Be a Supporter!
DanvelopeR
DanvelopeR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 01:24 PM Reply

hey yo so ive been fuckin about with drawing magic circles and was gonna use this for my logo for the art company im gonna run what yall think

magic circles

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 01:24 PM, DanvelopeR wrote: ... what yall think

I think it'd look way better if it was just the lines instead of the red glow around the lines.
also: what kind of company is this/will it be?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
DanvelopeR
DanvelopeR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 01:38 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/24/12 01:24 PM, DanvelopeR wrote: ... what yall think
I think it'd look way better if it was just the lines instead of the red glow around the lines.
also: what kind of company is this/will it be?

just a basic design company I do everything from poaster for movies to shirt designs other logoas essentially what ever pays.

also good thinking so something like this

magic circles

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 01:48 PM, DanvelopeR wrote: also good thinking so something like this

you've still got a bit of glow around it now though right?
I'd just get rid of that alltogether. A good needs to be very clear, so that it works and is recognizable in a variety of different sizes, that's why I'd get rid of the glyphs too. Just stick with the two circles in one and the jaw/cheekbone beneath it.
If you want to make it more fancy for certain occasions you can always do that once you've got a solid clear base logo.
Also note that a logo like this might scare away possible clientele, thinking you only do scary/horror themed design work. So unless that is the demographic you're going for you might want to step away from the magic circles and skull motiff.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
DanvelopeR
DanvelopeR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 1/24/12 02:01 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/24/12 01:48 PM, DanvelopeR wrote: also good thinking so something like this
you've still got a bit of glow around it now though right?
I'd just get rid of that alltogether. A good needs to be very clear, so that it works and is recognizable in a variety of different sizes, that's why I'd get rid of the glyphs too. Just stick with the two circles in one and the jaw/cheekbone beneath it.
If you want to make it more fancy for certain occasions you can always do that once you've got a solid clear base logo.
Also note that a logo like this might scare away possible clientele, thinking you only do scary/horror themed design work. So unless that is the demographic you're going for you might want to step away from the magic circles and skull motiff.

i do see were your comin from but im kinda in business with a friend of mine his idea was the circle mine was the skull so the way he quoted me i cant really change it ive got in black on red its doesnt have a glow i think you just see that becasue its red

magic circles

bonkanailios
bonkanailios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 03:36 PM Reply

This is neat but I wouldn't use it as a logo. I don't understand what your trying to get across with it unless your primary business is going to be tattoo designs.

FrostedMonkeyFlakes
FrostedMonkeyFlakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to magic circles Jan. 24th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Unless your target is Hot Topic I'd have to agree with the other posters that it may give clients to wrong impression. Aside from that I think you may be skating a bit too close to the Greatful Dead logo.

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to magic circles Jan. 25th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM Reply

I think it is a poor choice for a logo. Perhaps it would make a nice graphic if you like it that much, but design is generally more accessible and professional. If you plan on starting a design company, I would go for a simpler and easier to read logo.

What do you notice about logos around you? They are all iconic. They should be something you can doodle on a piece of paper. Most people can do that with Facebook, Monster, YouTube, Reddit, McDonalds, Pepsi, Windows, ETC.

When I look at your logo, I cannot tell what it is, or what it is for. The text is small and slightly illegible. Also, the concept of using pentagrams is somewhat cliche. One company even took it further, and just named their design firm Pentagram.

DanvelopeR
DanvelopeR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to magic circles Jan. 25th, 2012 @ 03:35 AM Reply

wow awesome thanks so much for the out our of support yeah the cirlce was my friends idea i had a simpler one but im kinda doin business with him so i cany change it but im definitely keeping for designs or what have you. also yes apparently alot of people think this too much like the grateful dead logog even though i haven't seen it

alright then new idea the name of the company is dirty majic since im dumb and didnt know it was a g till not to long ago.

i dont want to do anything with magician symbols "ie top hat rabbit gloves cards etc. so if any one has something they can throw out there id apprecaite it