Be a Supporter!

Hello.. My dear friends..

  • 1,178 Views
  • 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 17:16:56 Reply

At 1/14/12 05:13 PM, Natick wrote:
At 1/14/12 05:02 PM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 1/14/12 04:46 PM, Natick wrote: And what's the latest argument on the forums today?
1. Poozy about to ban me again probably.. >_>
Yeah, probably.

2. People thinking that my OP is simple, when it's clearly not.
Because it is?

3. Apparently I'm going to have to hope that I can argue against hope because hoping to oppose against what I can't hope to hope, is not hoping at all.. just me being in denial of the inevitable outcome..
Aside from the mindfuckery you just pulled... What outcome? It seems the people that know you hate your guts anyway so I wouldn't cross my fingers for anything.

4. All of the above + my pretty ol' blush face.. and apparently my evil laughs?
Did you forget this?

I'm not a troll, mate. I'm just different from others. I'm a very light-hearted philosopher who can become really serious when I want to be.

Eh, arguing about hope.. Is like arguing about God. Can't see it.. Can't prove or disprove it.. So.. Might aswell throw the bone and run.

Should I stop using the blush face? Is that the troll face? I would've through the kissing lips would've been more troll material.. >_>


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Writer
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 17:23:33 Reply

I will not respond in the language of Insantuary:

Life is like a shell of a dream, upon which you sit bellowing in gusts of wishes. There are great amounts of unrealistic dimensions of claims upon which Garble ramble gambs. So, in conclusion; i say that you are all stupid and that you mustard enter the dream of mine. Hail me.


Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 17:27:31 Reply

At 1/14/12 05:22 PM, Natick wrote:
At 1/14/12 05:16 PM, Insanctuary wrote: I'm not a troll, mate. I'm just different from others. I'm a very light-hearted philosopher who can become really serious when I want to be.
Well, after reading your posts, you seem light-headed as well.

Eh, arguing about hope.. Is like arguing about God. Can't see it.. Can't prove or disprove it.. So.. Might aswell throw the bone and run.
How exactly is hope comparable to God? If you don't prefer the word, then here are som synonyms: Wish, Anticipate, Dream, Longing, etc.

Not much philosophical merit in there.

Should I stop using the blush face? Is that the troll face? I would've through the kissing lips would've been more troll material.. >_>
They're both frowned upon.

I admit. I'm like.. my own drug. but no. I don't do drugs or drink, mate. I have no reason to. XD

Essentially.. It's like arguing against faith? Which is God's main foundation? Faith.. Have faith in God.. Faith? I mean.. You can hope in what you see.. but the formula of these terms [hope; faith; God] stem from the same ''You can't prove or disprove it''. That was my alleged light-headed point. ^^

Why? I like the blush face. So now you are stereotyping? D:< I shalt use blush for now on.. :C


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 17:37:20 Reply

At 1/14/12 05:02 PM, Insanctuary wrote: 2. People thinking that my OP is simple, when it's clearly not.

I read your OP twice and still I don't see what is so complicated about your point. All you're saying is that it's not good to be too hopeful because you'll just be disappointed later but that being too negative doesn't leave room for enjoying life and that a balance between the two is the best outlook to have. Is there something that I'm missing?

At 1/14/12 05:27 PM, Insanctuary wrote: Essentially.. It's like arguing against faith? Which is God's main foundation? Faith.. Have faith in God.. Faith? I mean.. You can hope in what you see.. but the formula of these terms [hope; faith; God] stem from the same ''You can't prove or disprove it''. That was my alleged light-headed point. ^^

Whether God exists is a debate. Whether hope or faith exist is not. You can prove or disprove that a person is hopeful or faithful by simply asking them or observing them. If they don't have faith in God, then they objectively are not faithful. If they don't believe that the future will be a positive one, then they are objectively not hopeful.

I guess I just don't see what your point is here.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 17:51:55 Reply

At 1/14/12 05:37 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 1/14/12 05:02 PM, Insanctuary wrote: 2. People thinking that my OP is simple, when it's clearly not.
I read your OP twice and still I don't see what is so complicated about your point. All you're saying is that it's not good to be too hopeful because you'll just be disappointed later but that being too negative doesn't leave room for enjoying life and that a balance between the two is the best outlook to have. Is there something that I'm missing?

At 1/14/12 05:27 PM, Insanctuary wrote: Essentially.. It's like arguing against faith? Which is God's main foundation? Faith.. Have faith in God.. Faith? I mean.. You can hope in what you see.. but the formula of these terms [hope; faith; God] stem from the same ''You can't prove or disprove it''. That was my alleged light-headed point. ^^
Whether God exists is a debate. Whether hope or faith exist is not. You can prove or disprove that a person is hopeful or faithful by simply asking them or observing them. If they don't have faith in God, then they objectively are not faithful. If they don't believe that the future will be a positive one, then they are objectively not hopeful.

I guess I just don't see what your point is here.

Essentially, yes. Why do optimistic people go down so fucking hard? Not all of them do, but the majority of them go down passed the pessmism stage when they are struck by an element that takes them out of their comfort zone.

My question is: are they using optimism for an alterior motive to cover something? Same goes for those who are completely negative about this world.

This is the discussion I'm aiming for.


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:08:26 Reply

At 1/14/12 04:40 PM, II2none wrote: In other words people who are overly optimistic are in denial. and the overly pessimistic are to scared of failure to feel optimism.

In a sense.. I guess? I wouldn't say denial.. It seems to be something more than denial.. Not sure though.

Yes, I do agree with this.. but I honestly think there is much more to it than this.. and I'm sure it varies.


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:14:29 Reply

Your threads make me pessimistic.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:22:03 Reply

At 1/14/12 06:14 PM, Slint wrote: Your threads make me pessimistic.

Care to elaborate my nobleman?


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Rallard
Rallard
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:23:45 Reply

Generalizations by the most pretentious NG member. Five star thread, homie!

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:27:57 Reply

At 1/14/12 05:05 PM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 1/14/12 04:44 PM, FairSquare wrote: I don't think it's as black and white as you sketch it. You really exaggerate.
I like to see myself as a optimistic person, because i can see good things even though everything seems bad and terrible.
For me, being optimistic means just that. Not that you can't accept that there are bad things and that some things are just horrible, but being able to acknowledge that without staying bitter and sad for the rest of your life and to keep hope. Hope that there will be better times.
And what would life be without hope?
For me. Being optimistic is like sugar-coating the inevitable variables of life that will not cater to your needs. It's good to have a balance between both positive perception, and negative perception..

How can you stop something you don't see coming, because you are too busy listening to your happy music through your earphones, eh?

Then we have a different view on when someone is an optimist.
Like i said, you exaggerate optimism. You make it extreme. Just like you do with happiness in your other thread. There, you acted like a happy person is (just like you talk about optimistic persons) thinking about love, rainbows, sugar and sweetness 24/7. But it just isn't as black and white as that.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:32:42 Reply

At 1/14/12 06:27 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 1/14/12 05:05 PM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 1/14/12 04:44 PM, FairSquare wrote: I don't think it's as black and white as you sketch it. You really exaggerate.
I like to see myself as a optimistic person, because i can see good things even though everything seems bad and terrible.
For me, being optimistic means just that. Not that you can't accept that there are bad things and that some things are just horrible, but being able to acknowledge that without staying bitter and sad for the rest of your life and to keep hope. Hope that there will be better times.
And what would life be without hope?
For me. Being optimistic is like sugar-coating the inevitable variables of life that will not cater to your needs. It's good to have a balance between both positive perception, and negative perception..

How can you stop something you don't see coming, because you are too busy listening to your happy music through your earphones, eh?
Then we have a different view on when someone is an optimist.
Like i said, you exaggerate optimism. You make it extreme. Just like you do with happiness in your other thread. There, you acted like a happy person is (just like you talk about optimistic persons) thinking about love, rainbows, sugar and sweetness 24/7. But it just isn't as black and white as that.

What? No. I'm saying in a general manner that optimism leads to a greater pessimism, and pessimism is a never ending hole.

How is it extreme, when I'm referring to those who try to map out this world as a positive place when it's both positive and negative?

Sugar-coated was just a metaphor.. .-.

I'm stating that it's unhealthy to create these mindsets when they are severely flawed and end up biting you in the ass when life bites you in the ass..

IMO, optimism and pessimism are escape-goats.


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-14 18:35:17 Reply

I found this to be a very amusing post, and I'll tell you why:

At 1/14/12 05:23 PM, TrevorW wrote: I will not respond in the language of Insantuary:

Life is like a shell of a dream, upon which you sit bellowing in gusts of wishes. There are great amounts of unrealistic dimensions of claims upon which Garble ramble gambs. So, in conclusion; i say that you are all stupid and that you mustard enter the dream of mine. Hail me.

Life is not the shell of a dream, mate.

Why would I bellow wishes? That is the same as hope, and I am against it.

It's funny how you state garble; unrealistic dimensions, when you just stated garble above ^

I never said anyone is stupid. I'm trying to have a lighthearted philosopher thread here. Can you lay off with your false assumptions of me? Pretty please? *:3*


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Writer
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-15 00:36:36 Reply

At 1/14/12 06:35 PM, Insanctuary wrote:
I never said anyone is stupid. I'm trying to have a lighthearted philosopher thread here. Can you lay off with your false assumptions of me? Pretty please? *:3*

Cough.


Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature
TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Writer
Response to Hello.. My dear friends.. 2012-01-15 00:39:56 Reply

At 1/15/12 12:37 AM, Natick wrote:
At 1/15/12 12:36 AM, TrevorW wrote:
At 1/14/12 06:35 PM, Insanctuary wrote:
I never said anyone is stupid. I'm trying to have a lighthearted philosopher thread here. Can you lay off with your false assumptions of me? Pretty please? *:3*
Cough.
No, fuck, don't get him started again...

Opps!


Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature