• 9 Replies
Manwhxre
Manwhxre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Downloads but no votes? Jan. 16th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM

I uploaded a little loop and it is saying it has been downloaded 3 times, but no one has voted on it.

Is it like a glitch or something or are people actually downloading it? :L If so, can I check who?

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 16th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM

It happens. Certain other sites, and apps download them in order for people to hear them. and yes sometimes people will download without voting.

Manwhxre
Manwhxre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 16th, 2012 @ 07:06 PM

Seems like a bit of a shitty thing to do. ): Ah well.

Ignyte
Ignyte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 18th, 2012 @ 12:18 AM

Personally, I think that anyone who wishes to download content from an NG artist of any kind should:

1: Be a registered user, and
2: Have to vote first before downloading.

That way it's those who put in the effort to be apart of the community get the right to download what they like, and to have to vote before downloading helps the artist out as it shows the appreciation of those who like it enough to download.

Voting really isnt hard, but it's also easy to ignore, so if one has to vote before downloading it for themselves it makes sense to ask them to vote as well.

After all, it's not hard...

Click for my Youtube Channel.

BBS Signature
Klokinator
Klokinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 20th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM

At 1/18/12 12:18 AM, Ignyte wrote: Personally, I think that anyone who wishes to download content from an NG artist of any kind should:

That way it's those who put in the effort to be apart of the community get the right to download what they like, and to have to vote before downloading helps the artist out as it shows the appreciation of those who like it enough to download.

Voting really isnt hard, but it's also easy to ignore, so if one has to vote before downloading it for themselves it makes sense to ask them to vote as well.

After all, it's not hard...

I agree to both of those. Furthermore...

1. If someone votes on something, their vote could be seen by an audio moderator.
2. If someone downloads something, the artist should be able to see who downloaded it.

I think those would be useful additions, though the first may not be realistically possible with server resources :P

Hey guys, I'm Klokinator. My forum is http://zeldaengine.net and I'm making a Fire Emblem game with RMXP, and I'm admin of that forum, which is for the Project Zelda Engine.

blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 20th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Personally, I don't feel we need to compel users to engage in a particular activity before they get to fully enjoy my music. If you want to download without voting, I'm cool with it (I see downloads as better than a five vote, since it means someone likes my music enough to make it a permanent part of their collection, and let's be honest, the thought of someone walking around listening to your work on their mp3 player is awesome).

I'm content with the system we have now. I know voting comes with benefits like a possibility of nabbing weekly tops, but personally I just want to know people enjoy my work.

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:47 AM

At 1/20/12 10:27 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Personally, I don't feel we need to compel users to engage in a particular activity before they get to fully enjoy my music.

I agree, but adding just 1 more click to the one click it takes to download isn't gonna hurt anyone.

they could even bring up the 1-5 star after the download initiates, and with one simple click the thing would go away.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
Doctor-Pepper
Doctor-Pepper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:33 PM

Here, gave u a 5 with my voting power of 6 ;)

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:01 PM

At 1/18/12 12:18 AM, Ignyte wrote: Personally, I think that anyone who wishes to download content from an NG artist of any kind should:

who needs the vote you've already made music that's worthy of downloading

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Downloads but no votes? Jan. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

before i close this thread, i'd just like to point out that no amount of changes to the system are going to stop people from finding a way to complain about not being popular/not having enough exposure.