New Topic Respond to this Topic
powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:45:53 Reply

Lately I've been reading loads of Creepypasta online, only to kinda realize that they're...well... a tad bit overrated. Now don't get my wrong here, I LOVE creepypasta, but it seems rather off how people react to them. For example, I read BEN DROWNED not too long ago, didn't get scared at all, but it seems that tons of people call it the scariest of all the creeppastas. Either I'm a tad bit used to scary stuff, or alot of the people who say it's the scariest are just not used to it. Now I don't read very much creepypasta because my choices for good or moderately decent are narrowed down to Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre. Trust me, I think it would be best if I strayed away from those two.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick
Check out my Reddit, dudes.

robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:47:18 Reply

Okay... this sounds more like something you'd put in a blog, there's really nothing to be discussed here.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:48:46 Reply

What the... fuck?

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:48:49 Reply

I could never bring myself to waste time reading those. Only read a few out of curiosity, shit's boring.

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:54:22 Reply

Run on sentences,lack of grammar.. you are in middle school I see.

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:54:49 Reply

At 1/17/12 06:49 PM, Ilssm wrote:
At 1/17/12 06:47 PM, robotking98 wrote: Okay... this sounds more like something you'd put in a blog, there's really nothing to be discussed here.
Well that depends. Maybe he is trying to see what others think when it comes to Creepypasta?

Anyways, I get scared when I read them, and idk why. Sometimes I even have nightmares.

God I'm such a wuss

DING DING DING! I am trying to see what people think! Also, I don't think I remember having a nightmare because of any creepypasta.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:56:30 Reply

Cool story bro. I'll be sure to keep this interesting thread in my memories.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
comicretard
comicretard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:56:51 Reply

Can I get some links to your creepy pasta stuff? Also, I heard there was something really scary on youtube or something called 'Marble Hornets'. Haven't checked it out yet.

Click the image below to check out my webcomic, OVERKILL! - Best Threads Ever!
David Brown//ComicRetard

BBS Signature
PIED3
PIED3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 18:59:32 Reply

At 1/17/12 06:56 PM, comicretard wrote: Can I get some links to your creepy pasta stuff? Also, I heard there was something really scary on youtube or something called 'Marble Hornets'. Haven't checked it out yet.

You have to have to be very patient to watch Marble Hornets, it's like "The Blair Witch Project" (which was fairly bland and uneventful already) with 13x more filler. I found it more tedious than scary, and only watched a few. Link.

BBS Signature
powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 19:09:50 Reply

At 1/17/12 06:56 PM, comicretard wrote: Can I get some links to your creepy pasta stuff? Also, I heard there was something really scary on youtube or something called 'Marble Hornets'. Haven't checked it out yet.

Yeah, I've heard of Marble Hornets, but I've never bothered to actually watch it. I have read a Slenderman creepypasta though, but I don't recommend it; It's not very good.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 19:22:20 Reply

Well, I personally go on a very large collection of them which is a wiki dedicated to collecting creepypasta, and they even have OC members write, which is, to say, creepypasta that won't be found anywhere else because they write it for the site, I'll link you via PM.

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 19:25:17 Reply

At 1/17/12 07:22 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Well, I personally go on a very large collection of them which is a wiki dedicated to collecting creepypasta, and they even have OC members write, which is, to say, creepypasta that won't be found anywhere else because they write it for the site, I'll link you via PM.

You mean Creepypasta Wiki? That's where I read my creepypasta.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 19:26:42 Reply

At 1/17/12 07:25 PM, powerdude964 wrote:
At 1/17/12 07:22 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Well, I personally go on a very large collection of them which is a wiki dedicated to collecting creepypasta, and they even have OC members write, which is, to say, creepypasta that won't be found anywhere else because they write it for the site, I'll link you via PM.
You mean Creepypasta Wiki? That's where I read my creepypasta.

Oh dude, yes, I have like over 12 pastas on there I wrote myself. I go there all the time.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 21:20:31 Reply

At 1/17/12 06:45 PM, powerdude964 wrote: Now I don't read very much creepypasta because my choices for good or moderately decent are narrowed down to Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre. Trust me, I think it would be best if I strayed away from those two.

Creepypasta =/= grimdark gore stories.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-17 21:33:03 Reply

AND THEN EVERYTHING WENT HYPER-REALISTIC

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-18 14:52:08 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:20 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 1/17/12 06:45 PM, powerdude964 wrote: Now I don't read very much creepypasta because my choices for good or moderately decent are narrowed down to Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre. Trust me, I think it would be best if I strayed away from those two.
Creepypasta =/= grimdark gore stories.

Not always. I mean sure, they ARE grimdark, but they don't exactly have to be gory or violent. Extreme violence and gore isn't always the way to tell a creepypasta.

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-18 14:53:29 Reply

At 1/17/12 09:42 PM, Timchik wrote: They're really scary, but this is the scariest:
"So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?"

I've read that before. I've even seen a comic based off of it.

Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-18 14:54:01 Reply

And here I thought the BBS was going to take an intellectual upswing.

Fuck this is stupid.

Darthleather
Darthleather
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-18 14:55:23 Reply

What is creepypasta? Is it a scary story you just made up? We used to call those campfire stories.

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-18 14:56:57 Reply

At 1/17/12 06:54 PM, MisterWonderful wrote: Run on sentences,lack of grammar.. you are in middle school I see.

what are you talking about? the grammar in the OP isn't horrible or anything. if you're going to be a grammar nazi then why dont you actually type well? your sentence probably has half as many mistakes as his whole paragraph.

BBS Signature
Strawberrysab
Strawberrysab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-18 18:15:13 Reply

I don't care for Creepypasta, I used to have a hate for youtube poop as well, but I am starting to develop a tolerance for it. But, while looking through generic hotel mario nonsense, I found a video creepypasta and a story in the desciption. I shouldn't post the story here, it'd take up too much space. The video didn't scare me at all at first, but it has been creeping up on me lately during insomniac nights. Here's the video: Hotel Mario Creepypasta

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-19 15:51:16 Reply

At 1/18/12 06:15 PM, Strawberrysab wrote: I don't care for Creepypasta, I used to have a hate for youtube poop as well, but I am starting to develop a tolerance for it. But, while looking through generic hotel mario nonsense, I found a video creepypasta and a story in the desciption. I shouldn't post the story here, it'd take up too much space. The video didn't scare me at all at first, but it has been creeping up on me lately during insomniac nights. Here's the video: Hotel Mario Creepypasta

All that is is an edited version of a clip with weird noises and sounds and whatnot. That's not very scary. The only thing that scared me in the slightest way possible was the louder noises that came outta nowhere. Aside from that, I don't see how that could really scare anybody.

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 16:34:41 Reply

At 1/18/12 02:55 PM, Darthleather wrote: What is creepypasta? Is it a scary story you just made up? We used to call those campfire stories.

Creepypasta is a scary story online, there are many of them, and they go ranging from light horror to HOLY CRAP THIS IS FREAKING SCARY.

therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 16:39:57 Reply

the candle cove creepy pasta is worth checking out. Also search on youtube for candle cove..shit so fucked up

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 17:05:25 Reply

I appreciate the concept of creepypasta - quick 5 minute zingers at most - and OP, if you've been desensitized by them then you really don't need to read anything else to do with horror.

The worst creepypastas are still better then half the "horror" story shite that exists.

jonathanfis
jonathanfis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 17:17:58 Reply

Read Jeff The Killer

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature
Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 17:21:27 Reply

the trick is to read them in a dark silent room with your back turned towards most of the room, make sure its nighttime and open the shades for added creepy.

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 17:54:40 Reply

At 1/20/12 05:17 PM, jonathanfis wrote: Read Jeff The Killer

I already did bro. I actually completely ADORE that story, it's well written and well told. The only problem is that it's not actually very scary. As the story unfolded and it progressively made more sense, I just kinda shrugged and didn't really care for that. In other words, It's okay-ish for what it's trying to be, but more interesting and well developed as just a story, and nothing more.

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 17:59:11 Reply

At 1/20/12 04:39 PM, therealanimator wrote: the candle cove creepy pasta is worth checking out. Also search on youtube for candle cove..shit so fucked up

As of right now I've read every Candle Cove creepypasta I could find, and watched the screaming episode on Youtube. Screaming episode only mildly effected me (aside from how freaking loud it is), and the Candle Cove stories scared me a tad bit, but were better in the sense that there's alot to say about it and that what's already been said is interesting enough as it is.

Nemo103
Nemo103
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Creepypasta 2012-01-20 17:59:36 Reply

At 1/17/12 06:48 PM, MushookieMan wrote: I could never bring myself to waste time reading those. Only read a few out of curiosity, shit's boring.

Nah, some of them are really interesting