00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

abobo huge disapointment

4,406 Views | 52 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-13 21:53:02

At 1/12/12 06:07 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I think it's safe to say the people that weren't around back when the games Abobo is paying tribute to were popular won't like it because they never experienced these games in the first place.

Not so fast, almost-heavenly moderator! I know that this isn't the most VALID arguement for this case, but there are always emulators out there for your computers. God though...the controls ought've been from the real NES for what that emulator was worth though...

oh wait...

Help the poor! Help the hungry in Africa!

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-14 09:02:30

I'd like to see all the haters make a better game.

Yeah I said it

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-14 09:47:45

At 1/14/12 09:02 AM, Damien wrote: I'd like to see all the haters make a better game.
Yeah I said it

The word hater? It does make you sound brainless.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-14 10:02:49

Enjoyable enough of a game. Not as wonderful as I'm imagining the guys behind it think it is. It looks nice though.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-14 18:28:52

I got up to the Mega Man part. Not sure how much is left to go, but I think I've seen a fair share of it.

It's pretty decent, but it does have its faults. The graphics are nostalgic and the crude humor is to be appreciated, but I think the main issue is the sheer number of cheap character deaths involved. There were plenty of times Abobo got locked into a beatdown and I couldn't budge him an inch without taking more and more damage. And the lasers during the Mega Man section, anyone who has gotten that far in the game knows the kind of frustration that comes with that rather unforgiving part. Other than that, everything else seemed pretty good, well programmed, and well-executed. I wouldn't say it's the best game ever on NG, but it does have its qualities and I definitely think it's front page material.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-14 18:46:30

At 1/12/12 09:15 PM, UnknownFear wrote: So if you don't like the game, don't play it. Simple as that. Personally, we don't care if you don't like it or not.

if u dont care y did u post in this thred lol

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-14 20:04:49

Did you get past the first level? The game goes into alot of depth. At first I didn't want to play it because Mockery had something to do with it....I hate everything he does. But I would say I actually liked this game....alot. It numerous and varied. Some levels are done less than well but it's pretty good overall.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-15 13:45:02

At 1/11/12 07:47 PM, beakerboy wrote: NG advertised it for like an entire month and it turned out to be a completely unfunny and un-enjoyable flash game that is as complex as the very first mario game.

The very first Mario game had the gameplay of the mario game, this has the gameplay of about 10 different games, thus it is 10 times more complex than the very first mario game.

At 1/11/12 08:04 PM, beakerboy wrote: I can back up my opinion.
Now, let's talk about everything else in the game. You land on a kitten as you fly towards the Earth, you kick a child's head off, I mean this stuff happened within the first 30 seconds of starting the game. It's not funny unless you have a crappy taste of humor with a side of very low IQ. But the thing that made me stop playing the game was the combat mechanics. Alright, I got 4 arrow keys to move, a basic kick and punch attack, and enemies spawn so I can kill them, without knowing who they are and whatnot.

You played the first level, which was in the style of Double Dragon. You didn't play the following levels which were in the style of, Mario, Balloon Fighter, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Megaman, Contra, Zelda, some wrestling game I don't know exactly what it was, and I think maybe a few more but sadly memory has failed me for those currently.

So yea, you "backing up" your claims when you haven't even seen more than a single aspect of the game, then claim the game only has that aspect, is very, very amusing.

At 1/12/12 12:15 AM, FBIpolux wrote: I'm amazed by how much of a moron the OP is. Didn't even bother finishing the first level, yet thinks he can "back up his claims".
Whatever, go watch My Little Pony

Don't lower us to his level. :(

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-15 14:51:56

This thread is incredible. Normally I have to go to 4chan to see people troll this hard.

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-17 12:05:25

This game was amazing... first game iv spent time actually going after all the medals, when they are so many. Alot of the games fun is drawn from the NES refrences, so if u didnt recognise the game u were playing it is obviously less fun, although i was never a zelda fan but i enjoyed it all the same.

I think there is a negative stigma linked to admin suggested games. Although I agree they are not always top notch, I think this game was outstanding and deserves all the praise and attention it is getting. If this was submitted by a random person there would be far less spam against it, people just assume that because its admin backed that it gains unjust praise.

It had great progression, constantly changing game dynamics to ensure it didnt get boring as well as being jammed packed with refrences and hummour. If u do not get these refrences then this is obviously not designed for u era (the pokemon suggestion was particularily retarded) yet i still think this game will be fun regardless of age, especially if u take the time to progress lvls which mr pokemon obviously hadnt.

Im not a NES die hard fan, i was very young when NES was popular, yet i get the refrences, also I dont care wat admins think or post, I judge a game from the enjoyment it brought me, and I thoroughly enjoyed this game

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-17 19:31:34

We are about ot get all of our asses kicked for posting in this thread.

abobo huge disapointment

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-25 22:37:22

i dont know anything about NES so i didnt enjoyed it much.i diead at the zelda level tehni played the hacked version.it was ton of a fun.

i like games

my first language is not english

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-26 14:53:51

At 1/25/12 10:37 PM, vinovin wrote: i dont know anything about NES so i didnt enjoyed it much.i diead at the zelda level tehni played the hacked version.it was ton of a fun.

First, learn to write. Secondly, why on earth would you play a tribute to the NES (which is free) to play an easier version?

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-26 18:58:55

At 1/26/12 02:53 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 1/25/12 10:37 PM, vinovin wrote: i dont know anything about NES so i didnt enjoyed it much.i diead at the zelda level tehni played the hacked version.it was ton of a fun.
First, learn to write. Secondly, why on earth would you play a tribute to the NES (which is free) to play an easier version?

i know how to write i just type too fast and my main language is not english.anyways i played the game cuz i thought it was cool.i also wanted to play the other levels thats why i played the hacked version

i like games

my first language is not english

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-26 19:23:21

Breakerboy You don't deserve the right to review. If your basing a games reception based on how much you laugh you need to go back to youtube with all the other little leaguers. Not to mention your reviews are absolute horseshit in general.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-27 04:01:48

I thought it was pretty good. I must be playing it wrong.

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-27 09:25:22

I liked it.

Wade Fulp replying to me = greatest day of my life

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-27 11:38:27

Honestly, anyone who thinks this flash game is difficult is a clown and the reason video games are so fucking easy nowadays. Thanks to you babbies, the average game is "regenerating health shooting action movie game with possible RPG elements that aren't necessary but are also imbalanced."

I'd understand if the game didn't have checkpoints, which would make its difficulty on par with some of the harder games (like say, Contra without the cheat code). But it has CHECKPOINTS, people! You get to restart the level you were on when you die!

Anyway, I beat it a while ago and thought it was awesome all around.

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-27 17:45:48

At 1/27/12 11:38 AM, Rallard wrote: Honestly, anyone who thinks this flash game is difficult is a clown and the reason video games are so fucking easy nowadays.

To be fair, a hrad game isn't the same as a cheap game. Some developers make sloppy desicions and make terrible placements of enemies/platforms/etc... that make the game simply to hard to win against terrible odds.

Abobo was not this kind of game, but flahs games can be cheap as well.

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-28 18:55:13

Abobo is the greatest videogame to have ever been created. End.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-28 19:32:17

At 1/28/12 06:55 PM, Viridis wrote: Abobo is the greatest videogame to have ever been created. End.

I got addicted to it and wouldn't stop until I beat the game. Then I played the levels again and again. I have 86 of the medals, I think, unless I miscounted.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-28 22:41:09

At 1/27/12 11:38 AM, Rallard wrote: Honestly, anyone who thinks this flash game is difficult is a clown and the reason video games are so fucking easy nowadays. Thanks to you babbies, the average game is "regenerating health shooting action movie game with possible RPG elements that aren't necessary but are also imbalanced."

I'd understand if the game didn't have checkpoints, which would make its difficulty on par with some of the harder games (like say, Contra without the cheat code). But it has CHECKPOINTS, people! You get to restart the level you were on when you die!

Anyway, I beat it a while ago and thought it was awesome all around.

I'm sorry. It's just that the old man from Zelda keeps on whooping my behind. I think he's getting revenge for all those times I killed him in that flash game from 2001 or so.

Response to abobo huge disapointment 2012-01-30 08:37:48

At 1/28/12 10:41 PM, Salnax wrote:
At 1/27/12 11:38 AM, Rallard wrote:
I'm sorry. It's just that the old man from Zelda keeps on whooping my behind. I think he's getting revenge for all those times I killed him in that flash game from 2001 or so.

He was actually not all that difficulty to beat the old man with out the beef ,But you really have to understand the possible hints or patterns.