Be a Supporter!
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:45 PM Reply

does anyone know any anime thats full of overpowered characters and have fast-paced fighting like dragonball z


I already know about toriko

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

fast-paced fighting

Um sir, I haven't watched DBZ but I've heard it takes them three episodes just to power up one attack.


BBS Signature
ermand
ermand
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Reader
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Bleach, maybe?

I'd rather watch NGE or RahXephon than anything pertaining to DBZ. Well, if I still watched anime, of course.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:46 PM, Austerity wrote: Dragonball GT

coincidentally started airing again yesterday

I know I seen it back in 2005 and its just a sequal


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
ProtomanBlues
ProtomanBlues
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:49 PM Reply

I like how they say Dragon Ball GT is a "new series" when it's like 6 years old


:O

ermand
ermand
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Reader
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:49 PM, ProtomanBlues wrote: I like how they say Dragon Ball GT is a "new series" when it's like 6 years old

It's new to Nick, and they'll capitalize on the word new however they please. GT is the biggest pile of crap i've ever seen, so odds are I won't even tune in for the re-airing... I suffered through it the first time around.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

Yu Yu hakusho I can't believe no one said this yet.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:57 PM Reply

Dragonball Z Kai.


BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:51 PM, II2none wrote: Yu Yu hakusho I can't believe no one said this yet.

roderickii let's watch some yu yu hakusho and when we get bored we can crank up the stereo to the local atlanta RAP station and hear it crank out some TRAP MU$IK while we make love together

it will be really fun

please bby


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:49 PM, ProtomanBlues wrote: I like how they say Dragon Ball GT is a "new series" when it's like 6 years old

Uh, GT's nearly sixteen years old now.


BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:51 PM, II2none wrote: Yu Yu hakusho I can't believe no one said this yet.

I was thinking of this too.
Also, OP Gurren Lagann and Needless are pretty fast paced and extremely awesome.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:01 PM Reply

I have a good idea, what about not watching some 500 episode boring shonen action comedy that moves as slow as a dead tortoise and watching a good anime instead?

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon (in the manga), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Bastard, and some more (got lazy).

YYH wasn't that overpowered, it looked that way but the peak is at the lower-tier DBZ level at best, same with Bleach.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:59 PM, SKHM wrote:
At 1/17/12 08:51 PM, II2none wrote: Yu Yu hakusho I can't believe no one said this yet.
roderickii let's watch some yu yu hakusho and when we get bored we can crank up the stereo to the local atlanta RAP station and hear it crank out some TRAP MU$IK while we make love together

it will be really fun

please bby

are two I's the number two and the word none really that complicated?

Anyway not interested, I likes girls. And what the hell is TRAP MU$IK?


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

Just watch Great Teacher Onizuka or GTO

It don't have many fight but that's one of the best anime ever !!!


-

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 09:18 PM, II2none wrote:
At 1/17/12 08:59 PM, SKHM wrote:
At 1/17/12 08:51 PM, II2none wrote: Yu Yu hakusho I can't believe no one said this yet.
roderickii let's watch some yu yu hakusho and when we get bored we can crank up the stereo to the local atlanta RAP station and hear it crank out some TRAP MU$IK while we make love together

it will be really fun

please bby
are two I's the number two and the word none really that complicated?

Anyway not interested, I likes girls. And what the hell is TRAP MU$IK?

#1 it doesn't matter what you like, you will fall in love with my dead fly looks

#2 trap mu$ik is music by the likes of gucci mane, young jeezy, and t.i.
it is very popular in the atlanta area and "trapping" is slang for drug dealing out of a "trap house"


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 09:22 PM, SKHM wrote:

#1 it doesn't matter what you like, you will fall in love with my dead fly looks

I wouldn't bet on that.


#2 trap mu$ik is music by the likes of gucci mane, young jeezy, and t.i.
it is very popular in the atlanta area and "trapping" is slang for drug dealing out of a "trap house"

You lost me at Gucci Mane.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 09:29 PM, II2none wrote:
At 1/17/12 09:22 PM, SKHM wrote:

#1 it doesn't matter what you like, you will fall in love with my dead fly looks
I wouldn't bet on that.

son i stay dead fly

shows like dbz


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 09:32 PM, SKHM wrote:
At 1/17/12 09:29 PM, II2none wrote:
At 1/17/12 09:22 PM, SKHM wrote:

#1 it doesn't matter what you like, you will fall in love with my dead fly looks
I wouldn't bet on that.
son i stay dead fly

Okay, I'm confused....


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Grub-Xer0
Grub-Xer0
  • Member since: Apr. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Programmer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:46 PM, MushookieMan wrote:
fast-paced fighting
Um sir, I haven't watched DBZ but I've heard it takes them three episodes just to power up one attack.

Doesn't happen in DragonBall Kai


BBS UOTD 2/4/11 | Con los terroristas | Join my Minecraft server at ngmc.teh-non.com!

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 08:46 PM, MushookieMan wrote:
fast-paced fighting
Um sir, I haven't watched DBZ but I've heard it takes them three episodes just to power up one attack.

Yeah but that only happens near the conclusion of a fight against a extremely tough opponent. If you like over the top action you'll get over it.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 10:02 PM, II2none wrote:
At 1/17/12 08:46 PM, MushookieMan wrote:
fast-paced fighting
Um sir, I haven't watched DBZ but I've heard it takes them three episodes just to power up one attack.
Yeah but that only happens near the conclusion of a fight against a extremely tough opponent. If you like over the top action you'll get over it.

i love over the top action and i'm, in fact, a bottom

so you can do your "power" moves all over my body

i am a big fan of vegeta, how about you ?


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
kmau
kmau
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 09:53 PM, Timchik wrote: That one anime with that whine protagonist who fights ridiculous villains with friendship.
Oh wait

Spongebob Squarepants?


BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 10:11 PM, SKHM wrote:

i am a big fan of vegeta, how about you ?

Vegeta's my second favorite character. Arrogant,and intelligent when he wants to be.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 10:20 PM, II2none wrote:
At 1/17/12 10:11 PM, SKHM wrote:

i am a big fan of vegeta, how about you ?
Vegeta's my second favorite character. Arrogant,and intelligent when he wants to be.

would you say he's just like me? i certainly think so

i bet you are gohan as i'm sure you have a lot of power just waiting to be UNLEASHED


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 10:23 PM, SKHM wrote:
At 1/17/12 10:20 PM, II2none wrote:
At 1/17/12 10:11 PM, SKHM wrote:

i am a big fan of vegeta, how about you ?
Vegeta's my second favorite character. Arrogant,and intelligent when he wants to be.
would you say he's just like me? i certainly think so

I don't know you personally so I wouldn't know. anyone could be Vegeta posting in a certain way. Although you kinda blew that from the moment you started suggesting sexual acts to me.


i bet you are gohan as i'm sure you have a lot of power just waiting to be UNLEASHED

Ya know NG has a mature section for a REASON.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

Damnit now you got me rewatching every episode of DBGT


My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:38 PM Reply

At 1/17/12 10:30 PM, fuzzum111 wrote: Damnit now you got me rewatching every episode of DBGT

I thought DBGT have some good ideas, problem is that like some good ideas...it wasn't executed well.

SSJ4 Goku gets cut by a glass

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:44 PM Reply

Fist of the North Star.

The protagonist, Ken fucking BLOWS PEOPLE UP by punching them. And it doesn't take 22 minutes of him remembering his past fights to do it.


BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to shows like dbz Jan. 17th, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

Yu Yu Hakusho is way better than DBZ.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature