BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Invading iran... what a joke, it's the same "OH GOD IRAK HAS WEAPONS OF ASS DESTRUCTION" that was fed to the american people before, but now you will notice they will avoid using the term. THere is no good reason to invade iran. Oh but they might have bombs at some point, eventually, BETTER PRE-EMPTIVELY BOMB THEM!

Seriously?

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 4/5/12 03:49 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: THere is no good reason to invade iran. Oh but they might have bombs at some point, eventually, BETTER PRE-EMPTIVELY BOMB THEM!

they have the capability and they have proven themselves to be trusted with it Supporting terrorist organizations rigging elections and threatening Allied countries by "wiping them off the map". you think nukes or nuke capability is a good idea?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 4/5/12 07:03 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: they have the capability and they have proven themselves to be trusted with it Supporting terrorist organizations rigging elections and threatening Allied countries by "wiping them off the map".

We already went into Iraq and it wasn't exactly a resounds success...

Mere suspicions, capability, and crazy words of crazy people are very much grounds to distrust a country, and enough to sanction that country, but they're hardly grounds for an expensive military action where victory is hardly a realistic expectation.

TucoM
TucoM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

The worst thing we did about dealing with Iran was getting rid of Saddam Hussein.

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 4/5/12 07:03 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/5/12 03:49 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: THere is no good reason to invade iran. Oh but they might have bombs at some point, eventually, BETTER PRE-EMPTIVELY BOMB THEM!
they have the capability and they have proven themselves to be trusted with it Supporting terrorist organizations rigging elections and threatening Allied countries by "wiping them off the map". you think nukes or nuke capability is a good idea?

As of now, Iran does not have nukes, nor does it have nuke "capability" whatever that means. All reports show that, they also have no intention of attacking anobydy because they know it would be retarded and they have nothing to gain from that, but you hear the us being all like OH GODWE NEED TO ATTACK IRAN ATTACK IRAN.

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 4/5/12 07:03 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:

Lots of countries would rather Israel did not exist. Israel is a large cause of instability in the Middle East. Why wouldn't countries like Iran prefer that Israel didn't exist? But who cares what they want? Iran does not have the capability of wiping Israel off the map. The "They want to wipe Israel off the map" argument is just a mindless scare tactic. In reality, there's nothing Iran can do to stop Israel. Even if they had nukes (which they don't) they couldn't use them against Israel without guaranteed annihilation. Besides, I'm sure Israel would prefer if Iran didn't exist. And they'd be better off if Palestine didn't exist either. Oh wait, they're making that last part a reality.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
OPRI4NIK
OPRI4NIK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 08:14 AM Reply

Oil is the only thing that U.S. interests in the Middle East.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 4/6/12 08:14 AM, OPRI4NIK wrote: Oil is the only thing that U.S. interests in the Middle East.

Libya anyone?

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
stinkychops
stinkychops
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:29 AM Reply

I personally think we should just leave them alone.

I don't want to be drafted into some Army to fight over things I don't care about, and get killed by another man who didn't want any of this.

What you've got to understand is that the people of the country who will be brutalised and killed had little to do with this bullshit. The soldiers who will die fighting for your fear, had nothing to do with this.

I don't want Iran to get Nuclear weapons because that will lead to an arms race in the middle east. The reason I don't want this to happen is because I like peace. Why would I support an invasion of a country, because it looked like they might make some weapons that they might use to hurt us.

/thread

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:39 AM Reply

I'm not an anti-semite or anything but does anyone else think that Iran is a little bit justified for hating Israel?

I mean didn't the Israel take their land or something and then started bombing Muslims and getting away with it or something?

I don't know much about these Middle-Eastern problems so idk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:47 AM Reply

Oh yeah and I disagree with the idea of bombing or invading Iran. It just seems unthinkable to me, it would be a bit of an oppressive and cruel thing to do...

Many people would die, not only from the Middle-East and U.S but any other country that joins in. There would be massive tension and possibly unforeseen consequences from doing something like this too. Western involvement with the Middle-East has already been bad enough, and its bad enough that Israel is doing stupid things out of fear as well and getting away with it just barely.

If the U.S did something like this (and I know they wouldn't) I think we would know who the real terrorists are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:47 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 04:39 AM, Halberd wrote: I'm not an anti-semite or anything but does anyone else think that Iran is a little bit justified for hating Israel?

I mean didn't the Israel take their land or something and then started bombing Muslims and getting away with it or something?

no after World War I the ottoman empire lost a substantial amount of land to pay off war reperations and gave control Israel to britain which made the British Mandate which was promised to the Jews after World War II and Israel was founded to a country after independence of britain and recognized by the UN as a official country and all surrounding muslim countries got butt hurt and attacked israel.

and israel has been under fire ever since if it wasn't for the US.

digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 05:45 AM Reply

At 4/6/12 08:14 AM, OPRI4NIK wrote: Oil is the only thing that U.S. interests in the Middle East.

please prove that show me how much oil we got out of iraq, (that we didn't pay fair market value for.)
personally i think we should of took all the oil from iraq.(or atleast a share for all the blood we shed over there)
i'm sick and tired of people saying "all we want is oil" anytime we talk about military action in the middle east.

ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 06:23 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 05:45 AM, digiman2024 wrote:
i'm sick and tired of people saying "all we want is oil" anytime we talk about military action in the middle east.

What would you rather hear?

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 04:47 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/18/12 04:39 AM, Halberd wrote: I'm not an anti-semite or anything but does anyone else think that Iran is a little bit justified for hating Israel?

no after World War I the ottoman empire lost a substantial amount of land to pay off war reperations and gave control Israel to britain which made the British Mandate which was promised to the Jews after World War II and Israel was founded to a country after independence of britain and recognized by the UN as a official country and all surrounding muslim countries got butt hurt and attacked israel.

No. They had promised the Jews a state in Palestine during WWI if they would revolt, which the Jews did, they also promised the Arabs a state if they revolted, which they did. In the end the Arabs found themselves cut up into many new countries and fighting the British and French to no avail as the British and French used artillery, bombers and chemical weapons on them indiscriminately especially on the civilian centers. In Palestine that happened as well, but there the British got even more intense and would often fill up buses with Arabs then drive them over a land mine as well as using the Arabs as human shields against their land mines. Meanwhile the Jews also began insurgent groups, particularly terrorist ones, and when they committed some pretty big terrorist attacks like the David Hotel Bombing Britain responded by...giving them their own state (and you wonder why people in the Middle East feel terrorism is the answer!). Meanwhile the Arabs who simply felt that the UN would be sensible and not deprive a people who had been living on the land for thousands of years of their land. Now they were just simply ignored. The Neighboring Arab states were outraged at this and invaded, of course don't let the sizes of the countries fool you, the Arab states had very few weapons and combined their armies only numbered half the Israeli force, on top of that they didn't have the training the Israeli's did as the Israeli's got fresh troops from WWII, on top of that they weren't very united and were fighting each other more than the Israeli's and didn't really view the Palestinians as a state just as territory to absorb. The only disadvantage Israel had was that they were surrounded. Thus Israel kicked all their asses.

Nope. They attacked in 1967, but that was more of a miscalculation by Nasser as he probably wouldn't want to go to war when his best troops were fighting in Yemen. Israel was actually almost beat in 1973, but they were able to secure a emergency shipment of arms and munitions and were able to regain their losses. Before 1973 the US didn't give a shit and Israel had been going around as the dominant military power in the region, however due to the Oil Embargo by OPEC the US now had to give a shit about what Israel did and now had to stop it from being assholes to the Palestinians.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 06:23 AM, ClickToPlay wrote:

i for one would rather hear the truth, not that we have heard to truth out of any administration?

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:37 AM Reply

At 4/19/12 12:46 AM, digiman2024 wrote:
At 4/18/12 06:23 AM, ClickToPlay wrote:
i for one would rather hear the truth, not that we have heard to truth out of any administration?

Fine, there are dozens of motives and none of them are as altruistic as the Bush administration painted it. It's also about gaining another sphere of influence in a hostile area. We have Israel but wouldn't it be nice if there was an American ally in Iraq? Well, you can't bomb a country for years and years and expect them to like you so I guess that never happened. But if we did have an ally there, that would open up all sorts of trade opportunities and give us access to cheaper oi--- Oh fuck!

BBS Signature
digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 4/19/12 03:37 AM, MrFlopz wrote:
Fine, there are dozens of motives and none of them are as altruistic as the Bush administration painted it. It's also about gaining another sphere of influence in a hostile area. We have Israel but wouldn't it be nice if there was an American ally in Iraq? Well, you can't bomb a country for years and years and expect them to like you so I guess that never happened. But if we did have an ally there, that would open up all sorts of trade opportunities and give us access to cheaper oi--- Oh fuck!

ok so by your own words israel is our only all in the mid-east. what about saudi arabia and kawait? who both have oil and sell it to us. i guess in your head oil is the only thing you can think of. looking back i agree we shouldnt of invaded iraq but hind sight is 20/20 at the time we were not the only ones who believed iraq have WMD several other countries believed so to and considered it a threat. iran can stop this shit tomorrow by letting the un inspectors in and giving the full access to thier nuke program. why are they not doing this? (they are doing the same shit sadaam did leading up to the iraq war.) i think they want us to attack them so that they can attack israel with out it looking like they are the agressor.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 10:33 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 04:47 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: no after World War I the ottoman empire lost a substantial amount of land to pay off war reperations and gave control Israel to britain which made the British Mandate which was promised to the Jews after World War II and Israel was founded to a country after independence of britain and recognized by the UN as a official country and all surrounding muslim countries got butt hurt and attacked israel.

That is a massive distortion of facts that the pro-Israel side trots out all the time. It ignores the massive amount of fuckery Britain did to both sides in basically promising both of them the same property, taking the money, and then fucking off with it to allow the two of them to fight to the death. If you've ever read, or seen the Dr. Seuss cartoon about the Sneeches, Britain is the huckster with the machine, and the Israeli's and Palestinians are the Sneeches. This also ignores that Israel is just as racist and wants just as much for her Muslim neighbors to fuck off and rot in a shallow grave. I'm getting sick of the idea that it's only the Muslim side that's filled with racists who think the only good guy on the other side, is a dead guy.

Riiiight, because Israel doesn't have a military, bombs, intelligence services, and all the other modern toys that they're opponents for the most part well...don't.

Don't act like Israel is some small little country bullied by her big bad neighbors. It's a distortion that needs to stop. Israel defends itself just fine.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

Saudi Arabia is more of a pseudo-ally, like China.

BBS Signature
Ranger2
Ranger2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 1/21/12 08:38 AM, Korriken wrote:
It would be in the world's best interest to invade Iran, destroy their navy, destroy the enrichment centers, and either kill their scientists or force them to defect. Toppling the government is optional.

I agree with you on your points above, but we should not invade Iran. Definitely not.
If we invade Iran we'll be responsible for capturing cities and putting Iran's resources under our control. You can't just "back off" from that; otherwise Iran will claim it as their victory "Look, they captured our cities but now they're retreating! Allah bless Iran!"
Killing their scientists, destroying their enrichment centers, and cutting off their supply routes are much more preferable.
Or just do what we did with Iraq in 1993 and 1998: bomb them.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM Reply

There's also the fact that they're continues to be no credible or compelling evidence Iran even HAS a nuclear program...just today a top Israeli General went on record disagreeing with the PM over the whole idea of an Iranian invasion saying there's no credible program, and no reason to invade, but that Israel will do it anyway.

Saying "it's only a matter of days, not years". That's more then a little scary to me.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 06:43 AM Reply

At 4/26/12 10:22 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: There's also the fact that they're continues to be no credible or compelling evidence Iran even HAS a nuclear program..

Of course not it's all a dream.

the proof just isn't there.

Why Iran should be invaded

Feoric
Feoric
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:15 AM Reply

I haven't seen such uninformed people in my life. Do you not know that Iran is entitled to nuclear research? And, wow, you posted a picture of...centrifuges? Do you even know what they are? Do you have any understanding of nuclear physics and/or nuclear warfare? Because if you did, you would know that NOBODY is going to make a uranium-based nuke. Plutonium-239 is a much better weapon fuel. A U-235 bomb would just be a publicity stunt to scare people who have no idea about nuclear weapons. The IAEA is watching Iran like a hawk and if they get even CLOSE to weapons-grade uranium you can bet there will be a huge stink about this. It's pretty sad that Iran is more than likely enriching for nuclear medicine but I can see why you would not want them to have that sort if tech if you hate every country in the middle east besides Israel.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 12:06 PM Reply

Wiki is not credible.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 12:06 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Wiki is not credible.

okay

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 01:34 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 12:13 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 4/27/12 12:06 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Wiki is not credible.
okay

Israel wants any excuse to start a war. And they'll drag us in with them. Really foolish since Israel is so heavily reliant on the United States that their nation couldn't exist without our help. Their decisions could bankrupt America. Israel likes to bite the hand that feeds.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 01:34 PM, MrFlopz wrote: Israel wants any excuse to start a war. And they'll drag us in with them. Really foolish since Israel is so heavily reliant on the United States that their nation couldn't exist without our help. Their decisions could bankrupt America. Israel likes to bite the hand that feeds.

Israel certainly loves to beat their war drums, yes. No disagreement there. That doesn't mean they want an actual war. Maybe they're asking for one by provoking too much, but that part of the world doesn't operate the same way in the West. This is an extremely complicated pissing match involving nations with extremely complex histories with even more complex social/cultural makeups. And, not to derail, but the united states cannot go bankrupt. The US has a fiat currency, which is also the world's reserve currency. Even if politicians were to force a default, the fed would undoubtedly work with the treasury to make sure it didn't happen. It's simply not possible.

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Why Iran should be invaded Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 02:15 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 4/27/12 01:34 PM, MrFlopz wrote: Israel wants any excuse to start a war. And they'll drag us in with them. Really foolish since Israel is so heavily reliant on the United States that their nation couldn't exist without our help. Their decisions could bankrupt America. Israel likes to bite the hand that feeds.
Israel certainly loves to beat their war drums, yes. No disagreement there. That doesn't mean they want an actual war. Maybe they're asking for one by provoking too much, but that part of the world doesn't operate the same way in the West. This is an extremely complicated pissing match involving nations with extremely complex histories with even more complex social/cultural makeups. And, not to derail, but the united states cannot go bankrupt. The US has a fiat currency, which is also the world's reserve currency. Even if politicians were to force a default, the fed would undoubtedly work with the treasury to make sure it didn't happen. It's simply not possible.

I didn't mean we'd literally go bankrupt. But it would just be another dagger in America's staggering economy. The United States is already losing its rank as the number one economic power in the world and war with Iran would certainly drive us down. And yes, you might be right. Israel may simply be intimidating Iran to prove itself to be the dominant power in the region. But I do feel that war between Israel and Iran is approaching.

BBS Signature