since I don't have any money and don't know where to get it, I'll end up sucking random dicks.

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
megadoctor
megadoctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:44:01 Reply

I used to smoke daily, from October to 31st of December, so 3 full monts - Every day.
I got sick of it, it gets booring.
No it's not harmfull, No I'm not retarded.

You make your own choices, its up to you to decide if you are going to smoke or not.

LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:44:46 Reply

I can't smoke due to asthma. I don't see the point in getting high because I could instead use the money to buy video games which provide joy for a longer period of time.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:45:43 Reply

At 1/25/12 02:19 PM, Xavon wrote: Have you ever done it before?

I used to do it a lot. I don't do it any more.

Do you believe it's harmful?

Yes.

What do you think about people who smoke?

I don't care whether people do it or not as long as they don't talk to me about stupid shit.

Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:46:21 Reply

At 1/25/12 03:13 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
At 1/25/12 02:53 PM, Xavon wrote:
Newsflash, your brother did that to himself. Not the marijuana.
Oh I know, but the fact that he smoked got him involved with the wrong kind of people, which lead to him getting shitfaced at parties and being arrested, getting pressured into shoplifting booze, etc. I realize it's his own fault, but if he'd never started smoking in the first place, he'd still be fine.

People who go "There's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't hurt you," apparently don't realize that just because it doesn't cause medical damage doesn't mean it's not harmful.

/rant
Whether your brother had started smoking or not, it sounds like he was bound to fail regardless. Sounds like you're just playing the blame game and Marijuana is the easiest target.
He and I were raised the same way and taught the same values, the difference is that he had friends who started smoking because their mom was an enabler and he got caught up in it.

Also, it's no fucking wonder if he started when he was in 8th grade. Just a couple years too young to be involved in that shit.
Probably, but about 75% of the people I go to school with started when they were younger than him. He actually didn't get in too much legal trouble before the past 2 years, but ever since he's started he's fought with our parents constantly.

Who knows, maybe in your situation it was indeed the drugs that changed him; in which case I say sorry dude, your bro couldn't think for himself and do what he needed to have a successful life.

You look like you're fine though, so live on. I too have a brother who got involved with this stuff around the same age as your brother if not a yearish sooner. It ruined him even more, but my perspective is my brother was bound to fail regardless of what he did and whether he used drugs or not. This is where my points come from when I criticize you.

Maybe your brother could have been a decent person without them.

BBS Signature
Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:51:00 Reply

At 1/25/12 03:45 PM, Otto wrote:
At 1/25/12 02:23 PM, Xavon wrote:
At 1/25/12 02:21 PM, CoCo wrote: Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean other people do. A lot of people suffer from serious anxiety because of marijuana.
Define "a lot of people."

I'm not saying they HAVE to enjoy it, I'm asking why don't you? As in, what is the reasoning behind why you do not experiment with drugs and what do you believe these drugs do to a person?

Marijuana has been proven to help a lot with anxiety so I'm confused as to how it causes it in some people but I believe that is just human chemistry, not everyone reacts the same to the same thing.
Marijuana has been proved to cause a lot of anxiety, so what do you want to say to that? I saw a 'substance misuse worker' for a few months, I think she knows it more than you.

She probably does know a lot about it, but look at her job title. How much of the research she's done do you think is biased? I'm not trying to disagree here, actually, I don't doubt that in some people (or even "a lot") get anxiety from smoking. It's not uncommon, but you make it sound like they'll have anxiety for the rest of their lives just for smoking a joint. That is not the case.

I think it's fine you smoke it, I'm pro legalisation, but I fucking hate you people who are insistent that it's fine for everyone. It's not. I totally wish it was, I miss getting high so so much but I got such bad anxieties I was panicking I was dying/having a stroke/had blood clots all the time. It's only gotten better since I stopped smoking it.

I hope you're not grouping me in with the "insistent" people, because that's not what I'm trying to come off as. I'm just trying to say some people can handle it, some people can't. I only care about the reasoning behind using drugs or not.

P.S. by a lot of people he's not giving out percentages, he's just saying a lot of people which is totally true.

Yes, and by that it would be accurate to say "Hitler didn't kill very many people." which is totally true when you look at the population of the world.

BBS Signature
Phantox
Phantox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:54:54 Reply

Because it's a waste of money and I'm too athletic to do something that could hinder my athleticism

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:58:03 Reply

The only reason I am high on one substance or another all the fucking time is because I can't be arsed to seek out said substances. I know it'll probably kill my gains, but to be honest I'm caring less and less about my muscles these days.

I really want to get high near a sketchpad, and see what happens. Sure, it'd be stupid, but as an experiment, right?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:00:34 Reply

At 1/25/12 03:58 PM, Lintire wrote: I am high

*not high. Little tip, kids, is to proofread your posts before you fucking post them.

All the same, even if I had free access to drugs I probably wouldn't use them outside a few experiments, because I can't work at being an artist or whatever if I'm too busy seeing unicorns. Or whatever it is those stoners do.

Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:03:56 Reply

At 1/25/12 03:56 PM, Otto wrote: I totally disagree - what was most reassuring about talking to her was that she knew everything, she'd experimented with everything and had been so deep in the drugs scene that the job she had seemed like the only logical last choice. She was a really sound woman, had only stopped smoking it about 5 years ago and she's had the job for 20 years. No I totally don't believe that's what'll happen, but I know that certain people just don't mix with it well and it can really linger. Anxiety and worry feed anxiety and worry which fuels panic. It's really scary man.

I'm actually really glad that a person like that holds that position, then. Too many times have I been met with biased opinions and fake facts from people put into position just to make you feel weird or bad about what you're doing. Most of them have never even tried the stuff they're talking to you about and I'm really not about to listen to anyone with no experience tell me about it you know?

So that's really good you got someone like that.

I know how anxiety is, diagnosed like a madcat, most of you will probably think it's lame but one of the main reasons I use marijuana is to STOP my panic attacks and to SLOW my mind down because it runs at 250% speed all the time and makes me feel like shit when I can't think straight. Marijuana actually slows it down to a speed I can handle and enjoy and be more laid back and less stressed about all the shit that goes wrong in my life.

Sucks that some people get anxious FROM smoking, I just have anxiety in general and Marijuana stops it for me.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:04:33 Reply

I would try cannabis but if I get anywhere near the smoke I half die due to my asthma.

Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:09:04 Reply

At 1/25/12 03:54 PM, Phantox wrote: Because it's a waste of money and I'm too athletic to do something that could hinder my athleticism

Fair enough.

At 1/25/12 04:00 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 1/25/12 03:58 PM, Lintire wrote: I am high
*not high. Little tip, kids, is to proofread your posts before you fucking post them.

All the same, even if I had free access to drugs I probably wouldn't use them outside a few experiments, because I can't work at being an artist or whatever if I'm too busy seeing unicorns. Or whatever it is those stoners do.

I wouldn't smoke just to draw, it might make it a little more fun but I'm not sure if it'll really help your creativity. For me and my music, it helps a bunch with creation so I would assume it may have an effect but weed isn't going to make you see anything or hallucinate.

If you want to see some really interesting shit, take some psychedelics and grab your sketchpad. That's where all the real funky shit comes from.

The only drug I've ever had that does "the hard full on pop out of the walls and walk around me and talk to me in foreign languages" is DMT. If you ever take that, be prepared for a mindfuck. You'll see stuff you thought was impossible, and when you come out of it you better grab a sketch pad fast because you won't remember it too clearly after a few minutes pass. It's the same drug that makes you dream at night and what is released when you die.

At 1/25/12 04:06 PM, Ilssm wrote:
At 1/25/12 04:04 PM, BumFodder wrote: I would try cannabis but if I get anywhere near the smoke I half die due to my asthma.
Then it's probably not a good idea to smoke weed in the first place.

Bummer man.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:19:13 Reply

I've smoked marijuana for a long time and quit a bit over a year ago because it became a big waste of money, and I enjoy being sober more than I do being stoned.

I smoke cigarettes, because I am hopelessly addicted.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:25:51 Reply

I used to smoke every day for years and then eventually I grew out of it. Nothing about it really appeals to me, since I just get retarded and lazy. I don't find it harmful and think it's laughable when people say it can hinder more than help, like the guy a few posts up who claims he stays away for his "athleticism." Ever heard of Nick Diaz? Yeah, I guess not.

I tried psychedelics for a while and it was an interesting experience, but I like my sanity.

My preference is alcohol, and the only drugs I do are the ones that make you feel more alert and happier. They are way more dangerous than the natural drugs like weed or shrooms, but they're also more fun.

Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:31:38 Reply

At 1/25/12 04:25 PM, Rallard wrote: think it's laughable when people say it can hinder more than help, like the guy a few posts up who claims he stays away for his "athleticism." Ever heard of Nick Diaz? Yeah, I guess not.

Guessing he forgot about Michael Phelps ripping the bong too.

BBS Signature
Sneak-a-Toke
Sneak-a-Toke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:45:25 Reply

At 1/25/12 04:31 PM, Xavon wrote: Guessing he forgot about Michael Phelps ripping the bong too.

Michael wasn't just rippnig any bong, he was ripping an orange label RooR.
That guy has his shit straight

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference II Kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent

The Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 16:46:37 Reply

Because I don't have any.

I'd be snorting 5 pounds of heroin errday if I could.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 17:13:50 Reply

It doesn't interest me. It's just really boring.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 17:35:19 Reply

At 1/25/12 02:19 PM, Xavon wrote: I don't know why NG has this obsession over marijuana lately but I'm seeing lots of mixed shit.

My question to you is, how many of you smoke?

I smoke weed at least 3 times a week, more if possible. I believe weed is almost harmless, but not completely unless you're vaporizing/eating it.

After you answer some questions about Marijuana, what about psychedelics?

I love psychedelics, but it's very rare that I can actually obtain them.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 17:58:23 Reply

I don't smoke. Have I? Of course I have. It's boring and a waste of time.

As for psychedelics, no, I haven't tried them. Yet. I'm wondering if my stomach could actually handle eating some of that stuff though, I've got stomach issues.

BBS Signature
BlackHoleLogic
BlackHoleLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 18:16:14 Reply

No. It only arouses my dopamine chemicals.. Which is not a beneficial purpose.

Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 18:24:44 Reply

At 1/25/12 05:58 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: As for psychedelics, no, I haven't tried them. Yet. I'm wondering if my stomach could actually handle eating some of that stuff though, I've got stomach issues.

Ingesting shrooms can cause something trippers call "gutrot."

There are other ways to take them, you can make an herbal blend tea with the psilocybin still active by boiling them in water, straining, and then drinking it.

You can even eat chocolate candies with psilocybin still active inside. I've done it, they were fantastic and delicious.

It's your mind you've got to worry about, "the fear" creeps up on lots of first timers mainly due to you thinking too much about what you've just put in your body and what it's gonna be like. You just have to be comfortable and around good friends that will pull you out and make you remember you're just on a drug and you should enjoy it, not fear it.

If you have a positive spin on it, it's very hard for it to go wrong.

BBS Signature
NOTunowned
NOTunowned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-26 00:42:03 Reply

marijuana is a waste of time and psychedelic drugs are stupid, shut up poser

NOTunowned
NOTunowned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-26 00:45:55 Reply

there embraced by a bunch of retards who think that when they take it there going to see a bunch of fairies and elves, and that LSD is the next step after magic mushrooms

then they smoke weed and play there stupid video games and make computer rendered fractal images, trippy man... sigh

LilDwarf
LilDwarf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Programmer
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-26 00:47:48 Reply

At 1/25/12 02:19 PM, Xavon wrote: I don't know why NG has this obsession over marijuana lately but I'm seeing lots of mixed shit.

My question to you is, how many of you smoke? if you don't smoke marijuana; why not? Have you ever done it before? Do you believe it's harmful? What do you think about people who smoke?

After you answer some questions about Marijuana, what about psychedelics?

Wow Xavon, I haven't seen a poster who shares the same mentality about this as I do :O I, too smoke two or 3 joints a day, annd I'm fully functional with or without it, and I've been dfoing it since I was 16 as well... I also, like you have tried Shrooms, LSD, Opium (lol), and some others I can't remember lmao , But I true wonder why people look down on people who do these things.

I feel as I am more relaxed and have a clearer mind as I did before. I see some friends or acquantences who spend all day stressed to the bone and worry 24/7 about things that really have no meaning....

Glad to find people who share these kinds of experiences, I encourage anyone to try something new, as long as you have control over your mind!

BBS Signature
TheGrim
TheGrim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-26 00:56:06 Reply

I've done drugs before, but they honestly aren't my cup of tea. It's much more relaxing to be around good friends or the girl that I happen to be with at the time...you'd be surprised at how calming it is to be with the ones you love, to feel their hands in yours, their lips on yours...

Damn I hate being single.

BBS Signature