• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 8th, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

NewGrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 - "Retaliation"
Sponsored by NewGrounds
Due date - 8th of February

For more information about NewGrounds Stick Showdown before you join, read the Sign-Up Thread http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1285157

You can join the competition at anytime until the end. Just read that thread and sign up here with an example animation.

Staff
Judges
Pro category - SSJBryando , Pluto, Peter Satera
Intermediate category -SSJBryando , Pluto, Luccas Bode
Beginner category - SSJBryando, Pluto, -Hawk-

Collaboration Compiler: -Hawk- (TeamXHawk)

Please read rules and description carefully before you start animating. Breaking some of those rules may get you disqualified (because we simply can't use your entry).

DESCRIPTION AND PLOT
Introduction (you must not animate this in your entry)
This is the story of a man called Jack Harisson whose brother is killed by the Ash mafia. He goes into their building to fight all the bad guys and get to the top level of the building to kill the head of the mafia.
Your task:
The main hero's color is #000262 (dark blue). He will fight various armed or unarmed opponents of your choice.
At the beginning and ending of your entry animate the hero coming/going up a set of stairs, into/out of an elevator or through a door. He uses a gun as the one in this image: http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pi c_with_logo/52025/52025,1204084757,1/sto ck-photo-black-semi-automatic-handgun-is olated-on-white-9823588.jpg If you're only doing 2-D you can trace the one in the picture. If you're using angles, try to draw as accurately as you can. He can pick up other weapons on his way but he must drop them by the end of your entry. He must still have his gun by the end of your entry. He can kill his opponents. He must not be killed or heavily injured during your entry. You can include many rooms or levels in your entry.

TECHNICAL DETAILS AND RULES
First and probably most important rule of all : Do not show your animation on public forums or websites until the collaboration for the round in which the entry is is released else you will be disqualified. When you finish, you must Private Message me a view link for the .swf to show the judges and a download link for the .fla to use in the collab.
Frame Rate: 24 or 12 FPS
Resolution: 640x480
Minimum length: 10 seconds for beginner, 20 seconds for intermediate, 30 seconds for professional category
Due date: 8th of February 2012
Please use our custom V-Cam (AS2) :
CS3 : http://www.fileize.com/view/c95f6ba5-8c2 /
Flash 8 : http://www.fileize.com/view/90edac54-c62 /
Please rename your symbols to "symbol_yourname" to make the compiling process easier.
Fullbody for human characters is not allowed. Stick and hybrids (semi-body) are allowed only.
You can add music in your entry, but it will only be shown with the music you added to the judges. For the collab, we will replace your music with the collab soundtrack.
You can add an intro to your entry (eg.: "-Hawk- presents : SPT Round 1 Entry). The entry with the intro in it will be shown to the judges, but the intro will be removed in the collab.
No advertising anywhere in your entry
No sexual themes

Good luck everyone ! The results of the current round as well as the current overall scoreboard will be announced a few days after the end of the round.

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 8th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

the other thread is deleted, how can i join this one?

PixelsGame
PixelsGame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 8th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 1/8/12 04:53 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: the other thread is deleted, how can i join this one?

It's not deleted, just mistyped, here's the actual link http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1285 157

Looks good, I might give it a go...

Armorstick
Armorstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

Hey Hawk, i have a question for the Tournament.
You said tracing the Picture. (Of the gun)
Do you mean like: Making a Bitmap Trace of the Gun, and then erase the white things out.
Or like: Drawing the outlines, and try to design the gun how it is on the picture?

TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

I mean you can basically just draw over the entire thing and then remove the bitmap from beneath it. Basically, you don't have to design anything yourself.

DavidBorja
DavidBorja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

I'll be trying much harder than Round 1 to join this, I hope the collab doesn't die :(

This is Geo, btw.

TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 03:21 AM Reply

Geo, wait, wait, wait... who said the collab was dying ? O.o; We have 4 participants in professional category for round 1. That, plus the intro and outro which, by the way, will be done by Eviltie, makes about 3 minutes of animation. And that's pretty much been the average duration of a pro category collab so far.
Besides, people seem to like round 2 much more than the first one. So I see potential here. :)

AlfaAnims
AlfaAnims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 04:23 AM Reply

I'm so in this one ^u^ and when are you posting round 1?

RIP LuccasBode ;n;

Credits to Jessepinwheel for the sig :)

BBS Signature
TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 04:34 AM Reply

We're planning to finish the intros and outros for the collaborations by 15th January, but I'm not sure that is possible. So we'll probably release sometime around the 20th.

AlfaAnims
AlfaAnims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 05:49 AM Reply

Hey hawk can i use this pistol i made (a few seconds ago) http://www.fileize.com/view/4f29f64f-ac2 /
I made this pistol a while ago but i changed the colours to the reference picture you gave. So am I able to use it or do i have to make another one?

RIP LuccasBode ;n;

BBS Signature
TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 05:57 AM Reply

Yes, it looks similar enough. :)

AlfaAnims
AlfaAnims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 06:00 AM Reply

YAY and love the collab idea, im doing the elevator at the beginning and the door at the end ^u^. I'm going to be in all the rounds cuz they are fun

RIP LuccasBode ;n;

BBS Signature
LuccasBode
LuccasBode
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 01:35 PM Reply

OK, i will work alot more harder in the round 2 =)

btw, good luck everyone

Cryvern
Cryvern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 11th, 2012 @ 10:46 AM Reply

Interested in joining :]
Only obstacle is schoool...
Hopefully if I do join I'd be able to make decent entries

BBS Signature
Yunguy1
Yunguy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 11th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM Reply

Hey guys! Just to let you guys know that if you are having trouble with the tracing of the gun, here's the link!

http://www.fileize.com/files/7b7db2f8/6d 4/TFLTFT_Round_2_Gun.fla

If people are to excessively use the gun, I will have to remove the link. >:|

Animator since 2008

Been on my career for 5 years, got a job as an animator, and an official paid guitarist.

AlfaAnims
AlfaAnims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 11th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

Yun if u don't want ppl to take it put up the swf. file instead of the fla. file.
To hawk: is Yun able to ask someone else to make the weapon with permission to use it?

RIP LuccasBode ;n;

BBS Signature
Yunguy1
Yunguy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 11th, 2012 @ 09:50 PM Reply

That's not what I actually said. I said that anyone willing to use the gun can use it. Unless they want to make a better one. :)

Animator since 2008

Been on my career for 5 years, got a job as an animator, and an official paid guitarist.

AlfaAnims
AlfaAnims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 11th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

Oh ok Yun i misread your post. So everyone who read my last post forget it cuz it is wrong (sort of)

RIP LuccasBode ;n;

BBS Signature
TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 12th, 2012 @ 12:57 PM Reply

I'm not sure if I made this clear, but
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ANIMATE THE BOSS FIGHT.

Sorry for caps, just hoping people will see it when they scroll down. lol

TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 12th, 2012 @ 01:15 PM Reply

Also, the main character knows where the boss is at the top of the building.

Sorry for the double post. I need to send a reminder to all of you about this.

LuccasBode
LuccasBode
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 13th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM Reply

Whats the name of this gun?
I want some more references to model it.

TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 13th, 2012 @ 07:46 AM Reply

I don't know the name but I found another picture of it
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-69916969 /stock-photo-semi-automatic-handgun.html

TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 14th, 2012 @ 04:23 AM Reply

We have the results for round 1 after much debate in the professional category :)

I also posted them in the round 1 thread so please go discuss them there and congratulate the guys!

Current Scoreboard after Round 1

Professional:
1st LuccasBode - 8.13
2nd Eviltie - 7.5
3rd Armorstick - 6.73
4th Oxob3000 - 6.26

Intermediate:
1st Guz - 7.16
2nd Rawgreen - 6.63
3rd -Hawk- - 5.66
4th Petski - 4.9

Beginner:
1st AlfaAnims - 5.7
2nd Monkeyman12344 - 5.5

Xrebellion
Xrebellion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 14th, 2012 @ 06:25 AM Reply

Rebellion in the House! :D
im in ya people
about the gun.Im pretty much sure it is some kind of beretta

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 14th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

I guess I'm in...

killakam98
killakam98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 14th, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

WOOT im in this

TeamXHawk
TeamXHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 15th, 2012 @ 02:19 AM Reply

killakam give me an example animation so I can put you in one of the 3 categories.

oxob3000
oxob3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 20th, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

Alot better then the last round :) Il hopefully make something better for this one. I might have to rush though since I got other stuff that has to be finished soon too :S

Oxob from Stickpage here!
My Youtube!
My DeviantArt!

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 25th, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Hey. Just wanted to let you know that I want out of this. I've been biting off a lot more than I could chew lately. Sorry.

Yunguy1
Yunguy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Stick Showdown - Round 2 Jan. 26th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

The gun is actually an M9. The previous picture was the M9 with an attachment similar to a silencer, yet it's just a flare muffler. :P

Sorry, I just had to. XD

Animator since 2008