..why aren these game/animation threads regulated? I see dozens upon dozens of threads from people who have no skill whatsoever putting out their ideas and trying to get a team, why isnt this moderated?
I personally think that the collab forum rules should be expanded upon to detail requirements for game collaboration and animation collaboration threads. I also think that the rules for this should be something similar to this:
1. You must be a coder or an artist, and if not either you must be offering sponsorship or upfront payment. This would mean that unless you can contribute your half of the game, you either have to pay or simply wait for someone who is one of those two things to make a thread and offer to help with whatever you can offer (writer, composer, etc.)
2. If you make a thread, you must provide an example of your work. (similar to how you must provide a picture in every art thread)
1. You must follow all of the same rules for making a collab, unless you are offering cash upfront or when the animation is complete.
2. If you are a writer, you must provide an example of your work, and must provide a full synopsis (if they are a writer they better know what this entails) and not simply explain their idea.
3. If you are not an animator or a writer (ideas guys or voice-actors), you must only offer your skills in existing threads.
This is just my thoughts on it, but the creation of these threads definitely needs to be moderated.
What is everyone else's thoughts?