00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Woman ruins $30 million painting

6,876 Views | 67 Replies

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 18:50:56

30 million? I painted better shit than that when I was a toddler. Why aren't I in a museum?

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 19:06:20

Is it just me or does that painting seem to be breathing

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 19:07:02

She must've been having a hard time with her artwork so she snapped and rubbed her ass on an expensive piece... then took a piss.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 19:08:40

At 1/5/12 07:06 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Is it just me or does that painting seem to be breathing

*artsy mode on* you are understanding *artsy mode off*

:7

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 21:21:40

At 1/5/12 06:42 PM, RPGShadow wrote: the long story would be the that you would pay the history and the renown name behind the guy's work.

That's a lot to pay for something that's not in the painting. It also suggest that the artist must have done something stellar in the past.

It also helps the value of the art to be kept out of public hands for a really long time, which would make the people who always wanted the paintings of him make it worth tremendously more.

And that suggests you're paying as an exclusive audience - again, unrelated to the painting.

At 1/5/12 07:08 PM, RPGShadow wrote:
At 1/5/12 07:06 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Is it just me or does that painting seem to be breathing

Yeahno, abstract art isn't created so the bourgeoisie to make pretentious hidden meanings behind a painting, like some 30 million dollar magic eye painting.
Looking at Still's wiki page, it was about an exploration of colours with jagged forms. No optical illusions or secret artistic message.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 21:55:12

At 1/5/12 09:21 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 1/5/12 06:42 PM, RPGShadow wrote: the long story would be the that you would pay the history and the renown name behind the guy's work.
That's a lot to pay for something that's not in the painting. It also suggest that the artist must have done something stellar in the past.
It also helps the value of the art to be kept out of public hands for a really long time, which would make the people who always wanted the paintings of him make it worth tremendously more.
And that suggests you're paying as an exclusive audience - again, unrelated to the painting.

you understand now, it doesn't really matter all that much what the content of the painting means, it's just a way for rich people make money off of it, whether by making people pay to see it or to keep it on your private collection so that it gathers more worth and then sell fir an even more outrageous price.
if they want to pay for it, I don't care all that much, I can still see an interesting piece of art.

At 1/5/12 07:08 PM, RPGShadow wrote:
Yeahno, abstract art isn't created so the bourgeoisie to make pretentious hidden meanings behind a painting, like some 30 million dollar magic eye painting.
Looking at Still's wiki page, it was about an exploration of colours with jagged forms. No optical illusions or secret artistic message.

I.WAS.FUCKING.JOKING!

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-05 23:12:36

what the fuck is her problem

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 00:20:04

That woman is my hero.

I would wipe my ass with that piece of junk as well. Maybe she was trying to bring the piece's value down to its true price, that of a used piece of 10 foot toilet paper (which is 64 cents in gum covered crusty change)

What pissed me off wasnt her. It was the pretentious dick hole gallery owner at the end who said "this woman, who is probably unknown to anybody, being able to even touch the piece..." Like the fame of the person matters? So if a celebrity pissed on a painting it would be alright? If some rich snooty froofroo art critic scratched a piece it would be ok? This guy is so far up his own self righteous ass he can see his vocal chords flapping egotistical bullshit.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 01:43:03

At 1/5/12 05:04 PM, CrazySquirrel124 wrote: Don't you have to die a ridiculous death to get a Darwin award?

Yes you do.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 01:49:02

At 1/6/12 01:42 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: Sorry to double post, but for all you cultureless asstards who don't know what "art" means I'd suggest reading up on abstract expressionism before you slag it off.

at last someone that makes some sense in this post, thank you ...

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 02:14:25

I've wiped my ass with $100 bills before, but wiping my ass with a $30 million dollar painting? Damn, bitch, you crazy.

Also, how in the fuck is that painting worth $30 million? It's abstract paint splashes on a canvas that can't be interpreted. I can paint that with my dick and I'll be rich.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 02:15:44

At 1/5/12 05:08 PM, Ilssm wrote: I've always wondered why things that look like someone sneezed paint all over a canvas is worth so much money, yet so many true pieces of artwork can get sold for like $20 at a local flea market.

Ah, how I love the world of art.

Obviously it's because LSD is still widely used among some of these artists, and the beatniks who call it art.

I've got tons of art paint. Guess I'll get some paper and see if I can make paint splotches worth 30mil (maybe if I use my dick as the brush it'll add another 10mil to it).

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 02:21:50

I don't know what she fucked up more: the work of art, or her own body. Lol.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 03:03:17

Art is a beautiful idea, not a beautiful painting. Not very many people understand that.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 03:35:05

""You have to wonder where her friends were," she said.."

She probably has none. I know I wouldn't be friends with friends with such an uncultured bitch. Tsk!

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 03:45:16

this thread reminds me why i dont ask 17 year olds their opinion on art

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 03:53:32

Why is that worth $30 m?

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 04:22:23

At 1/5/12 04:55 PM, VGmasters wrote: Looks like we got a darwin awards winner here, people.

Yes, because rubbing one's buttocks against a painting while drunk is a highly lethal pastime.

That said, if she'd applied paint to her buttocks and then rubbed them against a blank canvas (especially while videoing it), she'd have become an artistic sensation, thanks to the internet.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 05:39:42

Looks like the artist painted it with his ass anyway.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 09:36:57

*im sure it was an accident!*

Women rubs buttocks against 30mil painting

I USE PICNIK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 09:56:16

At 1/6/12 05:39 AM, BrockManson wrote: Looks like the artist painted it with his ass anyway.

lol

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 12:23:20

The Darwin Awards are given to people who die stupid deaths, they have nothing to do with just doing stupid things. Besides, that might not even count so much as a stupid thing as an insane thing. I had no idea how big this was when I first heard about it on "The Colbert Report". I guess it's bad enough that many people are talking about it. It's probably a new record for most expensive thing that anyone ever took a dump on!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 12:27:23

At 1/6/12 03:03 AM, Bolo wrote: Art is a beautiful idea, not a beautiful painting. Not very many people understand that.

dam BOLO that was deep and actually made me think for a good while

thanks for that

wish we had more INSIGHTFUL posters around here.. instead of the scum i normally deal with...

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 13:11:53

At 1/6/12 04:22 AM, Coop wrote: That said, if she'd applied paint to her buttocks and then rubbed them against a blank canvas (especially while videoing it), she'd have become an artistic sensation, thanks to the internet.

I don't know about artistic sensation, but she'd likely become a meme.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 13:27:22

At 1/6/12 12:27 PM, SKHM wrote: wish we had more INSIGHTFUL posters around here.. instead of the scum i normally deal with...

Lol, SKHM is the badass cop of the newgrounds bbs. Do you beat the fucking scum silly with your fists and spit on those fucking waste of DNA? Lmao. On topic, yeah the painting aint worth $30 million dollars but even if you don't agree with the price tag or have a beef with art in general. Don't wipe your fucking arse all oer someones work, was the painting actually doing any harm to this freak show women? No, she's an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 13:30:03

"...Colorado woman rubs her buttock against $30 Dollar painting."

... wat.

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 14:02:44

At 1/6/12 01:27 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
At 1/6/12 12:27 PM, SKHM wrote: wish we had more INSIGHTFUL posters around here.. instead of the scum i normally deal with...
Lol, SKHM is the badass cop of the newgrounds bbs.

Ah noobs, an always occurring source of pre junkie idiotics and stand-up shit jokes, how droll

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 14:04:57

That's not what a Darwin award is but whatever...

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 14:08:34

At 1/6/12 02:02 PM, tox wrote:
At 1/6/12 01:27 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
Lol, SKHM is the badass cop of the newgrounds bbs.
Ah noobs, an always occurring source of pre junkie idiotics and stand-up shit jokes, how droll

tox, you truck-driving furry piece of shit, how dare you call me a noob? you want to feel a fucking pwn?

grab your fucking hat, it's about to get windy in this bitch

look at your pretentious misuse of words, droll?????? it's a synonym for funny you fucking idiot, and don't even pretend you were using it ironically

you keep insulting and i'll drive my ass to canada and fill your white trash mouth with all 4 inches of my beefy cock and make you choke

i can't fucking stand posting on the same forums as you

FUCK YOU

f u c k y o u

F-U-C-K Y-O-U

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 14:09:46

its common sense to protect some thing that is worth 30 MILLION DOLLARS!!!

At least put it in a case or something,