New Topic Respond to this Topic
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Filmmaker
"oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 08:30:07 Reply

Name some moments in whatever game that make you go "SHIT SHIT SHIT" and wave your arms frantically while fearfully sucking your own thumb while you beg God to rescue you and load your life 5 minutes earlier.

For me it'd always be the "NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED" from StarCraft 1, I don't know why, but I've developed an irraitonal fear of that scary ass voice telling me that some part of my empire is going to be absolutely destroyed and I have to look for a tiny red dot which, if it isn't among the harvesters is going to be impossible to find.
And if your color was Red, you were SCREWED.

In StarCraft 2 this occurence was a lot less scary though, since the nuclear missle was nerfed horrendously.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 09:40:13 Reply

Well what you literally described is more something I do when I'm playing through a game that I've beaten multiple times already and somehow end up at the verge of death because I'm being too careless. Along with that I then realize that I haven't saved my game since an hour ago and will have to redo a lot if I get killed now.

I think the last time was when I did another Final Fantasy 9 playthrough.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 10:18:54 Reply

When your last weapon breaks in Dead Island and you're on top of a vehicle with about four or five zombies around you. Then you have to kick at them all for about ten minutes to kill them all. Even worse if a Ram or those handless zombies are around.

In Pokemon when you get that legendary down in the red and it keeps escaping. You use your weakest move and defeat it. Good thing you can save before hand.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 10:23:10 Reply

Oh fuck me sideways. Why do you need to be here NOW!?

Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 11:01:08 Reply

At 1/10/12 10:18 AM, SCTE3 wrote: In Pokemon when you get that legendary down in the red and it keeps escaping.

Shiny Pokemon would like to have a word with that. Only thing is that you're probably never ever going to see one again if you screw it up, unlike with the typical legendary encounter.

Goddamn shiny Cryogonal. Him and his 25 catch rate.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 11:01:41 Reply

This entire level, man.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 11:26:16 Reply

I don't know how to frantically wave my arms and suck my thumb at the same time.
Also, when you've got an empty clip and no time to reload.

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 11:37:49 Reply

when you turn around and there's a dire bear waiting to maul you

hey

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 11:39:30 Reply

At 1/10/12 11:01 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
At 1/10/12 10:18 AM, SCTE3 wrote: In Pokemon when you get that legendary down in the red and it keeps escaping.
Shiny Pokemon would like to have a word with that. Only thing is that you're probably never ever going to see one again if you screw it up, unlike with the typical legendary encounter.
Goddamn shiny Cryogonal. Him and his 25 catch rate.

I've caught more than enough shinies over time. I have yet to encounter one in Black and White yet. Remember when I got Pokemon Platinum I encountered a shiny Ponyta on my first day. Good times.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 12:00:32 Reply

At 1/10/12 11:01 AM, IrishGun wrote: This entire level, man.

THE HORROR ;___;

Also, when the Nemesis jumps through the window when you're in the police station on Resi Evil 3. That used to scare the shit out of me EVERY TIME. What a dick.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 12:01:37 Reply

At 1/10/12 12:00 PM, Quinny wrote: Also, when the Nemesis jumps through the window when you're in the police station on Resi Evil 3. That used to scare the shit out of me EVERY TIME. What a dick.

Click on my link that I posted in this thread. That sound...

ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 12:15:22 Reply

When a dragon lands right next to you and you are unprepared.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 12:47:09 Reply

In Resident Evil 1, when that one Hunter jumps on to the screen from behind a wall/out of an alcove. I ALWAYS shit my pants when this sucker appears on screen, even though I have beaten the game serveral times...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 12:47:22 Reply

In metroid Prime 2 when you are on top of a ledge and you see Quadraxis a giant fucking robot whoch is not moving and seems not to be working but you know that when you will take that elevator down he will come to life and you will have to fight it, then you hesitate for a while and understand you need to go down, while going down the elevator you say to yourself, "well maybe he won't come to life" then when you arrive at the bottom you realize he is way bigger than it seemed from up there, holy shit he's fuckhuge! Then the cutscene starts and he activates and you cry. OH SHI-

Then the best boss fight ever follows.

Steff
Steff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 13:25:50 Reply

Usually boses, the first boss in Deux Ex HR I started shitting and pissing my pants, he had like tons of HP and I barely had any ammo and ran around like fuck.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 14:06:02 Reply

Probably this one time in Fallout 3. Down in that Hideaway place. There's this long creepy corridor with doors along each side. I killed a few Radscoripions on my way in, then when I reached this corridor, I began opening the doors and looting the rooms, when I came across one which my compass indicated there was an enemy in. I figured it would just be a normal Radscorpion and this was supposed to be some sort of creep moment that wouldn't actually scary. Boy was I wrong.

I opened the door pretty casually, and to my surprised found there was nothing in there, no Radscorpion, nothing. I edged in very slowly, as my compass was still telling me an enemy was there. I peaked around each corner and saw there was no enemy there, so I thought maybe the enemy was in a room just behind this one.

I walked in when HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK - A motherfucking Giant Radscorpion appears out of fucking nowhere RIGHT in front of me. And considering I really fucking hate Giant Radscorpions, I was in a dark room and already the tension was really high, I jumped a mile and almost dropped my controller but managed to pause in time to catch my breath. I probably would have shouted some form of obscenities but my dad was in the room.

Probably one of the scariest moments in a game for me, even though this thread isn't about scariest moment it made me think "SHITSHITSHIT" etc. etc.

FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 14:06:36 Reply

Waking up the Guardians in Skyward Sword. Makes me dread doing each Silent Realm trial.

And I got two more to do.
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 14:08:22 Reply

Uncharted 3's plane scene...holy balls

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 14:17:31 Reply

The scene where you and Maria get chased by Pyramid Head in Silent Hill 2.

You know the one.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 14:58:34 Reply

The first time I encountered this mother fucker.

(Regenerator from Resident Evil 4)

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Akkere
Akkere
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 15:01:15 Reply

Pretty much every near-death in an RPG game that didn't have a (very effective) autosave.

| And just about all of Amnesia

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 15:01:24 Reply

Lickers from Resident Evil 2.

BBS Signature
convict357
convict357
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 15:34:08 Reply

Heavy Rain on the Bulldozer fight scene when you fail to get your Triptocaine, and The Doc level when you're about to get butchered by the Doc then you fight him.

Seriously. that nearly scared the HELL out of me, especially on the Bulldozer.

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature
crazymerio
crazymerio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 17:24:33 Reply

The water section in Amnesia: The dark descent.

I paused the game. and walked away.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 17:33:49 Reply

At 1/10/12 11:01 AM, IrishGun wrote: This entire level, man.

God, I love that level.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 17:35:15 Reply

At 1/10/12 05:24 PM, crazymerio wrote: The water section in Amnesia: The dark descent.

I paused the game. and walked away.

I never even made it through the demo of the game because of that section. But then, I'm no good with pretty much any survival horror games... My heart has never thumped so hard as it did when I got in the water and heard that fucking thing behind me start crashing through the water... I swear I nearly had a heart attack.

As for other games... "Oh Shi...!" pretty much describes every moment I have in Dark Souls... but most notable is when I'm fighting a Knight... Block, takes away all my stam, knocks me off balance then I have a split second to get out of the way of being impaled by whatever weapon he's using to slaughter me with.
It's not as bad now that I have a decent weapon to kill them with, but the first one I fought was felt harder than the early bosses because of my lack of gear. And every time he hit me he took away half my health.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 17:39:54 Reply

When I'm not healed and I get to a boss battle.
Using a shit load of items to heal and then I find a save point where I can use a full restore item.
Getting a game over when I haven't saved In a long time.

Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 18:28:39 Reply

Another one for me probably is from Unreal 1, it has struck in my mind and soul as another irrational fear, the FIRST motherfucking Skaarj in the black corridor who appears out of a hidden chamber and starts putting his long talons up your unprepared cunt, it's not that SHITSHITSHIT nowadays, but I still pretty much dread that whole area.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature
shootmenow1
shootmenow1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 19:11:46 Reply

Anytime in any video game where a boss would appear directly after you just killed a boss -_-.

8====D

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to "oh Shit" -moments In Games. 2012-01-10 21:11:30 Reply

RE5, a guy with a chainsaw. His laughing, his high tolerance to pain, instant kill, plays dead, these guys were bad news.....in the beginning of the game. Eventually with enough upgrading a shotgun blast to the face would stop them. If you want an enemy with lasting horror, consult those damn roaches that regenerate. The only way to kill them is when they expose their weakspot.....usually you just run and hope they don't get you.

Juggernauts in Uncharted 3 multiplayer, if your in the wrong spot or playing siege these bastards will kill your entire team, the fact they never die ads to the tension. 5 clips later and they're still standing.....the only way to kill one quickly is with a cluster bomb between the legs, or unless you turn yourself into a juggernaut as well. One problem, your juggernaut lasts 30 seconds, his is permanent. Think you can take one down in 30 seconds? Probably not.

The dog in Enslaved: odyssey to the west. The damn thing is determined to snap your neck, however it's even scarier when it goes after Trip, then you gotta distract that giant hulking son of a bitch. Most of the game they are invincible, the only way to kill them is if they are boss fights....think of them as nemesis from RE2, follow you everywhere, don't die unless it's crucial to the story.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature